The Official Site of the Vancouver Canucks
Canucks Community

[PGT] Vancouver Canucks at Boston Bruins | Feb. 04, 2020

Rate this topic

-Vintage Canuck-

6 minutes ago, Ronning4center said:

Fair enough....but i remember clearly when Daniel Sedin got rocked by Kadri and a 31 year old Janick Hansen skated as fast as he could to fight Kadri....Didnt even hesitate.

Im sorry but Bo should have gone up to that guy first shift and challenged him.  I watch alot of hockey and this is the norm for any other team.  

Why is that bos job?

4 minutes ago, 73 Percent said:

Why is that bos job?

I'm not saying its his alone.  No body else stepped up and he's the Captain, the leader of our team.  If your boss goes out 

and takes one for the team you damn sure better follow suit if you want to keep your job. Am I wrong?

• Cheers 3

tupac shakur 2pac GIF

My message to canucks when they play soft and have no answer physically to a player that takes a run at our star players.

Rousell was paid good money for a situation like this and does absolutely NOTHIN!

Does he think hes a goal scorer now? Stay in your f'n lane and do your job.

Thrs a few guys on our team that could have laid it on thick but do absolutely nothing. 

This is common issue and will be a major problem if we get to the playoffs.

• Upvote 3

25 minutes ago, Ronning4center said:

embarrassed. 

Bloody pitiful

Makes it worse aganst BOS. Shades of Marchand using Daniel's head like a speed bag. No pushback. BOS has swagger, they have had this for years and years. It's part of the Bruins culture, from the top management down to the coaching staff, down to the players. They hit more, they're faster, they shoot more, they score more, and they have really good D. The Canucks aren't there yet, despite their good record so far. They lack a certain something, is it a lack of passion from their captain? Do they really have a pack mentality? I'm not sure, but do the Canucks allow more shots against than any other team? They seem to give up 40 a game. Poor D IMO. They need an upgrade on Stecher. Would love to sign Big Buf. That is the swagger they need to compete in the playoffs.

• Upvote 2

Green is such an idiot. He complains to the media after the fact but has the whole game to get some sort of retribution. After the second goal, the game was basically over and the focus should've shifted to dumping it in Grzelcyk's corner every time and hurting him. 

Virtanen tried but he can't do it all. What's the point of our fourth line? Roussel? Captain Horvat, hello??? God this this team is so sad to watch sometimes. 

• Wat 1
  • Upvote 2

There is more than one way to get even when the ref misses a call. I remember a rugby game I was in, when our start player got tackled late, and no call made. A few minutes later, he deked the guy out and ran in a try. On his way back to centre he went by that guy, showing him that that is the way to get back at someone legally. You must understand that there is no fighting in rugby. (Lots of pushing and shoving, swinging of handbags, underhanded stuff. But no lets "drop the gloves" and go it type of fighting). Red cards mean you're out for the whole game, AND your team plays short a man for the rest of the game.  In hockey, a good, clean hit, a goal or a beautiful set up evens things up.

• Upvote 1

7 minutes ago, Seinfeld said:

Green is such an idiot. He complains to the media after the fact but has the whole game to get some sort of retribution. After the second goal, the game was basically over and the focus should've shifted to dumping it in Grzelcyk's corner every time and hurting him. 

Virtanen tried but he can't do it all. What's the point of our fourth line? Roussel? Captain Horvat, hello??? God this this team is so sad to watch sometimes. 

I was at home watchin the game...what u want me to do???master p come on man GIF

With Benning being a former Bruin A/GM, I hope he realizes what the Canucks are missing. Will Tryamkin make a difference if he comes here? I guess that would depend on Green's marching orders. What is his message to the players? "You're all on your own out there, keep your heads up." ??

• Upvote 1

5 hours ago, canuck2288 said:

Do you play or have you ever played? Do you touch the puck as you are stuck handling 100 percent of the time? Think about it 

you still have control but not constantly making contact between stick and puck. So now they have to zoom in not only on a players skates but also the stick to see if the puck is a mm of the stick at the point of entry 

No. All they have to do is use your eyes and see if he touched the puck or not. It's the same as a delayed offside.

I’m sorry but this team is going to be absolutely decimated in the playoffs if we don’t start playing aggressive. I don’t know if It’s the players or the coaches, but we need to grow a set and start pushing back. Rather than playing a “safe” style of hockey, go out and start &^@#ing hitting and shooting the puck. Boston is the perfect example of a well balanced, overall good team. The big bad bruins once again walked all over us and we did nothing to respond. Need more from our captain too. He shows no emotion other than when he coughs up the puck trying to McDangle through the slot. 

• Cheers 1
  • Upvote 1

Im very much with what green says on this one. Thats a late hit, and not a time when u expect a hit. Elias is already looking over his shoulder looking for the puck when he gets hit. Point being is partly those hits occur constantly, u cant relax. At the same time Petey always attracts attention, but at moments he gets contact hes been prepared and therefore can brace himself. Its an "unnecessary" late hit. The kind of hits id expect to see in a playoff game and get away with it but not during a regular season. A consistent afficiating is preferred but i think with that hit it set a lower level from the refs and i think that hit and the aftermath of that, changed the game to Bruins advantage.

1 hour ago, Ronning4center said:

I'm not saying its his alone.  No body else stepped up and he's the Captain, the leader of our team.  If your boss goes out 

and takes one for the team you damn sure better follow suit if you want to keep your job. Am I wrong?

100 percent correct, this team is not going anywhere in the playoffs without someone who plays like Ferland was supposed to play, not his fault. They also need to understand the concept of team toughness. There are players who will be available at the deadline who can at least make the other team think twice about running our skilled players. 

18 minutes ago, SergioMomesso said:

What's the point of complaining to the press about Petey's late hit? Why not take care of it during the game and then tell the press why Grzlyk is stretchered off the ice? Enough is enough. Petey will want out if nobody is gonna have his back. And I don't blame him. 

If I was his dad, I would say- son, get the hell out of there. Sing with a team that wants to protect you.

Absolutely disgusted with the refereeing in this game...

Canucks were second best, and would have lost even if the referees had helped them out, but I can not believe this bush league sh!t is accepted...

The goal was clearly offside (having to listen to the Boston feed was hard enough for starters), please somebody explain to me what the point is having video referee, when the ordinary viewers have better angles or views that they do? Or do they just try to stay alive in TD garden..

Secondly, and more importantly, the Petey hit.... :angry:, make me so flipping mad.

Rome got 4 games suspension in the SC final for a hit that was a second late, yet one of the brightest talents in the league can be hit free of charge several second after the puck has gone... WTF... 

I really hope Aquaman asks for an explanation to this kind of refereeing...its embarrassing for the NHL... 

• Upvote 1

2 minutes ago, Silent Man said:

If I was his dad, I would say- son, get the hell out of there. Sing with a team that wants to protect you.

Yep.. 100%. And someone recently said to me that Petey wouldn't sign an offer sheet anywhere if offered one. Yeah right..

If only Tryamkin was here.. I know he'd protect Petey like he was his little bro 

1 hour ago, Ronning4center said:

Did hank ever do that?

Lu?

Crosby?

Gretzky?

I think you hit the nail on the head when you said it's not one person's job. That being said you cant single out one player.

• Cheers 1