The Official Site of the Vancouver Canucks
Canucks Community

[Trade] Canucks trade Erik Gudbranson to Penguins for Tanner Pearson

HerrDrFunk

12 minutes ago, Kosmo Kramer said:

So 3rd pairing for them I'm guessing?  Similar stats to what Benn is giving us so far.

Really happy having Pearson and Benn over Guddy

Yeah mostly 3rd pair in the few pens games i watched. Haven't noticed him in a bad way. 

Edited by canuck73_3
  • Thanks 1

6 hours ago, Kosmo Kramer said:

So 3rd pairing for them I'm guessing?  Similar stats to what Benn is giving us so far.

Really happy having Pearson and Benn over Guddy

He's been scratched twice now. Marino has been in the lineup in place of him. If Marino holds, they'll either try to trade him or he will be their 7th dman. 

• Thanks 1
  • Cheers 2
  • Upvote 1

1 hour ago, The 5th Line said:

There was a play the other day that I wish I could gif to show everybody.

He was penalty killing against the Jets, he had the puck behind the goal line with nobody on him.  First he hesitated with it not realizing he had the time he did, while he was hesitating it was like everybody else stopped for a second, it reminded me of pick-up puck at 12pm on Fridays when there is a less skilled player out there so you give him a few extra seconds to make a play before you try to check him.  He had the puck on his back hand about to circle behind the net, he could of cut out in front of the net and played it out on his forehand or he could of wheeled hard around the net and quickly pounded it out of the zone on his forehand but instead he hesitated like I said, and then proceeded to lug it behind the net on his backhand, head down still not realizing how much time he had and he literally tried to backhand the puck from behind his net, around the boards and out of the zone.. again, he tried to clear the puck with a backhand clear around the boards from behind his own net... It was picked off at the blueline

My explanation doesn't do it justice.  It was one of the worst "wtf" plays I have seen in awhile.  

Poor bastard. He is a beauty

There is a gif of that play out there.

13 hours ago, Phil_314 said:

I'm happy with Pearson.  We're set up the middle (Pete - Bo - Gaud/ Sutter) and Tanner's a great complement to Bo.

I'd rather have MCcan but it doesn't matter now. The 2nd rounder included in the original Gudbranson deal was the thing that killed us. Could've been Carter Hart, DeBrincat or Girard. Thankfully we redeemed the trade to some extent because Pearson is a vastly superior player to Gudbranson. More and more I think Guddy does not belong in the NHL, he just doesn't have the puck skills or agility. I was ecstatic when we got rid of his contract, not because I was that enthusiastic about Pearson but I knew losing Gudbranson and his contract would be addition by subtraction. He was awful. Pearson fitting in with Bo and playing well has been a bonus. As it stands, Pearson for MCcan and a 2nd rounder isn't a great trade but its not terrible. Pearson is definitely the type of player we've been missing and can play up and down the lineup. 

• Cheers 1
  • Upvote 1