The Official Site of the Vancouver Canucks
Canucks Community

[Report] Robert Bortuzzo suspended 4 games

Rate this topic

18 minutes ago, StealthNuck said:

The NHL is really giving the impression that it doesn't give a %*(! about player safety.

The league handing out s suspension only satisfies the team that had a player injured in the playoffs.  A guy takes out Arvidsson and gets four games, but the Preds don’t see the Blues until after the suspension.  The suspension in no way helps the Preds.  In fact the suspension helps the teams the Blues are playing next.  This is exactly why players need the freedom to police for their own teams.  Do away with the instigator rule, and let the boppers do some face punching.  Get revenge during the game in which your own player was hurt.  

• Like 1

20 minutes ago, ChuckNORRIS4Cup said:

I was just thinking if this had happened to say like Pettersson and he was then out for 4-6 weeks and then you find out the guy only got 4 games for it, I'd be pissed.

yep then walk over to the other teams best player and do a burtuzzo you only get four games right ?

I think he should be removed from the NHL. He was clearly trying to injure the other player. If this was a regular place of work that kind of maliciousness would never be tolerated. Someone who lashes out like that over a penalty call doesn't deserve to play hockey.

Edited by taskicon

This play pisses me off because it reminds me of the cross check that Boychuk put on Mason Raymond.  

On a sidenote, completely unrelated to this suspension, I've noticed in every game involving Nashville that they're diving and embelishing a lot this season.  

4 games is about right, could've even been 5.  The reason that you can't suspend based on the injury is that if Elias injures someone like a 7th defenseman on the Flames, it would be in their best interest to keep that d-man out as long as possible.  Especially more so in playoffs.