The Official Site of the Vancouver Canucks
Canucks Community

[GDT] Sens @ Nucks 03/12/2019 7PM PST - Alex Burrows Ring of Honour Night - Live on SNP

Rate this topic

xereau

Congrats. to Burrows. While there were a few attributes I disliked, I always appreciated watching his complete level and will never forget the clutch plays.

Fun that the team gets to honour Alex in front of his last NHL team. 

GCG

Edited by NHTyrany

40 minutes ago, Squamfan said:

ahh the good side of Kesler, still one of my favorites even after it all crumbled. This last era of Canucks had a lot of heart. with Bieksa, Burrows, Kesler, Rypien on a young up and coming team thats some fun hockey to watch. I remember watching Raymond and Jaffray come in at the same time and rooting hard for Jaffray actually due to watching him play in Cranbrook as a kid on the kootenay Ice. so many memories during what will forever be the Sedin Era. Happy my two sons are here just in time to watch the next era begin. Cheers boys heres to good game tonight, Im sure they'll show up tenfold for this one.

• Cheers 1

2 hours ago, Nuxfanabroad said:

Gaudette's reply^ alerted me to this earlier post. So glad you chimed in on this, Rekker. Bet it's the vibe/sentiment for 99.9% of Van fans.

So tired of this mealy-mouthed, ingratiating, self-serving attn-wh*re. Who the hell has time for his oblivious monologues? How the hell did this schmoe last so long on the boob tube anyways?

There's the door, MacLean. Shoulda' walked out with yer pal, (if the guy had even a shred of dignity remaining).

Your music to my ears buddy. Lost all respect for Mclean since his comments on Burrows. Shot daggers at my TV with his half fast attempt at an apology. Honestly, if I ever met him I would call him on the crap he pulled on Burr. Mclean is a know it all, smarmy, weasel. 

• Cheers 1
  • Upvote 2

14 minutes ago, PhillipBlunt said:

Edler has been placed on the IR. Awesome. 

As long as it's not LTIR.  Beagle was put back on IR last week, I think it's just 7 days of inactivity for IR and they don't play again until Saturday.

• Upvote 1

5 minutes ago, rekker said:

Your music to my ears buddy. Lost all respect for Mclean since his comments on Burrows. Shot daggers at my TV with his half fast attempt at an apology. Honestly, if I ever met him I would call him on the crap he pulled on Burr. Mclean is a know it all, smarmy, weasel. 

Just in case you didn't know, at the end of the segment that got Cherry canned, Wrong MacLame not only gave him a thumbs up, but he said that he could not agree more.

And then he stabbed the man in the back. The guy is a spineless weasel!

• Cheers 2
  • Upvote 2

42 minutes ago, KelownaCanucksFan said:

Time to make the yearly pilgrimage to the legendary clutch bashing thread 

The irony of the op's name is delicious.  That thread should be forever pinned and we can explain it to new members and new fans for the rest of time.

The man the myth the legend the ring the honour. 

Alex Burrows, tell Kelly I said Hi.

• Upvote 1