The Official Site of the Vancouver Canucks
Canucks Community

Who would You Rather See in Vancouver this Season, Ferland or McEwen?

Rate this topic

dpn1

1 hour ago, RRypien37 said:

You're comparing an established NHL player with back to back 40 point seasons with a rookie who has played a total of 4 NHL games?

C'mon...

My thoughts exactly 

Why cant we have both?

Zack can start on the fourth line.  We potentially have grit and toughness on each line now.  We can take it to the other team.  We dont have to wait for one guy (dorsett or Gudbranson) to be reactive...

2 hours ago, vinny_in_vancouver said:

Are you a Tampa Bay Lightning fan? Just check the numbers that both have managed to produce in the NHL and their ages.

What does are you talking about?  What does wanting Zack McEwen to play with the Canucks next year have to do with the TBL?

1 minute ago, vinny_in_vancouver said:

Um, yeah. The question was not whether you want Zack McEwen to play with the Canucks. It was an OR question.

Oh, didn't understand.  Not a TBL fan.  Would like to see more young guys given a chance to develop.  I think Zack Could handle it.

I don’t understand the question.

ZM is most likely a career bubble player. He showed well on a pathetic roster devoid of any physicality and starving fans saw that and... bam, the guy is challenging MF for a spot. 

Just goes to show, and I am the captain of them, that fans are that desperate for size and grit to make the team. 

I kind of had a feeling the westerner would come back.

Happy Firkland is here, ... just a bit late though, JB... all of this, but giver balls! 

Edited by 189lb enforcers?
  • Upvote 1

3 hours ago, mikeyman109 said:

Id like to see Ferland riding shotgun with Petey and Boes. He was a complete pain in the ass in the series with Calgary in 2014.

now if we can sign Boeser we are set for the season. If we can rid ourselves of Eriksson we are a step ahead.

MacEwen will  get a shot in the year as well.

I agree.. like a modern day Semenko

Edited by Glug Datt
  • Upvote 3

5 hours ago, NUCKER67 said:

Why not both?  Could the Canucks possibly have a better team than the 2010 team? It sure looks like they'll be tougher to play against anyway.

Ferland - Pettersson - Boeser

Pearson - Horvat - J.T. Miller

Leivo - Gaudette - Virtanen

Roussel - Beagle - MacEwen

Motte

Edler - Myers

Hughes - Tanev

Benn - Stecher

Fantenberg

Markstrom

Demko

This.. zack can find a home on 3rd and as he develops further he could sub in top 6 as injuries happen.. unavoidable in a physical sport so it's cool we have 3rd line players with 2nd line talent that just need to hone their game at present..