The Official Site of the Vancouver Canucks
Canucks Community

[GDT] All Star Weekend - Jan 24/25 2020 - Pettersson, Hughes, and Markstrom edition

Rate this topic

xereau

Just now, peaches5 said:

If they are playing at Rogers Arena or an arena of that size the tickets will not be cheaper than 15 dollars. Warriors tickets are 20 bucks on Ticketmaster. If they play in like a junior team arena then yea the tickets would be cheaper.

If it is at rogers with $15 tickets, it just won't sell.  It's another catch 22 for their league.  They need to be in huge cities with existing NHL fan bases, but need tiny cozy arenas, with low operating costs. 

5 minutes ago, Down by the River said:

No, they're not. If someone thinks they are being forced to watch this, then I'd say they have a weak/victim's mentality. 

Funny, I was going to say how easy it would be say that you don't have to watch it, but.... 

I am here to watch NHLs best players show their skills, I don't want to miss any of that. I don't have cable so I can't change the channel, so I'm having to watch this So I don't miss what I want to see

Just now, peaches5 said:

If they are playing at Rogers Arena or an arena of that size the tickets will not be cheaper than 15 dollars. Warriors tickets are 20 bucks on Ticketmaster. If they play in like a junior team arena then yea the tickets would be cheaper.

How is that a viable business then?

15 bucks a ticket? You know they won’t fill a building. I doubt they could draw more than the WHL and they’d have to travel far and wide.

Ludicrous idea, a viable women’s league, IMO.

The weekend event is showcasing them. That’s some serious support and yet still no real interest. Oh, but the kids (girls) lol ya, sure, it’s about minor hockey and the game, not money, right, Ladies? 

Just now, 189lb enforcers? said:

How is that a viable business then?

15 bucks a ticket? You know they won’t fill a building. I doubt they could draw more than the WHL and they’d have to travel far and wide.

Ludicrous idea, a viable women’s league, IMO.

The weekend event is showcasing them. That’s some serious support and yet still no real interest. Oh, but the kids (girls) lol ya, sure, it’s about minor hockey and the game, not money, right, Ladies? 

That's why the last women's pro hockey league folded. There was no interest. Couldn't compete against the AHL, WHL, or even the QMJHL. I'm not saying women shouldnt play hockey, they absolutely should - I'm just saying it's not viable for a national league, they tried, it failed very badly

• Upvote 1

7 minutes ago, Davathor said:

According to reddit, neo nazis are everywhere. In fact if you dont have a shrine to Greta Thunberg you are probably one

Well that's terrible news, are the neo Nazis like the other Nazis? Personally I hate everyone equal, and this so called Greta person is no different. What does that make me?