The Official Site of the Vancouver Canucks
Canucks Community

[Proposals] Armchair GM thru EDM's Misery

2 hours ago, Alflives said:

Then the Oiler owner could give Chia Pet a five year extension!  

i admit it

i trolled/posted on the oiler hfboard today .. just because

told them the media conference scheduled for today

only had hitch appear

because the contract details for the extensions for chiapet and talbot

had not yet been fully ironed out and signed

so they'd be announcing those tomorrow

After all the first round 1OA picks that the Oilers have had in the stupid LOTTO DRAFT,

made because of these inept Oilers & Toronto &Buffalo (tanking to get better picks )year after year.

I for one DO NOT FEEL SORRY FOR THEM AT ALL! Didn't hear them bitching when they won all those Stanley Cups did you.with a cocaine addled goaltender(allegedly)

The Oilers have had every opportunity to be good again,so I DO NOT FEEL SORRY FOR THEM IN THE LEAST.

Their big problem, as probably everyone knows, they have traded all their main, marketable trade chips for a bag of not so magic beans. Maybe it was magic mushrooms, that would certainly explain Chia pets actions unless he's going with insanity plea.

Maybe Benning should offer to do his old boss a favor, considering how desperate he is.

To Edmonton:

Edler (with promise that we resign him in Summer)

Goldobin

2nd 2019

2nd 2020

2nd 2021

To Vancouver:

Draisaitl

Lucic

Then, waive Lucic and use our cap space to assign him to Utica where he can at least put his goon instincts to use, protecting our better prospects.

Now, if I was running Edmonton, would I make that trade? Not for all the tea in China. But, considering whatever it is that Chia must be smoking lately, maybe he goes for it on the idea the we solve his cap space issue allowing him to sign some other, overpriced UFA's, July 1st! :)

I would start out by planting drugs on Lucic’s person to take advantage of the Richards loop hole. Then I would use the 2020 first as a start point for a top D prospect, such as Cal Foote. Use the 2019 first, pool party, 2019 second for one of Tarasenko, O’Reilly or Shenn

5 hours ago, NewbieCanuckFan said:

Too bad we really don’t have anybody good to spare else I’d want Benning to throw a bone to them.  No one great but just enough to move them a bit higher in the standings (like a goalie or a defenseman perhaps).  Reason?  It’s in our (Canucks) best interest to have Chiapet continue being the GM of the Oilers.:P

Is that a requirement?

4 hours ago, janisahockeynut said:

Oh , yes.....and fire Chia and any ex-Oiler executive

wait... does this mean the press was wrong when they were lambasting the canucks for not rebuilding the right way like edmonton? hmm... almost like it was always a ploy to reassure the Toronto fans their team was going in the right direction.

I see a Columbus trade happening and a 

To Edmonton 

Panarin

Bobrovski 

Duclair

To CBJ

Puljujarvi 

Lucic 

Koskinen 

Ryan McLeod 2018 2nd round pick

2019 1st 

2020 1st

Then they will look to Carolina for help on defence. 

To Edmonton 

Dougie Hamilton 

To Carolina

Evan Bouchard 

Oilers new lines

Panarin Mcdavid Chiasson

Draisaitl Nudge Yamamoto 

Khaira Cave Duclair

Rieder Brodziak Kassian

Nurse Hamilton

Jones Larson 

Manning Russel 

Bobrovski

back up

• -SN- changed the title to [Proposals] Armchair GM thru EDM's Misery
9 hours ago, kenhodgejr said:

To Edmonton 

Panarin

Bobrovski 

Duclair

To CBJ

Puljujarvi 

Lucic 

Koskinen 

2019 1st 

2020 1st

To Edmonton 

Dougie Hamilton 

To Carolina

Evan Bouchard 

Oilers new lines

Panarin Mcdavid Chiasson

Draisaitl Nudge Yamamoto 

Khaira Cave Duclair

Rieder Brodziak Kassian

Nurse Hamilton

Jones Larson 

Manning Russel 

Bobrovski

back up

I think this is the best suggestion I've seen so far.  Take some talented players from Columbus who are available (Panarin pending UFA, Bobrovsky having issues internally), dump Lucic but pay a lot of future assets for this.  Carolina wants a young forward for Hamilton though, not another D prospect.  Value-wise it's equal but not what Carolina is looking for.

Target a #1 young d man that you can build around, who is in the same age bracket as McDavid.  They wanted Larsson to be that guy, but he's not. 

My target: Aaron Ekblad.  Florida wouldn't want to trade him, but if you offer something great, I could see them considering.

Evan Bouchard, 2019 first round pick, Jesse Puljujarvi, Andrej Sekera and a conditional 2020 2nd round pick (if Edmonton makes the playoffs this year) for Aaron Ekblad

High price of young talent, but getting a potentially elite young defenseman to build around.

When healthy:

Klefbom - Ekblad

Nurse - Larsson

Russel - Petrovic/Benning/Manning

10 hours ago, kenhodgejr said:

To Edmonton 

Panarin

Bobrovski 

Duclair

To CBJ

Puljujarvi 

Lucic 

Koskinen 

2019 1st 

2020 1st

To Edmonton 

Dougie Hamilton 

To Carolina

Evan Bouchard 

Oilers new lines

Panarin Mcdavid Chiasson

Draisaitl Nudge Yamamoto 

Khaira Cave Duclair

Rieder Brodziak Kassian

Nurse Hamilton

Jones Larson 

Manning Russel 

Bobrovski

back up

Your solution to Edmonton’s cap crunch,  Which has them roughly $2m shy of being able to activate Sekera, Is to have them take On roughly an additional $10m in cap? 

12 hours ago, VegasCanuck said:

Their big problem, as probably everyone knows, they have traded all their main, marketable trade chips for a bag of not so magic beans. Maybe it was magic mushrooms, that would certainly explain Chia pets actions unless he's going with insanity plea.

Maybe Benning should offer to do his old boss a favor, considering how desperate he is.

To Edmonton:

Edler (with promise that we resign him in Summer)

Goldobin

2nd 2019

2nd 2020

2nd 2021

To Vancouver:

Draisaitl

Lucic

Then, waive Lucic and use our cap space to assign him to Utica where he can at least put his goon instincts to use, protecting our better prospects.

Now, if I was running Edmonton, would I make that trade? Not for all the tea in China. But, considering whatever it is that Chia must be smoking lately, maybe he goes for it on the idea the we solve his cap space issue allowing him to sign some other, overpriced UFA's, July 1st! :)

Clearly not a chance in hell of Edmonton giving up Draisaitl to rid themselves of Lucic.  But beyond that, Lucic has a NMC. He’s not going to agree to a trade to Vancouver and then agree to go to the minors. (You can’t just choose to waive someone with a NMC)

Archived