The Official Site of the Vancouver Canucks
Canucks Community

(Discussion) Canucks will win the cup once Bo Horvat becomes the true 3rd line center.

Rate this topic

jptony604

1 hour ago, nuck-lifer said:

Horvat and Monahan have been on a very similar path. I would still take Bo as he shows a better 200' game and ooozes leadership.

Monahan scored 82P as a 1st line center on a contender

I believe Horvat would have produced the same if he had Goudreau and Lindholm flanking him.

Instead he ran through probably 8 different wingers over last year, so with our new signings he could easily add 20-30% to his point total.

He is a very good 2nd Center that can easily slot into 1st line if Petey goes down.

If he is ever a 3rd line center we will be in serious cap trouble.. just sayin

It was well over 20 wingers, but yeah.

10 minutes ago, J-23 said:

Horvat plays with a bunch of bums, puts up 60+ points, takes 2000+ face-offs, beast on both ends of the ice, shuts down players. What more do people want from him...

The C

• Cheers 1
  • Upvote 2

6 hours ago, jptony604 said:

I love Bo Horvat as a player. He plays hard, goes to the tough areas and just what you need in the playoffs. But I think he lacks finesse and on a stacked NHL team I believe he would be an amazing third line center. As a tough to play against guy that can shut guys down and get points at the same time. We finally have a PMD we all been looking for in Hughes and a true number one center in Pettersson. Few more years under their belts I think they should be able to reach the levels I claim.

The best thing (that I think) can happen for this team is to miss the playoffs for one more year with all our vets healthy and actually playing. That way we can offload salaries like Sutter, Tanev, maybe Beagle maybe Pearson and maybe just maybe even Louie Eriksson and get something back in return (I know Louie won’t bring back any value) Maybe even pull off a trade involving Virtanen and Baer to bring in more high picks. Maybe we get lucky in the draft and we are able to draft a 1B type center and with Podkolzin, Hoglander and Madden coming I think once those types of puzzles start coming in place for this team then maybe we can win a cup. 

Do you believe that Horvat is a 1c or 2c for this team till the end for as long as he’s in his prime playing well the way he’s playing now. 

What do do you guys think? 

It used to be your number two center wS a guy who played the toughest matchup minutes, and took a lot of D zone starts, while killing penalties too, and putting up 60 points.  That number two center was vital to winning a Cup.  Bo is in the top five of these types of centers in the league!  Bo playing the role he does makes us a way better team.  

Bo has had a revolving door of wingers which = no time to create chemistry 

do u even watch the games? Hes more than a shutt down guy he has dangles and nice go-to inside out moves that only 5% of our team attempts he is a bonafide 2nd line center with great faceoff % goalscoring capabilities and great defensive attributes he is pretty much the total package through and through ...ur crazy 

maybe at 32 he will be a bottom 6 but definently not when hes approaching his prime 

• Upvote 1

1 hour ago, J-23 said:

Horvat plays with a bunch of bums, puts up 60+ points, takes 2000+ face-offs, beast on both ends of the ice, shuts down players. What more do people want from him...

Don't forget that he often 'carries the team on his back.'

Kind of sounds like this year's Conn Smythe/Selke winner.

• Upvote 1

4 hours ago, nuck-lifer said:

Horvat and Monahan have been on a very similar path. I would still take Bo as he shows a better 200' game and ooozes leadership.

Monahan scored 82P as a 1st line center on a contender

I believe Horvat would have produced the same if he had Goudreau and Lindholm flanking him.

Instead he ran through probably 8 different wingers over last year, so with our new signings he could easily add 20-30% to his point total.

He is a very good 2nd Center that can easily slot into 1st line if Petey goes down.

If he is ever a 3rd line center we will be in serious cap trouble.. just sayin

Monahan went invisible when it counted most - the playoffs ( Johnny Hockey whined ). I cringed when Monahan came onto the ice with no compete, just going through the motions or finding somewhere to hide.

I bet this whole room will agree Bo will raise his game come playoffs, he's mentally and physically built for that level of competition. Bo any day over Monahan!

Edited by 6string

1 hour ago, Topcheeze86 said:

do u even watch the games? Hes more than a shutt down guy he has dangles and nice go-to inside out moves that only 5% of our team attempts he is a bonafide 2nd line center with great faceoff % goalscoring capabilities and great defensive attributes he is pretty much the total package through and through ...ur crazy 

maybe at 32 he will be a bottom 6 but definently not when hes approaching his prime 

Ya not sure what OP is talking about, countless times last season where Bo pulled off some sexy toe drags and other dangles

9 hours ago, jptony604 said:

I love Bo Horvat as a player. He plays hard, goes to the tough areas and just what you need in the playoffs. But I think he lacks finesse and on a stacked NHL team I believe he would be an amazing third line center. As a tough to play against guy that can shut guys down and get points at the same time. We finally have a PMD we all been looking for in Hughes and a true number one center in Pettersson. Few more years under their belts I think they should be able to reach the levels I claim.

The best thing (that I think) can happen for this team is to miss the playoffs for one more year with all our vets healthy and actually playing. That way we can offload salaries like Sutter, Tanev, maybe Beagle maybe Pearson and maybe just maybe even Louie Eriksson and get something back in return (I know Louie won’t bring back any value) Maybe even pull off a trade involving Virtanen and Baer to bring in more high picks. Maybe we get lucky in the draft and we are able to draft a 1B type center and with Podkolzin, Hoglander and Madden coming I think once those types of puzzles start coming in place for this team then maybe we can win a cup. 

Do you believe that Horvat is a 1c or 2c for this team till the end for as long as he’s in his prime playing well the way he’s playing now. 

What do do you guys think? 

O'Reilly.

3 hours ago, J-23 said:

Nailed it.  Guess they want that but on the third line.

2 hours ago, Topcheeze86 said:

Yep.   Maybe even when he’s 34.  There’s not a team in the league that wouldn’t want him, he drives the bus completely on the second line, and for long periods he was making up for no Sutter and even EP for a bit.  Outside of Boeser he’s never played with decent players ... and beat the Sedins out as our top line C when they were almost done too...looked it up a while ago but from a pure production standpoint he was close to first like last year AND was playing with 3-5th (AHLers on deeper teams) liners...I’d bet he’d be top twenty if he had average first liners to play with, making him an above average one all things being equal now as he’s in his early prime.   He’s better every year, next year it wouldn’t shock me if he’s a 70 point second liner, making him one of the best in the NHL.

1 hour ago, 6string said:

Monahan went invisible when it counted most - the playoffs ( Johnny Hockey whined ). I cringed when Monahan came onto the ice with no compete, just going through the motions or finding somewhere to hide.

I bet this whole room will agree Bo will raise his game come playoffs, he's mentally and physically built for that level of competition. Bo any day over Monahan!

Yip, already has. Bo was damn near our best player against the Flames last time we were in the playoffs. As a 20 year old to boot.

• Upvote 1