The Official Site of the Vancouver Canucks
Canucks Community

[PGT] Arizona Coyotes at Vancouver Canucks | Jan. 16, 2020

Rate this topic

-Vintage Canuck-

23 minutes ago, bree2 said:

Jake scored a goal, ok great, but there was no incredible chemistry, Petey was not great and neither was Miller. Bo's line was good and Ericksson had a good game

How the F can you have incredible chemistry on a line when JV just started playing on it????  Dude, be realistic... and they need a bigger body on that line and if Miller can spread out the scoring on another line that could use the help why wouldn't you do that?

• Upvote 1

9 hours ago, kingfreako said:

Vancouver Canucks have the highest success rate playing against a team with an empty net:

Empty net performance during season 2019
Team Scored Allowed Count Succ. rate ▾
VANCOUVER CANUCKS 7 0 13 0.538
CAROLINA HURRICANES 13 2 21 0.524
TORONTO MAPLE LEAFS 9 1 17 0.471
WASHINGTON CAPITALS 11 2 20 0.450
PITTSBURGH PENGUINS 10 3 17 0.412
ST. LOUIS BLUES 10 2 22 0.364
NEW YORK RANGERS 6 1 14 0.357
CALGARY FLAMES 5 1 14 0.286
CHICAGO BLACKHAWKS 8 4 14 0.286
FLORIDA PANTHERS 7 3 15 0.267
ARIZONA COYOTES 11 5 23 0.261
NEW JERSEY DEVILS 5 1 16 0.250
DALLAS STARS 6 2 16 0.250
MONTREAL CANADIENS 5 2 13 0.231
BOSTON BRUINS 9 4 22 0.227
DETROIT RED WINGS 6 3 14 0.214
EDMONTON OILERS 5 2 17 0.176
PHILADELPHIA FLYERS 4 2 12 0.167
OTTAWA SENATORS 5 3 12 0.167
VEGAS GOLDEN KNIGHTS 4 2 13 0.154
NASHVILLE PREDATORS 8 5 20 0.150
MINNESOTA WILD 8 5 21 0.143
BUFFALO SABRES 6 4 16 0.125
COLORADO AVALANCHE 7 5 22 0.091
ANAHEIM DUCKS 4 3 13 0.077
WINNIPEG JETS 6 5 17 0.059
NEW YORK ISLANDERS 5 4 18 0.056
SAN JOSE SHARKS 6 6 21 0
COLUMBUS BLUE JACKETS 7 7 19 0
TAMPA BAY LIGHTNING 4 5 19 -0.053
LOS ANGELES KINGS 4 5 19 -0.053

People mock scoring EN goals (especially LE) and make them sound like a piece of cake. How quickly did they forget that it wasn't long ago that we could barely convert EN goals. We are showing that we can bury games and thus finishing them in regulation as well, which in turn is lesser mileage to not get forced into OT situations. We are defending leads in close games (need to have the same mentality when we have bigger leads and not get too confident) and making sure the games are out of reach. This has been led by our captain, a hard working winger in Pearson and a player fighting for his life in LE. Not saying LE is the sole reason, but this line has been much more dependable in many situations since he's been added to it. Have to give credit where it's due.

Edited by theo5789
  • Cheers 4

43 minutes ago, iceman64 said:

How the F can you have incredible chemistry on a line when JV just started playing on it????  Dude, be realistic... and they need a bigger body on that line and if Miller can spread out the scoring on another line that could use the help why wouldn't you do that?

first of all I am not a DUDE and second  no need to swear. I don't like Jake on the first line and I wasn't the one saying they had " incredible chemistry" someone else said it and I am allowed to have that opinion. have a great day!

• Wat 1
  • Upvote 1

2 minutes ago, bree2 said:

first of all I am not a DUDE and second  no need to swear. I don't like Jake on the first line and I wasn't the one saying they had " incredible chemistry" someone else said it and I am allowed to have that opinion. have a great day!

Expecting great chemistry in 1 game is foolish at best wadr...

• Upvote 1

42 minutes ago, Silent Man said:

Last season after 48 games Canucks had 48 points with goal differention -13

This season- 56 points (+16.67%) with goal differential +10. 20 more goals scored (+14.50%).

But just 3 goals less allowed.

We can thank both Florida teams for that.

14 goals in two games tends to hurt the old goals against.

• Upvote 1

4 hours ago, Canuckster86 said:

Wonder when/if any contract extension talks start...What type of term and contract should we give him? I would go longer term and bet on him, seems to have turned a corner this season

Bridge deal IMO

3 years x 3.5 mil

10 hours ago, DownUndaCanuck said:

These 4 Pacific teams are stacking up tighter than I can ever remember, going to be a wild finish to the season and crazy intense 1st round. If we can get 1st or 2nd in the division and home ice, who knows we might sneak into the 2nd or 3rd round at this rate...

Going to be some huge games against the Alberta teams later in the season...

We are done with the Oilers for the regular season and we have 2 games left versus Calgary, We do however still have three games left against Arizona, 2 Colorado, 2 Vegas, 2 Boston. The games dont get any easier and we finish the regular season in April against Vegas and Arizona. One thing thats for sure is if we keep playing well, Vegas and Arizona fans will be worried about finishing the season against Vancouver.

Having Jake on the top line, LE on the 2nd and Sutter on the 4th improved our ability to maintain pressure in the O zone greatly. A much more balanced attack.

TG has been actively making improvements and the defensive coverage looks improved as well. I had my doubts on TG's ability but I now see his method to his madness.:lol:

I have been asking for Jake to be given more responsibility and it has payed off almost immediately. Just think what they can do once they actually get some chemistry together. I see a line similar to the WCE forming but BETTER! 

I actually thought LE had lost his confidence and could not bounce back but boy was I wrong. That was the best game I have seen him play in a long time. That one timer he did showed he has gotten back some confidence. I owe an apology to TG, good call on putting LE with Bo.

Barring any further injuries, I see these guys only getting better and better here on out. GCG!!

• Upvote 1

32 minutes ago, bree2 said:

Yes you are allowed but if you want to be realistic, Chem takes awhile and putting JV on top line is good for him ms Bree.. he needs it, the more confidence he has the better, it's trickle down affect can't help but help spreading out our team.. can't be relying on one line to produce when the opposing team puts their top shutdown line against.

So now JT can be on the 2nd line and makes it more lethal, especially since Bo needs as much help as he can get so he can produce.. see how that works girl?

12 hours ago, hobart16 said:

Like that lineup. Boeser was very good on his line, Sutter very good on his line. Louis is doing ok and that line is totally reliable.  Virtanen doesn't have to carry the puck as much on the first line and can finish plays rather than start/create them. Plus he adds some rock em sock em to that line. If canucks get Roussel and Beagle going a bit better we will be scary. 

Only beef for me was Fantenberg struggling again in sheltered minutes. We may need to give Rafferty a chance. Anybody see Raffs goal from last night. Looked like Bobby Orr. 

Fantenberg is playing the left side.  Rafferty plays the right.

• Upvote 1

42 minutes ago, DeNiro said:

We can thank both Florida teams for that.

14 goals in two games tends to hurt the old goals against.

Probably should thank LA and Detroit for allowing us to bump up our goals for this season. In the end the crazy games seem to have balanced out for us either way and we are still coming out on top.

1 hour ago, bree2 said:

Some of your takes are pretty hard to read. Almost every time I read one of your posts you’re trying to downplay Jake. Sorry but that like with Jake is far better defensively, physically, in the neutral zone and on the forecheck. They’ve barely played together so not sure what kind of chemistry you’re expecting, and if you actually payed attention to the game last night you’d see that Brock actually carried the puck and was actually shooting and creating chances himself, something that’s rarely been seen since his rookie season. 

• Upvote 2