The Official Site of the Vancouver Canucks
Canucks Community

[Trade] Kings trade Tyler Toffoli to Canucks for Tim Schaller, Tyler Madden, 2020 2nd-round pick, conditional 2022 4th-round pick

8 minutes ago, N7Nucks said:

Are we trading Leivo or playing him? Cause he is a UFA this summer. I doubt anyone would trade a 3rd rounder at the draft for a bottom 6 pending UFA. 

Doesn't sound like Leivo will be back from injury before the TDL. No one is trading anything for him because we can't move him. He will likely walk as a UFA, no big deal.

7 minutes ago, Ossi Vaananen said:

Just found out Toffoli's wife is some kind of coordinator for the Dodgers; that might be enough to put him back in LA at season's end. 

if that happens, L.A. flat out wins that deal. 

Madden, a 2nd, and they get Toffoli back. 

RIP

4 minutes ago, Ossi Vaananen said:

Just found out Toffoli's wife is some kind of coordinator for the Dodgers; that might be enough to put him back in LA at season's end. 

Eeeash. Ya that's not great news. At least it's not that far away though. Lots of players play in different cities then their significant others live and fly back and forth . Only a 3 hour flight to LA from here  . Not sure LA would resign him anyways.  

Just now, theo5789 said:

Doesn't sound like Leivo will be back from injury before the TDL. No one is trading anything for him because we can't move him. He will likely walk as a UFA, no big deal.

What a waste. We traded Carcone for him. That guy that JB got for free.

Jokes aside. Hope he’s back in time for playoffs 

3 minutes ago, N4ZZY said:

RIP

I’m really not worried about Toffoli re-signing with LA. Another team? Sure, that could happen. But I have to believe LA would have just re-signed him if they thought he fit into their longterm plans. 

Edited by HerrDrFunk

7 minutes ago, khay said:

Chicago made WCF in Kane's 2nd season and won cup in Kane's 3rd season.

Why can't the Canucks get to WCF in EP's 2nd season and win the cup in EP's 3rd season?

Hughes is playing like Keith who put up 69 points in 82 games in 2009-10 season and outplaying Keith' 08-09 season, 44 points in 77 games.

Led by EP and Hughes this team's road to WCF is wide open. 

Chicago in 2008-09 season had one 30 goal scorer, four 20 goal scorers, and one guy that scored 19 goals (won't mention his name).

Canucks in 2019-20 season are on pace to have one 30 goal scorer (EP) and 5 to 6 20 goal scorers (Miller, Horvat, Pearson, Toffoli, Virtanen, and Boeser if he comes back in time). 

Chicago's defence featured Keith, Seabrook, Cambell, Barker, and Hjalmarsson (made the team full time towards the end of the season). 

We have Hughes, Tanev, Edler, Myers, Stecher, Fatenberg, Benn. It's worse but not by much.

And I think Marky >  Bulin wall. 

I think we have a shot at WCF this season. I don't think JB's is done with trades.

Nice comparison of players

Except our current team can't play defense. Hasn't played a structured defensive game since day one of the season. 

1 minute ago, Jetliner said:

Honestly think we need more depth for defense than scoring. Imagine if tanev or edler gets injured, knocked on wood, then we fugged

TDL hasn't passed yet. But where would we fit in Edler/Tanev "potential replacements" in our lineup? We have Fantenberg as a depth option. Then we have the youth movement of Brisebois, Rafferty and Juolevi if need be. Hopefully an addition of Tryamkin bolsters the defense again and would be a "free" acquisition.

Only potential dman I see us going after is maybe Dillon, but what do we do with Benn/Fantenberg?

• Cheers 2

3 minutes ago, N4ZZY said:

RIP

Toffoli seems like a winner. A winner wouldn’t sign with LA just because his wife has a job. Toffoli makes millions Im sure they can figure it out

6 minutes ago, N4ZZY said:

RIP

Fear mongering, just like us potentially losing a lotto pick with the conditional 1st we gave up for Miller.

• Cheers 2
  • Upvote 1

5 minutes ago, Devron44 said:

What a waste. We traded Carcone for him. That guy that JB got for free.

Jokes aside. Hope he’s back in time for playoffs 

Apparently all our players are worth their weight in gold in trades and we shouldn't trade any value to acquire good players.

• Cheers 1

Based on his numbers (currently though subject to change should he light it up or falter with us these last 20ish games) I don't anticipate him getting much of a raise (if at all) on the open market. A comparable from last year's free agency is Nyquist. Nyquist got 5.5 per for 4 years. Toffoli has slightly lesser numbers and despite bouncing back this year, isn't as consistent statistically as Nyquist so I anticipate a smaller deal for Toffolli than what was given to Nyquist. 

Thus I don't think the contract or term will be much of an issue for those concerned. It'll be interesting to see what else Benning has planned for the deadline and how these acquisitions fare during this stretch drive.