The Official Site of the Vancouver Canucks
Canucks Community

[Buyout] Canucks buy out Ryan Spooner

3 minutes ago, DeNiro said:

I don't think he has much value either, however I believe there will be teams looking for cheaper scoring depth after striking out in free agency.

Baertschi is a 40 point player on a decent contract when healthy. For a 4th round pick or bottom airing D it's worth a gamble.

If we can move Baer for a pick I’d be super happy.  

• Like 1

4 hours ago, DeNiro said:

I think there would be teams that would take a chance. When healthy he’s a 40 point player.

We most likely won’t get great value, but if it frees up cap space to upgrade the top 6 it’s worth it.

Buffalos a possibility but he’d probably be a throw in in a deal for Ristolainen. 

I think a healthy Beartchi playing 80 games =Gp 80 -  25G   Pts50-55

• Upvote 1

32 minutes ago, Kanukfanatic said:

Oh boo hoo.  The JB haters continually complain.  Laughable.

Almost as laughable as the bad contracts JB continues to hand out.

quick defend every move he makes. Hand out a Terrible contract great signing , have to buy it out and it’s great move, now that’s funny. 

Edited by combover
  • Haha 1
  • Wat 1

14 minutes ago, combover said:

quick defend every move he makes. Hand out a Terrible contract great signing , have to buy it out and it’s great move, now that’s funny. 

I don't understand this. Can you give me one example of a contract that JB signed somebody to that he then had to buy the player out from it?

• Like 1
  • Upvote 3

34 minutes ago, combover said:

Spooner wasn't signed by Benning.

34 minutes ago, Dazzle said:

Spooner wasn't signed by Benning.

Gagme  spooner. Same same. Better optics that’s it. So then advocates can say “he didn’t sign him”. A dud for dud. 

I think its good he bought him out maybe he wont sign so many bottom 3 to bad deals and we wouldn’t be strapped with unmovable contracts.

schaller another bad deal. That’s 1.9 mill of wasted cap becomes more important now and that doesn’t even cover the really bad ones.  eriksdone sutter  3 and 2 years left on those ugly ones. 

• Haha 1

1 hour ago, canucklehead80 said:

Wait and see that it won’t be 7.5 per

If Benning does end up handing out a contract with an AAV like this, I hope it comes completely out of left field and he shocks everyone and signs Anders Lee! (He'll probably command 8-9 million per in this crazy inflated market).

I know it is utter fantasy but imagine this top 6:

Lee - Petey - Boeser

Pearson - Horvat - JT Miller

• Upvote 1

4 hours ago, KirkSave said:

If Benning does end up handing out a contract with an AAV like this, I hope it comes completely out of left field and he shocks everyone and signs Anders Lee! (He'll probably command 8-9 million per in this crazy inflated market).

I know it is utter fantasy but imagine this top 6:

Lee - Petey - Boeser

Pearson - Horvat - JT Miller

Now that’s a top 6 that would command respect. Even without Lee though, I’m loving the way our top 6 is shaping up with Miller now in the mix.

In a year or two I’m hoping Hoglander will be pushing for a spot on one of those wings. And then we have Podkolzin coming too, ready to supplant anyone who’s not pulling their weight. Things are beginning to look up ;) 

Now if two of Juolevi, Woo or Tryamkin (or any other pleasant surprises) can become impact players on our back end in the next couple years then we’ll be looking great!

Edited by YearoftheNuck
  • Like 1
  • Cheers 1

5 hours ago, combover said:

Gagme  spooner. Same same. Better optics that’s it. So then advocates can say “he didn’t sign him”. A dud for dud. 

I think its good he bought him out maybe he wont sign so many bottom 3 to bad deals and we wouldn’t be strapped with unmovable contracts.

schaller another bad deal. That’s 1.9 mill of wasted cap becomes more important now and that doesn’t even cover the really bad ones.  eriksdone sutter  3 and 2 years left on those ugly ones. 

Schaller is low risk , he was suppose to be depth anyway.

spooner had to go because we may hit the market twice on monday

4 hours ago, teepain said:

Schaller is low risk , he was suppose to be depth anyway.

spooner had to go because we may hit the market twice on monday

schaller  was is low risk waste of almost 2mill in cap to sit on the bench all year. 

Spooner had to go because he was the the gagme mistake in disguise and a waste of another 2 mill in cap. 

3 mill to louie. 

All of a sudden the cap surplus so many have been saying we have is gone. 

18.5 to spend 

boeser needs a contract as do a hand full of RFAs and we have young guys that’ll need raises in the near future. 

i Sense some (more) bad trades coming.

Especially After spender Jim blows his load on a d-man (Myers)  that has never been a difference maker in his career. 

Ufa are the time when GM lose there minds and seem like the forget about the future and the salary cap. 

More time than not the UFA signed doesn’t work out as expected. Yet this time will be different..........