The Official Site of the Vancouver Canucks
Canucks Community

[GDT] Nucks @ Bruins - Feb 04 2020 - 4pm Pacific - SNET

Rate this topic

xereau

1 minute ago, PhillipBlunt said:

It’s posts like this that help me realize that you really need to stick your tongue in a electrical socket. 

And Bruins fans are better? Calling Joel Ward racial slurs? Great input. 

You're quite the aggressive dude aren't you? Must be a lot of fun to be around 

• Wat 1
  • Upvote 1

So just clarifying if you're making a "zone entry" with one foot and are holding the puck with a player offside it's legit as long as you wait for the player to tag up before you touch it again?

Theoretically you could dump it in with a player 4-5 seconds offside then a forchecker entering hitting the guy waiting for the blatantly offside player to tag up and then taking it to the net?

2 minutes ago, stawns said:

I thought so too until Shorty explained it.  The puck isn't touched by McAvoy until after the other Bruin touches the blueline.  That's a tag up

Sorry I just don't see that. That's an automatic offside, because he never loses possession. tapping the puck 1 foot ahead of himself does not mean he lost possession.

• Cheers 3

5 minutes ago, DIBdaQUIB said:

Cam Talbot sacrificed as himself in a fight because it was the right thing to do.  Do we have    no one that will step up when our best player is targeted?  Must be the water in vancouver as this team hasn't has.never had a pack mentality when it comes to looking after eachother.

No clue, DIb. It’s pathetic. I’m thinking Green neuters his bench when it comes to truculence. There’s been numerous incidents where most coaches would make sure that the opposing team got a taste of their own medicine. Green seemingly isn’t into that. 

• Cheers 2

1 minute ago, Lulover88 said:

you and carolyne can f&%ck yourselves 

Funny how the commentators acted like it was obvious.

Guarantee they thought it was offside after the replay.

Im okay with it counting if that’s the way they want the rule to be called. However now they better keep it consistent. If possession means actually touching it when it crosses it has to be that way every time.

1 minute ago, oldnews said:

Complete nonsense Armstrong.

Coyle touched the puck - had the puck - moved it to himself from outside to inside the blueline.   Simpy because it isn't glued to his stick is irrelevent.

it's a tag up ON...........once Shorty said that ot made perfect sense.  I didn't think about it from that perspective until I heard him say it.  It was split second, but no different than a dump in and tag up

It’s pretty technical. Since the puck wasn’t on his stick it wasn’t offside. 

he has to be legitimately touching it. 

Hence the offside player was able to tag up since the player in possession didn’t touch the puck as it was being brought back in. 

1 minute ago, bishopshodan said:

I still don't get it.

He had the puck out of the zone and brought it in before his team mate got out of the zone. Just cause he wasn't touching it at the time, he just had, he had possession.

Offside.

It starts off offside, but McAvoy doesn't touch it till Kuraly comes back over the line. So it's like having someone shoot the puck in while someone is still in the zone but them coming back out before anyone else goes in to touch the puck.