The Official Site of the Vancouver Canucks
Canucks Community

Linus Karlsson | C

Am I the only one that really likes Karlsson as a prospect? Every ranking I see has him way down their list, but in my mind he's easily comparable as a prospect to Lind, Lockwood and Jasek.

I think he's going to boom up a lot of prospect list and be close to a top 10 prospect by the end of the year.

36 minutes ago, RetroCanuck said:

Am I the only one that really likes Karlsson as a prospect? Every ranking I see has him way down their list, but in my mind he's easily comparable as a prospect to Lind, Lockwood and Jasek.

I think he's going to boom up a lot of prospect list and be close to a top 10 prospect by the end of the year.

If/when he makes the jump over here, I'm sure people will start to notice him more. He's simply an under the radar type prospect like Jasek (for most) before he came over here. He's not the flashy offensive type, so there's less excitement about it.

46 minutes ago, RetroCanuck said:

It's because he's viewed as some consolation prize from the Dahlen situation.

If he was drafted by the Canucks, he would be getting more coverage.

2 hours ago, RetroCanuck said:

He does a lot of things right what’s not to like. As of now he looks to have a shot as a bottom 6 Center. However right now he is viewed as a bottom 6 guy. People don’t really pay as much attention unless they show top 6 offensive potential. He is young enough that he could make strides in his offensive approach and I’m sure if that happens people will be posting a lot more.

In other news, Dahlen will spend the final year of his ELC with Timrå in the Allsvenskan.  The club was demoted again from the SHL last year, so this will be Dahlen's fourth season in Sweden's second-tier pro league.  

Google translate of the announcement:

Jonathan Dahlén joins Timrå IK!

Timrå IK can today announce that Jonathan Dahlén will return to Sweden and Timrå IK!

Welcome home!

Dahlén needs no major introduction but his parent club is Östersunds IK. Then it became a game in HV71 before moving to Timrå season 2014/2015.

The debut in the A-team happened the following season and the rest is what you usually say, history. In total, there have been 164 matches and 144 (81 + 63) points in Timråtröjan including an advance to SHL.

Last year's season started in Utica Comets, Vancouver Canucks Farmers' Team, where there were 29 (14 + 15) points in 50 games before being switched to San Jose Barracuda, San Jose Sharks Farmers Club, where there were 4 (0 + 4) points in 7 games .

Now he returns to Timrå IK again! Listen to Dahlén's own words before returning to the video at the top.

Jonathan Dahlén has signed a one-year loan contract with Timrå IK.

• Thanks 1

6 hours ago, GoldenAlien said:

In other news, Dahlen will spend the final year of his ELC with Timrå in the Allsvenskan.  The club was demoted again from the SHL last year, so this will be Dahlen's fourth season in Sweden's second-tier pro league.  

Google translate of the announcement:

Jonathan Dahlén joins Timrå IK!

Timrå IK can today announce that Jonathan Dahlén will return to Sweden and Timrå IK!

Welcome home!

Dahlén needs no major introduction but his parent club is Östersunds IK. Then it became a game in HV71 before moving to Timrå season 2014/2015.

The debut in the A-team happened the following season and the rest is what you usually say, history. In total, there have been 164 matches and 144 (81 + 63) points in Timråtröjan including an advance to SHL.

Last year's season started in Utica Comets, Vancouver Canucks Farmers' Team, where there were 29 (14 + 15) points in 50 games before being switched to San Jose Barracuda, San Jose Sharks Farmers Club, where there were 4 (0 + 4) points in 7 games .

Now he returns to Timrå IK again! Listen to Dahlén's own words before returning to the video at the top.

Jonathan Dahlén has signed a one-year loan contract with Timrå IK.

Vancouver Canucks' farmers team. I get it now. I guess Dahlen was tired of getting yelled at to milk the cows and feed the horses. He just wanted to play some hockey for goodness sake!

• Haha 4

15 hours ago, theo5789 said:

Vancouver Canucks' farmers team. I get it now. I guess Dahlen was tired of getting yelled at to milk the cows and feed the horses. He just wanted to play some hockey for goodness sake!

This really shows what Dahlen's potential is. It's not good.

I bring this up  @Timråfan  because you are looking worse and worse when you're defending Dahlen. This will be his fourth season with a team that hasn't progressed. Worst of all, he CHOSE this route because he didn't want to stay in the AHL (either with the Canucks or with the Sharks) nor did he go the higher tiered SHL team if he wanted to stay in Sweden.

At this point, the word "loyalty" is a really poor excuse. This is not loyalty. He clearly has no desire to up his game or he has no capability to do so.

Loyalty is the Sedins. Loyalty is Edler.

The fact that you call this "loyalty" is a slap to the face of your fellow Swedes who actually demonstrate loyalty.

Edited by Dazzle
  • Like 1
  • Cheers 2
  • Upvote 1

15 hours ago, theo5789 said:

Timra is not primitive hockey you see.

I wonder what he'd say about the higher tiered SHL teams then.

17 hours ago, theo5789 said:

Johnny Dahlen hadda' farm...now T, I ,M, R, AAAAA

& on that farm they had some chickens..poultry didn't payy

They were too cheep here & too cheep there(bird noises & fade)...

• Haha 2

2 hours ago, Nuxfanabroad said:

Johnny Dahlen hadda' farm...now T, I ,M, R, AAAAA

& on that farm they had some chickens..poultry didn't payy

They were too cheep here & too cheep there(bird noises & fade)...

Johnny Dahlen hadda farm, T I M R A

and on that farm he had some fans.. T I M R A

An excuse here and an excuse there. NHL AHL SHL.

Johnny Dahlen hadda farm. T I M R A.

But seriously... I don't hate this player at all. I wish him the best of luck. I REALLY wanted him to pan out with Pettersson because it was a great story of two friends joining the same team.

I also don't hate Timra the team or the league. There are some very talented players.

It's just the excuses that @Timråfan makes. No one is bashing Sweden. No one is bashing your team. I'm only going after you because you blame everyone else except Dahlen.

Edited by Dazzle
  • Cheers 1
  • Haha 1
  • Upvote 1

1 hour ago, Dazzle said:

Johnny Dahlen hadda farm, T I M R A

and on that farm he had some fans.. T I M R A

An excuse here and an excuse there. NHL AHL SHL.

Johnny Dahlen hadda farm. T I M R A.

But seriously... I don't hate this player at all. I wish him the best of luck. I REALLY wanted him to pan out with Pettersson because it was a great story of two friends joining the same team.

I also don't hate Timra the team or the league. There are some very talented players.

It's just the excuses that @Timråfan makes. No one is bashing Sweden. No one is bashing your team. I'm only going after you because you blame everyone else except Dahlen.

Keep it up... You still don't understand what I'm talking about but have fun. B)

• Cheers 2

• 3 weeks later...

Timrafan -  you might know ......

Did I infer correctly from Petey's comments a few months ago that Eriksson flew Dahlen to Vancouver at Christmas to spend it with Petey and with Loui's family?

If so, it might have galled him to bask in his buddy's success (or, maybe his frustration with how Cull deployed him might have been bolstered by Eriksson's growing frustration at his own deployment by Green)

1 hour ago, Googlie said:

Timrafan -  you might know ......

Did I infer correctly from Petey's comments a few months ago that Eriksson flew Dahlen to Vancouver at Christmas to spend it with Petey and with Loui's family?

If so, it might have galled him to bask in his buddy's success (or, maybe his frustration with how Cull deployed him might have been bolstered by Eriksson's growing frustration at his own deployment by Green)

Speculation and assumptions aren't valid in a debate. I think people in this forum need to learn that.

• Like 1
  • Cheers 1
  • Haha 1

3 minutes ago, CRAZY_4_NAZZY said:

Unfortunately we live in a world we people are "tougher" behind their computer screens and feel immunity to say whatever they want. It's best to avoid Twitter as it's a cesspool, but most people that end up in the spotlight need to stay off social media or have a tougher skin about it. It's a part of the business now.

Are you replying to me because you think my comment was offensive?

• Like 1

18 minutes ago, theo5789 said:

Unfortunately we live in a world we people are "tougher" behind their computer screens and feel immunity to say whatever they want. It's best to avoid Twitter as it's a cesspool, but most people that end up in the spotlight need to stay off social media or have a tougher skin about it. It's a part of the business now.

Totally agree.  Making silly comments here, where a player will never read it, is one thing.  However, sending a note to the player directly is completely wrong.  Leave the players alone.  (Except the kids under 12 here; you kids do whatever you want) 

• Cheers 1

32 minutes ago, theo5789 said:

Its true most professionals should stay off social media, but its sad that this is part of the reality sport players have to live in now. Guy is only 21 years old and has people harassing him is pretty stupid.

No It wasn't offensive, just trying to supplement the notion you said that Dahlen really just wanted to play hockey, and having to deal with abuse from a fanbase that can be over zealous probably led to him wanting to go back to a place of comfort to find himself as a player and person again.

• Upvote 1

8 minutes ago, CRAZY_4_NAZZY said:

Its true most professionals should stay off social media, but its sad that this is part of the reality sport players have to live in now. Guy is only 21 years old and has people harassing him is pretty stupid.

No It wasn't offensive, just trying to supplement the notion you said that Dahlen really just wanted to play hockey, and having to deal with abuse from a fanbase that can be over zealous probably led to him wanting to go back to a place of comfort to find himself as a player and person again.

It comes from being in a hockey market. Unfortunately there are trolls that may not even be Canucks fans that pose as such that say stupid things to make Canuck fans look bad.

I would have to imagine that when the young guys come to development camp, there must be some management that lets them know the risks of being on social media and it is up to them to harness the usefulness of it or simply to stay away from it. If not, then this is something that needs to be brought up especially during the hockey talks thing.

The issue though is I imagine he got the social media abuse after it came out that he (or his agent) requested a trade. So I can't really see the link between his time here and wanting to go back. If he could stay off social media, then he wouldn't have to worry about what those morons are saying anyway. Him going back to comfort might be along the lines of something else. This social media thing is simply a reflection of how bad social media can be. If these are so called "fans" then they are not helping out team culture here and maybe players don't want to put up with that crap and would not want to play here. So if they were really "fans", they would shut their yaps. The occasional joke is funny, but I've seen how far things can get and I can't believe the type of rage that comes out of some people over such little things that affect them.

• Thanks 1
  • Cheers 1