The Official Site of the Vancouver Canucks
Canucks Community

[Trade] Lightning trade J.T. Miller to Canucks for Marek Mazanec, 2019 3rd-round pick, 2020 conditional 1st-round pick

I wish we were able to send some kind of dead weight back like spooner retained or schaller. I dont think we should have had to give up a conditional 1st for a player that was not a fit in Tampa's top 6 regularly and gave them over 5m in cap space.

This goes to show me that JB just isnt quite the right guy to be the GM of my Canucks, I dont hate this move I just dont like the cost. We need to capitalize on teams with a cap crunch and get players on the cheap. Eating Marleau on a buyout for a 1st is a no brainer move by Carolina where was JB...

Oh well lets hope he can mesh in our top 6 and be a 50-60pt player for us

• Upvote 1

21 minutes ago, oldnews said:

He got 48.9% ozone starts playing 14:40 in a stacked Tampa foward group.

I think he's earmarked to play with Pettersson - exactly the type of player that line needed imo.

Pettersson got 70.% % ozone starts last year, slightly over 18 minutes of ice time - and that was in spite of injuries to Sutter, Beagle, Edler, Tanev, Gud, etc.

I imagine he is going to see some very attractive opportunities this coming season - let alone with players that are tremendously talented.  He stands a pretty good chance of upticking imo.

Stop being reasonable and using logic! This is not the place for such things! 

• Haha 2

Green has already said he's going with Petey and Brock. JT is exactly what that line needs.

I like this trade. We likely keep our pick for the sweet draft next year and iff we aren't a playoff team in 2021 everyone is getting fired anyway..

• Cheers 1

1 minute ago, mpt said:

It is a cap dump for Tampa, they need the cap dump.

Lucic is a cap dump for Edmonton too, and I like the player.

Marleau was a cap dump and I like the player.

Whats your point?

These are opinions. Thanks for turning up the opinion and turning down the attitude. 

Figured if I called you on negative amplitude, Id complement you on your change in attitude.

• Cheers 1

6 minutes ago, DeNiro said:

And if that 1st becomes a 23rd-25th pick? Or better yet a bust?

Hey I can play this game too.

What if it becomes the #1 overall pick?

What if it does become the 23rd overall pick, didn't we get Boeser there?  

You trade the #1 pick or Boeser AND a 3rd for Miller? 

Great trade for Tampa Bay. Needed to shed salary & you get a 1st from a non-playoff team in doing it.

With their depth Miller played middle 6, so your not giving up one of your top forwards, and for a team with cup aspirations Miller hasn't been as productive in the post season.

Julien Brisebois just picking up where Yzerman left off. Rich get richer. 

• Cheers 1

14 minutes ago, BlackRedYellow said:

Hmm... So now we've got an army...of forwards...

Petey, Bo & Boes (Top 3)

Miller, Pearson & Baertschi (Top 6, for now)

Sutter, Virtanen, Beagle, Roussel, Eriksson & Leivo (could be set for bottom 6)

Goldy, Gaudette, Granlund, Spooner, Schaller & Motte (all fighting to get in to bottom 6)

That's 4-5 forwards too much and that's not counting on any young guns challenging for spots... And... barely none of them can get us anything in return. (Perhaps Goldy & Gaudette, but I'd like to keep those two.)

Guessing we're gonna let a lot of guys just walking out the door!?

Or you know...trade them for picks.....    ;)

Just now, canuck73_3 said:

Miller>>>Hayes and Hayes cost the Jets a 1st for 2months of service and Miller has a better contract. 

Winnipeg made a foolish trade.  I wouldn’t follow the foolish.

1 hour ago, Comeback_Kings said:

Yeah, it's a bit of a mystery how the Canucks are going to improve the blue line right now.    

Same way they were before........UFA.  they never had the assets to trade for a top 4 dman.

5 minutes ago, Canuckster86 said:

I wish we were able to send some kind of dead weight back like spooner retained or schaller. I dont think we should have had to give up a conditional 1st for a player that was not a fit in Tampa's top 6 regularly and gave them over 5m in cap space.

This goes to show me that JB just isnt quite the right guy to be the GM of my Canucks, I dont hate this move I just dont like the cost. We need to capitalize on teams with a cap crunch and get players on the cheap. Eating Marleau on a buyout for a 1st is a no brainer move by Carolina where was JB...

Oh well lets hope he can mesh in our top 6 and be a 50-60pt player for us

Oh look guys aquilini is here and he doesn’t thing JB is the guy! Whew we’re safe. XD

Edited by WolfxHaley

If we miss the playoffs we retain our pick..  if we make the play offs no one is going to like that?

The odds of us being a bottom 10 team again are low. Especially if Boeser is healthy all year and has a good off season. Hughes in the line up all year, and and, if another offensive minded d man is acquired? 

I'll bet JB gets another first of high end prospect before July 1st anyway.

• Upvote 1