The Official Site of the Vancouver Canucks
Canucks Community

(Trade) Lucic + Conditional 3rd to Calgary for Neal

Pears

1 minute ago, Silver Ghost said:

There has to a wink-nudge agreement in place for him to waive for the expansion draft. If not, their GM is a moron.

A wink and nudge is worthless though - if the player intends / agreed to waive, he agrees to waive at the point of the trade.   That doesn't appear to be the case.

Just now, oldnews said:

A wink and nudge is worthless though - if the player intends / agreed to waive, he agrees to waive at the point of the trade.   That doesn't appear to be the case.

It sounded like there might be some specific language in Lucic's contract around when he could be asked to waive for an expansion draft.

No idea where I read that or if if is even true and verifiable, but I hope for Calgary's sake something like that is the reason his nmc is still fully in effect. Otherwise, oh boy did they get screwed.

• Cheers 1

On 7/24/2019 at 8:35 PM, Silver Ghost said:

There has to a wink-nudge agreement in place for him to waive for the expansion draft. If not, their GM is a moron.

On 7/24/2019 at 8:42 PM, Silver Ghost said:

It sounded like there might be some specific language in Lucic's contract around when he could be asked to waive for an expansion draft.

No idea where I read that or if if is even true and verifiable, but I hope for Calgary's sake something like that is the reason his nmc is still fully in effect. Otherwise, oh boy did they get screwed.

Jimbo don't mess around with nudges and winks.  Miller's NTC didn't activate, Edler's contract ends by the ED, and Myers doesn't have to be protected either.

I like how a writer for Yahoo sports (Ryan Lambert)describes Trelivings trade for Lucic.

The trade is a fireable offence. He solved the hole he  accidently put in the dining room wall by driving a bulldozer through the side of the house. LOL

Edited by wildwood12
  • Haha 3

On 7/21/2019 at 9:48 AM, Kanukfanatic said:

The arms race in the west is real!!

Vegas is still in a cap crunch. The Canucks need to somehow dump Loui on Ottawa and then pry Reaves out of Vegas to "help" them out cap wise.

Then we can watch Reaves beat up Lucic all year!  ::D

This is really the icing we need on our current lineup for the regular season....

I watched the Sedins get worn down physically over their entire careers

...too many liberties on our most important players year after year.

Virtanen and Ferland are great... don't get me wrong.... but we need a guy who lives this role... and happens to be a pretty tough s.o.b

i'd rather lose Reaves to a fighting injury... than either of Virtanen/Ferland/Tryamkin/Podkolzin/

Myres...ect

great guys for making us harder to play against.... push back is great...

...but shouldnt have to be the first to answer the "bell" against a heavy

• Like 1

On 7/20/2019 at 6:29 AM, shiznak said:

Much like Kassian and Brodziak in Edmonton. Tkachuk and Backlund suits Lucic’s playing style, since none of them are particularly fast. The latter duo are way more talented than the one in Edmonton. So I can see Lucic’s production rebound from the previous two seasons. That’s if he gets to play with that duo.

Maybe with Frolik and Derek Grant?

Which is a great 3rd line. The other guys have speed & puck pursuit. He can just be a puck winner, head buster...

• 2 months later...
1 minute ago, Kanukfanatic said:

Holy crap!!

He had 7 goals last year. Now he has 5 goals 3 games into the season? lmao....I am headed to the Calgary board to read about all the suicides......haha

I just saw that too lol can't wait to hear how they spin this in Cowtown 

• Haha 1

I was listening to the Oilers game on radio. Neal scored 2 so I bumped this thread. By the time I found it bumped it he got the hat trick. So had to edit post.  

I knew he was going to have a good year. He had 2straight SCF runs before signing in CGY. That was a lot of hockey previous cpl years. 

Reports in summer talked about how hard he was training etc.

Neal could score 40 this year.  I was thinking 30 but the way he looks so far 40+ is doable.

• Upvote 1

4 hours ago, Trebreh said:

lol Neal has 6 goals in the season so far, and Lucic can barely skate. Treleving = overrated GM.

Lucic was brought in for toughness. 6 million dollar enforcer lol.

Edit I forgot the Oilers ate some cap..I believe 750k. Still a 5.25 million dollar enforcer for the next 4 years. Ouch.

They needed to get tougher but Lucic types can be had for under a million a year on short term contracts. 

Edited by Ryan Strome
  • Wat 1

5 hours ago, Kanukfanatic said:

Holy crap!!

He had 7 goals last year. Now he has 5 goals 3 games into the season? lmao....I am headed to the Calgary board to read about all the suicides......haha

5 hours ago, JamesBlondage said:

I just saw that too lol can't wait to hear how they spin this in Cowtown 

The thing is he was terrible in Calgary, he needed to go but Lucic as the return is retarded.