The Official Site of the Vancouver Canucks
Canucks Community

[PGT] San Jose Sharks at Vancouver Canucks | Feb. 11, 2019

-Vintage Canuck-

2 minutes ago, *Buzzsaw* said:

It was obvious Kane was not going to fight... he knew the Sharks were getting a man advantage.  He had already shown he wouldn't fight Jake.

All chasing Kane would do is get Guddy was another penalty for roughing... that's why he didn't chase Kane.

Re. Guddy losing his mean... I don't think so... he showed it all game in Calgary.

So what if he gets another penalty... He just took a bad penalty in a game that was over anyways... If he was concerned, he shouldn't have slashed to begin with. 

He shuda just grabbed him and started throwing haymakers to Kane's face... Kane did it to Troy. 

Ryan Miller has stood up more for Troy than Guddy. That's not a statement you want to be true. 

Just now, on the cycle said:

I didn't hate the Clendening trade. We need depth at the time and Jim thought Subban was similar to Forsling so he traded the guy that was younger.

I didn't hate it on paper when it happened. Then when I saw Clendenning play I was very disappointed.

1 minute ago, apollo said:

So what if he gets another penalty... He just took a bad penalty in a game that was over anyways... If he was concerned, he shouldn't have slashed to begin with. 

He shuda just grabbed him and started throwing haymakers to Kane's face... Kane did it to Troy. 

Ryan Miller has stood up more for Troy than Guddy. That's not a statement you want to be true. 

Kane was not going to fight... he took a nasty slash to his leg from Guddy and did nothing... he was even grimacing from the pain.

Guddy did what he could to get him to fight... wasn't going to happen.

Kane had likely been told by his bench to walk away from anything with Guddy... he is too valuable for the Sharks to risk getting his jaw broken.

7 minutes ago, -Vintage Canuck- said:

I saw someone post that Sutter has been basically a part time player since joining the Canucks. In the 5 seasons prior to joining Vancouver he missed a total of 3 games. In the 4.5 seasons with Vancouver, he's already missed a total of 115 games. Yikes. 

6 minutes ago, PhillipBlunt said:

He should be looking to offload some players before the deadline. This draft is important. This team needs more picks, and shouldn't get too caught up in a one and done series. 

We need the small victory,this club suffered humiliation for too long.

All I hope is that this game we see some changes to the defensive line up, it’s not working, we need to try something new. Pouliot and Biega are not cutting it plain and simple, Guddy same as well. Obviously they won’t go full fire sale, but a change needs to be done. Especially if Edler is out for a long time. 

Just now, *Buzzsaw* said:

Kane was not going to fight... he took a nasty slash to his leg from Guddy and did nothing... he was even grimacing from the pain.

Guddy did what he could to get him to fight... wasn't going to happen.

Kane had likely been told by his bench to walk away from anything with Guddy... he is too valuable for the Sharks to risk getting his jaw broken.

I think you're probably bang on with most of that post. 

I have to see the clip again but I thought it was mainly Guddy that "skated off" 

Regardless though, Gudbranson needs to skate to him grab his collar and feed him 2 cheap shots in the face. Get a 5 minute major whatever, the game was over. 

Kane did the exact same thing to Troy. 

Kane did what Sestito got 7 minutes for... What Hansen got 7 minutes for... Kane got a double minor and 2 minutes to Troy to shorten it. Lol. Nhl is a joke. 

Archived