The Official Site of the Vancouver Canucks
Canucks Community

Cale Makar wins 2019 Hobey Baker Award

But...players from the AJHL don't become solid hockey players and Makar shouldn't go 4th overall and...or so I was told and kept hearing

Man I love this kid, he is such a stud of a player and I wanted him so bad.  Certainly not complaining with our pick in that draft though either ;)

5 minutes ago, Warhippy said:

But...players from the AJHL don't become solid hockey players and Makar shouldn't go 4th overall and...or so I was told and kept hearing

Man I love this kid, he is such a stud of a player and I wanted him so bad.  Certainly not complaining with our pick in that draft though either ;)

I was wrong about Makar. I didn't think he would be this good.

Avalanche's future sure is bright. The trade with OTT has been a part of that.

• -Vintage Canuck- changed the title to Cale Makar wins 2019 Hobey Baker Award
3 hours ago, Warhippy said:

Pretty stoked to see if he suits up for the Avs. I think most of CDC was keen on him I know JB was. I think if he was there we might not have Pete. However the thought of having Hughes and Makar on one team is just filthy. OOOH so many scenarios if we didn't have Pete we might have finished in the devils spot. Damn you hockey gods. 

Image result for tinfoil hat

4 hours ago, Top Sven Baercheese said:

I think they're similar players. Hughes is a year younger and still in the running for the trophy. Makar wasn't nominated when he was 19... 

Makar is a lot stronger and has a big shot. They both have wonderful skating strides, top speed.

Hughes maybe an edge in agility?

Both were considered top 5 prospects in the world not yet in the NHL just over a month ago. #1 & #2 I think? So we could be splitting hairs...

Archived