The Official Site of the Vancouver Canucks
Canucks Community

[Trade] Jets trade Jacob Trouba to Rangers for Neal Pionk, 2019 1st-round pick

Great trade for the Rangers.

Good trade for Winnipeg.  Pionk gives them a very good, still a RHD. Still a guy who moves the puck with speed to suit their forwARDS. Not as good as Trouba. But on $1.75 mill this year.

Which lets Winnipeg sort their sh!t.

• Upvote 2

8 minutes ago, aGENT said:

I thought NYR were rebuilding, why are they trading picks? First rounders no less??!?

Because the return is young enough and a sure thing vs a possible Jordan Schroeder

That and their second overall they will have 2 new roster players next year

Smart move

Trouba still has not been to arbitration.  

Which also means NYR can sign a long term deal. An RFA at this moment, holding his rigts. They are not neceasily getting a guy who will be UFA next year. 

By price paid, not any huge haul return for Winnipeg?  I would speculate they don't have any predetermined deal along with this transaction?  

But probably have a pretty good idea that the Rag's are in Trouba's wheelhouse.

Edited by Canuck Surfer

Pretty ugly..over on HFBoards almost all fanbases are laying the boots to the poor ol' HF-Winterpeggers.

With the TDL deal combined, it amounts to:

Trouba & Lemieux

For Hayes(gonzo) & Pionk.

That's like gazing out your hotel window(expecting a beach view) & seeing a garbage dump!

• Haha 1

The Rangers could have Trouba, Adam Fox, plus forwards Vitali Kravtsov & Grigori Denisenko all added to the team.

Some teething pains with the rookies aside? That's a heap of high end talent joining all at once. They could be back in the play off race already?

I wonder if UFA Kevin Hayes rejoins the team. Or Duchesne...

They could do damage in the play off's...

12 minutes ago, aGENT said:

I thought NYR were rebuilding, why are they trading picks? First rounders no less??!?

They want to accelerate their rebuild.  LeBrun says they are going to be aggressive this off-season and plan to be very active in free agency.  Panarin is apparently a key target.  

1 minute ago, DrJockitch said:

While $1.75M a year barely survives in Manhattan he is king of the world in Winnipeg.

$1.75M  barely survives?  Nah.  Hell be living luxuriously in NYC still.  And he will get a $7-8M contract next summer.  

If you've never been to NYC....  that would be my #1 pick in the league to play there besides Vancouver.  That city is incredible. 

• Upvote 2

Damn.

I was writing a proposal in an AGM thread where I gave up more for Trouba. lol.

Still think it would've been worth it.

Maybe New York does what I was going to propose and let him go to market.

If he signs a contract that gets my team 4 1st rounder, I let him walk.

If he doesn't I match.

It's a win win for a rebuilding team.

Edited by komodo0921

7 minutes ago, DontFockWithBrock said:

Does trouba = ghost (approximately)? 

Does hutton+10th = pionk+20th?

6 minutes ago, Gatorade- said:

I would say 10th alone >  pionk + 20th

I would say Hutton and Pionk are quite close in value, to an NHL club. So of course a 10th would be greater than a 20th overall pick. 

It was also reported that the Jets did not give permission to Trouba's agent to talk to other teams.

• Wat 1

2 minutes ago, CanuckGAME said:

$1.75M  barely survives?  Nah.  Hell be living luxuriously in NYC still.  And he will get a $7-8M contract next summer.  

If you've never been to NYC....  that would be my #1 pick in the league to play there besides Vancouver.  That city is incredible. 

Been a number of times, love NYC. 

I meant going from Manhattan to Winnipeg is not all bad for a player not making big money.  

I agree with your sentiment though, would not want to live in Winnipeg.

• Upvote 1