The Official Site of the Vancouver Canucks
Canucks Community

[Signing] Canucks sign Micheal Ferland

Just now, MikeBossy said:

LMAO was on Calgary Puck and they said anything over 4 million was too much but 3.75 million was a steal - wonder what they think now? All I can say is Tkachuk better keep his head on a swivel with that top 6 we have now :D

watching them put together lineups was laughable

Just now, MikeBossy said:

LMAO was on Calgary Puck and they said anything over 4 million was too much but 3.75 million was a steal - wonder what they think now? All I can say is Tkachuk better keep his head on a swivel with that top 6 we have now :D

Ooh I forgot about that Rat Tkachuk. Can’t wait for him to try his crap now 

• Haha 1

2 minutes ago, aGENT said:

With Roussel on IR we can fit Boeser and not have to move anyone until Rouss comes off. After that, any of Baer, Sutter, Tanev or the 'white whale' of Eriksson will need to be moved and shouldn't be a problem. 

So we basically have until November'ish to solve this 'problem' (and I wouldn't be surprised to see it dealt with before that either as we DO have a lot of bodies).

Thanks for this.  

• Cheers 1

9 minutes ago, Metal Face Doom said:

I hope this is sarcasm because if it isn't, you're just hating for the sake of hating.  That's not to say all of Jim's signings have been great, they haven't been.  But this one was a great one.  

No, I’m super excited about signing a 27 year old concussion case for a 4 year term. 

Edited by Bubble Man
  • Wat 2

1 minute ago, CaptainLinden16 said:

Boeser had more goals, less ice time, less games played and he was rookie without Pettersson.  His shooting percentage was higher without Pettersson.  You don't have to look at the stats although they tell a clear story.  You can simply watch them play.  Boeser is not a great player without the puck.  That is what he can develop and grow in his game.  They don't come to the NHL as finished products.  He is a very good player with the puck on his stick.  

Boeser was coming off a substantial injury with barely any rehab. Most of the season he looked hurt as well along with the taped wrist. Watch this season he gets 35 plus with EP.

• Cheers 1
  • Upvote 2

5 minutes ago, Tystick said:

I would say playoffs are a guarantee at this point.

Statistically:

- We have enough production to make the playoffs.

- Improved defense to prevent more goals than last year 

- So therefore odds are Markstrom and Demko will have a much better season.

Considering JB had the confidence to trade our 1st, this should all tell us something.

Nothing is guaranteed. But I like our chances 

• Cheers 1

2 minutes ago, Metal Face Doom said:

I find it quite interesting that Jim has found his stride since Linden left.  It cannot be denied that Jim is a great evaluator of talent.  Our young talent is the best it's ever been.  His trades have been mediocre and his signings have been average.  However, overall, this off season has been a great one so far.  Just sign Brock and we are set.  

Agreed.  He is getting better at the other elements for sure.  All of this has happened and we also have Podkolzin, Hoglander waiting in the wings.  Think of the depth then. 

• Upvote 1

1 minute ago, Kobayashi Maru said:

I fully agree here.  We are fundamentally better now.  For all those who are still worried about the 1st, think of it this way.  Myers, Miller and Ferland for a 1st.  Seem better now?

Not to mention we have plenty of time and assets to reacquire a 1st if need be.

• Upvote 3

1 minute ago, MikeBossy said:

Ferland neutralizes Tkachuk.  So what're the Flames going to do about everyone else, unleash 18YO?  Sure, go ahead and start something in your usual Flames style.  We're ready.

• Upvote 1

29 minutes ago, brownky said:

If we get a Lindros haul for him, I wouldn't be upset. He's a good scorer, but other aspects of his game do leave much to be desired.

I want guys who want to be part of the program, not guys who 'wanna get paid'. It's one thing to be paid, it's another to be Kevin Hayes. The signings I've seen us make so far in Free Agency are all looking like people who could have eked out an extra mil or half somewhere else, but like the project we've got going.

Those are the guys you want.

There's nothing to suggest Boeser is just a guy "looking to get paid" and isn't buying in to the org's vision. 

• Thanks 1
  • Upvote 1

3 minutes ago, N4ZZY said:

I think some people think that JB is dumb AF. And he's certainly made mistakes (Eriksson, Sutter, etc), but he's also made some really good moves for this franchise (drafting EP40, finding Brock later 1st round, etc). He's definitely going for it, I think he sees that if he doesn't make the postseason this year, he's probably not coming back next year as GM. So obviously he's wanting to come back. And he has made improvements every year he's been the GM here. I like his drafting, it's been better than all the other GM's that we've had (for the most part) in the history of this franchise. He's been solid. Could he be better? Yes. I think so, of course. 

I like Miller, and I like Ferlund. Those two in the top six will help. They're not just goons, they have offensive capability, and they're also "tough" to play against as well. That'll help both Boeser and EP40. 

I hope after these trades, Benning doesn't trade Boeser 

That'd be the worse. 

Not sure Sutter was a mistake.  No one envisioned an injury laden time here considering his previous seasons.  Certainly agree that LE was “big” mistake 

• Cheers 1

2 hours ago, greenbean30 said:

Well if this is true, something is obviously in the works trade wise.

Don’t see how we’d have the room for both him and Boeser right now.

It’s Ferland lol it’s not like we offer sheeted Marner.