The Official Site of the Vancouver Canucks
Canucks Community

2019 Draft Primer

Rate this topic

Seeker1

9 minutes ago, Roger Neilsons Towel said:

Trade up from 10th to 6th and draft Bowen Byram (assuming he is still there at 6th).

He is exactly what this team needs. 

Trade anyone necessary to get the deal done other than Pettersson, Boeser, Horvat, and Hughes. 

Get it done JB. 

When is the last time someone was able to trade up? Doesn't happen much now. I'd love to see Byram with the Canucks, but I doubt it's going to happen. 

31 minutes ago, Roger Neilsons Towel said:

Trade up from 10th to 6th and draft Bowen Byram (assuming he is still there at 6th).

He is exactly what this team needs. 

Trade anyone necessary to get the deal done other than Pettersson, Boeser, Horvat, and Hughes. 

Get it done JB. 

I believe that Byram is gone 3rd OA, although I could see him falling as low as 5 OA. I agree that if he is still available at 6OA, that you make the trade happen, but I don't think its realistic that Byram is still there. 

26 minutes ago, Fateless said:

I believe that Byram is gone 3rd OA, although I could see him falling as low as 5 OA. I agree that if he is still available at 6OA, that you make the trade happen, but I don't think its realistic that Byram is still there. 

It would be prudent if we were to target him to have tentative deals with teams in his range and try to gauge during the draft when to pull the trigger. 

Dynasty teams build from goal out to forward.  Already have Marky,  Demko,  DiP.  Because of this, it's got to be Soderstrom, Broberg or another rising defenceman.   Hughes and OJ simply aren't enough to become an elite team imo.  Can always look for size, scoring,  grit to round out forward group in later rounds.   It needs to be a possession dominating PMD capable of playing 20-25min per night while QH43 plays another 20-25 min and the other d play the rest. 

• Upvote 1

I see some of the media in Vancouver are saying that Mr. Bennings job is on the line this coming season.

I personally say, it doesn't matter who we have as GM,if we continually get screwed by the LOTTO DRAFT,four consecutive drops in position at that B.S. LOTTO DRAFT. .

This team will not get better any time soon, IF THIS CONTINUES.

You have a playoff team getting better draft postions than us ,therefore this system is messed up.

59 minutes ago, DADDYROCK said:

I see some of the media in Vancouver are saying that Mr. Bennings job is on the line this coming season.

I personally say, it doesn't matter who we have as GM,if we continually get screwed by the LOTTO DRAFT,four consecutive drops in position at that B.S. LOTTO DRAFT. .

This team will not get better any time soon, IF THIS CONTINUES.

You have a playoff team getting better draft postions than us ,therefore this system is messed up.

The only reason a playoff team has better position than us is because ottawa traded them their pick.

1 hour ago, 10pavelbure96 said:

The only reason a playoff team has better position than us is because ottawa traded them their pick.

Still a flawed system though. 

The draft lottery was put into place to prevent teams purposely tanking but when it interferes with the whole point of the draft seeding, which is to promote parity in the league, that’s inherently flawed.

Especially seeing how the only two offenders, the oilers and the sabres , haven’t been able to do much with all those top two picks, why are we even concerned with teams tanking? 

The parity goal goal is much more important than preventing tanking crimes. 

Edited by Tomatoes11