The Official Site of the Vancouver Canucks
Canucks Community

[Article] 2022 Team Canada Olympic Team

Rate this topic

Iron Fist

10 hours ago, internationalhippy said:

Who got snubbed?

As much as I hate it, the rat Brad Marchand.  Can't imagine Marchand-Crosby-Bergeron not being reunited.  I think Brent Burns will still be good enough to make the team.  I'd take Pietrangelo over Hamilton/Ekblad/Parayko too.

Aside his lone Hart-winning season, I don't see what Hall is doing on the first line.  He'd be a bubble player at best for me.

• Like 1

1 hour ago, timberz21 said:

As much as I hate it, the rat Brad Marchand.  Can't imagine Marchand-Crosby-Bergeron not being reunited.  I think Brent Burns will still be good enough to make the team.  I'd take Pietrangelo over Hamilton/Ekblad/Parayko too.

Aside his lone Hart-winning season, I don't see what Hall is doing on the first line.  He'd be a bubble player at best for me.

No thanks to Marchand would rather have Stamkos, definitly Petriangelo over Morrissey as well. 

• Wat 1

On 11/19/2019 at 2:31 AM, Darkstar said:

No defensive core will ever touch the 2010 Canada team (Niedermayer, Pronger, Weber, Doughty, Keith, Boyle, Seabrook). This is a stacked line-up on offense though. 

An excellent defensive core, no doubt, but what about the 2002 Olympic team in Salt Lake City? 

A younger Niedermayer and Pronger, along with Al Macinnis, Rob Blake, Ed Jovanovski and Adam Foote. 

That's a pretty formidable defensive core as well. 

On 11/21/2019 at 8:33 AM, Baer. said:

No Lafreniere?

He hasn't even played a NHL game yet. Also keep in mind that this is not the actual team but just a team that some guy made. Lafreniere might be named if he enters the NHL and plays better than some of the other players but considering how many choices Team Canada has for the Olympics, I doubt he makes it. 

On 11/19/2019 at 9:19 AM, SergioMomesso said:

They ain't going so why bother?

The article says there is chance that they actually happen. Here's what it says 

With the NHLPA making it clear they want their players back in the Olympics in 2022, and the NHL identifying China as an important market, it is reasonable to hope the best players in the world will be representing their countries in Beijing. So, if we can sensibly project a best-on-best tournament, it only makes sense to project rosters.

https://neutralzonetrap.net/2019/09/17/the-all-too-early-2022-team-canada-olympic-team-prediction/

No defensive core will ever touch the 2010 Canada team (Niedermayer, Pronger, Weber, Doughty, Keith, Boyle, Seabrook). This is a stacked line-up on offense though. 

I totally agree. The defense on this this guys team prediction looks really weak when compared to 2002, 2010 and 2014. 

Like just look at the defense on this prediction 

image.png.3fa16a622b1146c76b35870bffdcded3.png

Surely we can do better than that. Should have Pietrangelo at the very least, guy is a beast offensively and defensibly. Rielly doesn't belong there as he is terrible defensibly. 

thats like four hall of famers, thought people said the 2014 defense was better

18 hours ago, Unknown1995 said:

He hasn't even played a NHL game yet. Also keep in mind that this is not the actual team but just a team that some guy made. Lafreniere might be named if he enters the NHL and plays better than some of the other players but considering how many choices Team Canada has for the Olympics, I doubt he makes it. 

The article says there is chance that they actually happen. Here's what it says 

I totally agree. The defense on this this guys team prediction looks really weak when compared to 2002, 2010 and 2014. 

Like just look at the defense on this prediction 

image.png.3fa16a622b1146c76b35870bffdcded3.png

Surely we can do better than that. Should have Pietrangelo at the very least, guy is a beast offensively and defensibly. Rielly doesn't belong there as he is terrible defensibly. 

He will be 20 years old in 2022... Putting up McDavid tier numbers right now. I could see him make it over a guy like Couturier. I don't see Couturier making the team. Just putting his name out there for fun. What if he gets 90 points in his sophomore? I think you look at him.

• 3 weeks later...