The Official Site of the Vancouver Canucks
Canucks Community

[Signing] Jordie Benn signs with Canucks

Funny all the Canucks connections with my hometown Kelowna Rockets.  Edler and Meyers were Rockets.  We were supposedly getting Barrie who was a Rocket.  Jordie Benn's brother Jamie was a Rocket.

Pierre Maguire said Penn State was Linebacker U and Kelowna Rockets were Defenceman U

This list is incredible for 1 CHL team

Shea Weber

Duncan Keith

Tyson Barrie

Damon Severson

Tyler Meyers

Luke Schenn

Josh Gorges

Alex Edler

Scott Hannan

Kyle Cumiskey

Richie Regehr

Sheldon Souray

Cal Foote

Madison Bowey

Drafted this year Lassi Thompson and Kaeden Korczak

• Cheers 3
  • Upvote 1

7 minutes ago, Davathor said:

Thanks, wanted exactly this.

This forums setup is terrible.

Bury the rumors, new threads for confirmed signings. Instead we get to sift through pages of people arguing about whether or not the signing will happen to find the relevant information and input on a new deal. Such a backwards, messy way to "organize" the most active NHL forum.

A good rule of thumb at this point is head to the last page and work backward.   It's hard to prevent people from offering opinions along the way (as it's sort of the point of having the forum).  But it can be difficult and important stuff gets lost in the weeds for sure.

It's a high volume event so things move quickly.

• Cheers 1
  • Upvote 2

2 hours ago, apollo said:

This could be our best signing. Love that value. Love Jordie. 

2 hours ago, 189lb enforcers? said:

This is the signing the fans should be thrilled with.

Everyone is in the Meyers thread instead. 

2 hours ago, shoeyj86 said:

The impact this signing will have for a Stetcher and Hughes (along with Meyers). Is going to be huge. Hughes has added insulation in case he stumbles, while Stetcher no longer has to carry his d partner. 

Really like this signing 

I am not sure I would call the Benn signing a "depth" signing. He is a solid D-man. Although he is no doubt penciled in on the 3rd pairing at present, he could play in the top 4 depending on how things go with Quinn Hughes. Two years at 2 million a year is pretty good value.

I like this better than the Myers signing, although I admit the Myers contract is not nearly as bad as I had feared and expected. I was expecting maybe 6 years at 7 million per year. Five years at 6 million per year is a big relief. And the Canucks don't have to give him expansion draft protection.

I still think the Canucks should have brought Schenn back though.

• Like 1
  • Upvote 1

2 minutes ago, The Lock said:

You do know this is Vancouver right?

Personally I'd rather be put on blast for underperforming (though on a 2 mill contract he'd have to really be bad) than for not speaking a language.

Benn will be a fan favourite by November.

• Upvote 1

5 minutes ago, IRR said:

For sure! Nice to see. 

Also, nice to see players come home (home province). 

Also, new to posting here, but I have read the forum for years. Always appreciate your positivity / opinion!!! 

Thank you very much...welcome!

• Like 1