The Official Site of the Vancouver Canucks
Canucks Community

[PGT] Vancouver Canucks at Toronto Maple Leafs | Jan. 05, 2019

-Vintage Canuck-

7 minutes ago, Kanukfanatic said:

I personally do not want jack hughes. We do not need another tiny little speedy guy.  If the world ended and the Canucks somehow won the draft lottery I hope they take Kakko.

Hide contents

Kakko is playing like a beast.

4 minutes ago, -Vintage Canuck- said:

“We just couldn’t find a way to score. We haven’t had the offensive zone time or chances we want in these last two games. We hung in there a bit, but didn’t have our best. Pucks need to get towards the net for greasy goals.” - Sutter

Hey Sutter, we lost two in a row with you in the lineup.

It's ok guys. This is a team in rebuild mode. Michael Hutchinson was just too good to score on, wow cant believe he's a 3rd string goalie.

Bring on the tank! We will get more awesome prospects handpicked by the legendary John Weisbrod and.. goddamnit I tried but can't do it. I can't just fluff this garbage. This team has been shutout too many times. 

Did I expect them to win? No, but they couldn't do much of anything. Couldn't even get one sorry goal.

Too many young guys not producing. Too many overpaid vets just here for the paycheck with term.

Not expecting a contender, but Green said this team would compete every night. Scoring 0 goals in 3 of the last 4 games is not competing, sorry.

4 minutes ago, -Vintage Canuck- said:

“We just couldn’t find a way to score. We haven’t had the offensive zone time or chances we want in these last two games. We hung in there a bit, but didn’t have our best. Pucks need to get towards the net for greasy goals.” - Sutter

The offense on this team has disappeared since he and Baertschi returned.  Team was getting it done quite nicely without those two.

4 minutes ago, Wilfred said:

Just wondering where Bo Horvat has been offensively?? Just a complete lack of scoring from any line other than EP's.

This team is anemic without Pettersson. 

Just take a look at Bo's recent linemates. A $6m boat anchor and a career agitator. He wasn't given anyone whom he can produce with.

1 minute ago, Mustapha said:

It's ok guys. This is a team in rebuild mode. Michael Hutchinson was just too good to score on, wow cant believe he's a 3rd string goalie.

Every time I see this name, I think it says Michael Hutchence - and then I want to listen to INXS

7 minutes ago, -Vintage Canuck- said:

Go grease your balls Sutter.

1 minute ago, 48MPHSlapShot said:

I wouldn't lay much blame on Baer. He had 3 points in the 3 games he played before the Montreal game. 

But juggling the lines that were producing has changed the chemistry and dynamics.  They look like they have no idea what their teammates are doing. 

1 minute ago, 1-d said:

Just take a look at Bo's recent linemates. A $6m boat anchor and a career agitator. He wasn't given anyone whom he can produce with.

That's not a valid reason for the lack of offense. He played with said linemates the entire season and it wasn't affecting his production earlier this season.

Obviously it's easier to score with better offensive players, which he played with tonight. 

3rd shutout in 4 games still. 

Archived