The Official Site of the Vancouver Canucks
Canucks Community

Jay Bouwmeester collapses on bench

Rate this topic

Scary stuff, Hope he's OK. Last yr I collapsed at work due to dehydration..This yr on Jan 2nd I had a seizure..can't remember both occasions until I woke up..These things happen so fast they are unpredictable but thankfully there is a cure for these things.

3 minutes ago, sonoman said:

Twitter reports an AED had to be used.  Speedy recovery Jay

If an AED was used, it was most likely means a cardiac event.  Same as with both Rich Peverley and Jiri Fischer.  Neither one played again.  Unfortunately, I'd have to think there's a strong possibility that Bouwmeester just played his last game (but hope I'm wrong).

• Upvote 1

12 minutes ago, nux4lyfe said:

Scary stuff, Hope he's OK. Last yr I collapsed at work due to dehydration..This yr on Jan 2nd I had a seizure..can't remember both occasions until I woke up..These things happen so fast they are unpredictable but thankfully there is a cure for these things.

Hope you’re better now.  My sister had epilepsy growing up. Always scary.  She outgrew it in mid teens

• Thanks 1

10 minutes ago, Captain Canuck #12 said:

If an AED was used, it was most likely means a cardiac event.  Same as with both Rich Peverley and Jiri Fischer.  Neither one played again.  Unfortunately, I'd have to think there's a strong possibility that Bouwmeester just played his last game (but hope I'm wrong).

You may be right. Wait and see though.  Unfortunately quite a lot of these events are caused by ARVD.  Not common but could result in retirement from playing.