The Official Site of the Vancouver Canucks
Canucks Community

Pavel Bure: A Rocket Through Time - I have created an 85-minute retrospective, montage-style film about Pavel Bure. It features over 300 goals and a plethora of other plays in addition to the voices of many commentators.

Rate this topic

TrickOfShapes

Probably broke some obscure copyright rules, but thanks for trying to remind fans, man he was easily THE BEST forward the Canucks ever had. Like I posted MacKinnon is close to the explosiveness.

Shot better than Boeser, stick handled better than Pettersson, skated better than Hughes, hit like a Russian tank and could drink like a Cossack and party like Van Halen.

100 goals a season in today's no hitting game easily.

Edited by ItTakesAnArmy
  • Upvote 4

He's the most offensively explosive Canuck of all time, no questions asked.  

We've had great players on this franchise, but Bure is just that extra step higher.  

When people talk greatest goal scorer of all time in NHL history, his name comes into play.  That tells you everything you need to know about how special Pavel Bure was.

In my mind, if you merge Connor McDavid and Alex Ovechkin, you get Pavel Bure.  How scary would a player of that calibre be in today's NHL!

Edited by HKSR
  • Upvote 1

Still is the greatest player to put on a Canuck Uni. Seeing those jerseys last night almost brought a tear to my eye coz Pavel (amongst some other legends) wore that jersey.. 

Cant wait to watch the video, thanks for all of your work. 

• Upvote 1

Admire your dedication to put this together - in the first twenty minutes I think I saw more breakaway goals then the entire league gets in a year or two.   Nobody was good like that.   Of the three (Mogilny-Federov-Bure) he was just one level higher and all those guys were incredible.  Ovis got a grip on top scorer in this era, but he relies on shot volume .... Bure was one of a kind.  Would have been nice to see what he could do in today’s era.   Too bad his knees went too - he was in his prime.

• Cheers 1

Bure was one hell of a talent, this is a really well done video, great work. On a side note does anyone else here feel that Nazzy is also another one of the biggest what if's? The Moore incident really did some damage and I think in a lot of ways mentally as well. Seeing how close he was to Bert and all the drama that unfolded in that unfortunate circumstance. I personally believe he could have really done a lot more .  

4 minutes ago, Silky mitts said:

Bure was one hell of a talent, this is a really well done video, great work. On a side note does anyone else here feel that Nazzy is also another one of the biggest what if's? The Moore incident really did some damage and I think in a lot of ways mentally as well. Seeing how close he was to Bert and all the drama that unfolded in that unfortunate circumstance. I personally believe he could have really done a lot more .  

Naslund had an elite  shot and was a great passer too - but rarely did some of the things Bure did with the puck in this video.  I’m sure it affected him (Moore incident) both with the injury he was dealing with and because Bertuzzi was a big part of that line.   Definitely a great player - and I do believe his stats suffered playing when he did - the same way Bures  did - he was in his prime in Florida and crushing it despite the interference and goalies equipment size and the butterfly in full vogue.   The incident torpedoed our playoff aspirations too.  Sucked for sure. 

• Upvote 1

4 minutes ago, IBatch said:

Naslund had an elite  shot and was a great passer too - but rarely did some of the things Bure did with the puck in this video.  I’m sure it affected him (Moore incident) both with the injury he was dealing with and because Bertuzzi was a big part of that line.   Definitely a great player - and I do believe his stats suffered playing when he did - the same way Bures  did - he was in his prime in Florida and crushing it despite the interference and goalies equipment size and the butterfly in full vogue.   The incident torpedoed our playoff aspirations too.  Sucked for sure. 

Oh of course Bure for sure is in another tier compared to Nazzy. 

• Cheers 1

1 hour ago, Silky mitts said:

Nah