The Official Site of the Vancouver Canucks
Canucks Community

U.S. air strike kills top Iranian military general and Iraqi commander at Baghdad’s international airport

nuckin_futz

14 hours ago, *Buzzsaw* said:

You are just showing how ignorant you are by suggesting a link between Sunnis and Shias.

All the Islamic terrorists groups you show in the map of US who have actually done anything are SUNNI muslim... Iran is Shia.  Sunnis hate Shias... in Afghanistan the Sunni Taliban/ISIS regularly massacre Shias.

Conflating Sunni Terrorists with Shias is just stupid... they have zero connection.  There have been no overt terrorist acts in the US linked to Shias.

Sunni Muslims originate from Saudi Arabia, not Iran. 

Sunnis are Al Quaeda/ISIS/Taliban/etc... the ones who attack the US in 911 and all over Europe.  That fundamentalist Sunni group originates in Saudi Arabia.

Shias are Hezbollah/Iran.  They are fighting Al Quaeda/ISIS/Taliban.  They are also fighting Israel... for good reason, Israel regularly invades/bombs Lebanon where Hezbollah is based and where Shias are the largest ethnic group.  Iran supports Syrian government because of the Alawite Shia population there who were being massacred by ISIS Syrians.  Yeah, the Syrian government is a nasty bunch, but so are the Rebels which are mostly either ISIS or Al Quaeda.

You're showing how ignorant you are of the topic at hand by employing a red-herring argument to misrepresent my post.  The clear intent of my post was to show the length of terrorist arm of Iran and the war they conduct through their proxies like Hamas, Islamic Jihad, Hezbollah etc (as can be seen on the attached maps). My post was not in any way conflating Shias with Sunni's or suggesting that ALL Islamic terrorist groups are affiliated or associated with Iran.

11 hours ago, SabreFan1 said:

Read it again.

The US is threatening economic sanctions which could decimate the already fragile Iraqi economy.  The US isn't asking for money.  Iraq is poor enough as it is and already counts on aid as it is to supplement it's oil income. 

So again.

The US is threatening a nation for/with money if they don't get what they want.

• Like 1

9 hours ago, Ryan Strome said:

I don't disagree. 

Wrong. I just don't think you followed this stuff till 2016.

Well if any country should be bombed it's Saudia Arabia and the US well it has murdered millions of innocent people in needless wars so they pretty much deserve the same. That being said with the deep cuts to our armed forces started by PET hoping for a US military demise would spell big trouble for Canada.

Those cuts started with deifenbakker.  Period.

He sold the navy and shipbuilding post WW2 and aeronautics programs to the us.

• Like 1

9 hours ago, SabreFan1 said:

I want Trump voted out of office, but the only thing unusual that he did by killing the Iranian general was not the way it was done, but the location.

It was only less than a decade ago that NATO dropped bombs into Libya and aided rebels who chased down Gaddafi and sodomized him with what was likely a knife before finally killing him.  Guess who was president then.  It may have been under the auspices of NATO, but NATO doesn't break wind without heavy US participation and presidential permission.

Outside the fact Libya at the time was a cluster**** as a result of the Arab spring events with major uprisings occurring throughout that country....where Obama really eff’d up was having no real plan about what to do afterwards.  Don’t do something without an exit strategy.  

Edited by NewbieCanuckFan

Mar-a-Lago in the firing line: Iranian presidential adviser posts list of Donald Trump's properties in chilling hint of an attack on his real estate empire - after Iran put an $80million bounty on his head

https://www.dailymail.co.uk/news/article-7856463/Iranian-adviser-drops-chilling-hint-attacks-Trump-properties.html

Scary times...you know what any attack on US soil would result in.

Could just be an attack on Trump's pockets by scaring away people from staying at Trump properties, at least I hope. 

Edited by Duodenum

2 hours ago, Boudrias said:

What is going on both in Iraq and the USA after killing this terrorist is political posturing.

Of course it is.  The majority wants the US to go so it can take control of Iraq and exterminate their rivals and this recent move gave them a perfect excuse to ask the US to leave so it could try.

The Americans leave Iraq and they descend into another civil war.

Yep.  The majority will likely wipe out the 2 minorities pretty quickly especially if Iran helps them.

The Dems are desperate for any angle that puts them back into the White House.

As are the Republicans to keep the White House.

They are losing on most fronts right now and Trump really hasn't started his campaign.

They aren't losing per say, they just haven't started gaining any momentum.  It hasn't helped them that Bloomberg has entered and is peeling votes away from other candidates, especially Biden.

When they lose control of the narrative their radical views surface. 

They've been moving further left for a few years now just as the republicans moved to the extreme right when Obama was in office.

• Upvote 1

1 hour ago, Warhippy said:

So again.

The US is threatening a nation for/with money if they don't get what they want.

for and with are 2 very different things.  For money is called extortion and is a crime.  With money is poltical and the US federal gov't even does that with it's own states.

The US isn't obligated to provide for Iraq's economy indefinitely.

34 minutes ago, NewbieCanuckFan said:

Outside the fact Libya at the time was a cluster**** as a result of the Arab spring events with major uprisings occurring throughout that country....where Obama really eff’d up was having no real plan about what to do afterwards.  Don’t do something without an exit strategy.  

Sure Libya became a cluster.  The US sanctions and political maneuverings finally took a toll and enough Libyans finally wanted Gaddafi out of power enough to do something about it.  It still doesn't change the fact that Obama was pulling the strings for 3 years before as well as during and after that clusterf**k of an operation.

31 minutes ago, SabreFan1 said:

for and with are 2 very different things.  For money is called extortion and is a crime.  With money is poltical and the US federal gov't even does that with it's own states.

The US isn't obligated to provide for Iraq's economy indefinitely.

obligated to remain an occupying force after bombing the country for 2 decades? A re they obligated threaten a sovereign nation?  If I recall the US res is uner fire for effectively blackmailing and doing a similar thing with the Ukraine.

19 hours ago, nuckin_futz said:

I don't think this is actually from the Iranian government but does go to show the level of rhetoric going around. Doubtful Trump will simply laugh this one off.

Weekend bounty hunter news - Iran offers $80m for the head of US President Trump

Is there a gofundme site set up for contributions?

Asking for a friend

:ph34r:

• Haha 1

57 minutes ago, Warhippy said:

obligated to remain an occupying force after bombing the country for 2 decades? A re they obligated threaten a sovereign nation?

No.  If it were up to me, the US would have left Iraq after Saddam Hussein was executed and let Iraq have their civil war then.  Or better yet, taken the issue of Iraqi sovereignty to the UN and let the rest of the world split the country into 3 parts with each major religious faction getting their own territory to form their own nation.

If I recall the US res is uner fire for effectively blackmailing and doing a similar thing with the Ukraine.

What word is the bolded meant to be?  I can't tell if it's a typo or just a shortened version of a word that I'm not getting.

1 hour ago, Duodenum said:

Mar-a-Lago in the firing line: Iranian presidential adviser posts list of Donald Trump's properties in chilling hint of an attack on his real estate empire - after Iran put an $80million bounty on his head

https://www.dailymail.co.uk/news/article-7856463/Iranian-adviser-drops-chilling-hint-attacks-Trump-properties.html

Could just be an attack on Trump's pockets by scaring away people from staying at Trump properties, at least I hope. 

Isn’t one of our highest buildings in Vancouver a part of Trump property? Don’t think we would be at the top of the list of targets but a target nevertheless. 

3 hours ago, Warhippy said:

Those cuts started with deifenbakker.  Period.

He sold the navy and shipbuilding post WW2 and aeronautics programs to the us.

You are correct the cuts did start after World War II but the deep deep Cuts started under pet that is not even debatable I've posted the CBC videos from the 70s that explain just that and I will do so again if you would like.

So your first sentence is incorrect 

Edited by Ryan Strome

3 hours ago, SabreFan1 said:

Sure Libya became a cluster.  The US sanctions and political maneuverings finally took a toll and enough Libyans finally wanted Gaddafi out of power enough to do something about it.  It still doesn't change the fact that Obama was pulling the strings for 3 years before as well as during and after that clusterf**k of an operation.

Should've done what you guys (eg. CIA) did in 1953 Iran.  Take out the democratically elected government in Iran and install a stooge who'll 'follow orders' (probably a good reason the Iranians don't think much of you guys today...).  Not saying remotely it was the right thing to do but if "in for a penny in for a pound". 

3 hours ago, Duodenum said:

I think someone else already mentioned this but Tehran is very smart in not vilifying the entirety of the US (most of whom didn't support the strike, outside of Trump nuthuggers), and instead seeing the situation for what it is. An unhinged, narcissistic moron of a president making uninformed and short-sighted decisions purely to serve his own interests.