The Official Site of the Vancouver Canucks
Canucks Community

[Speculation] Canucks interested in Tyson Barrie

brian42

12 hours ago, Kanukfanatic said:

My hatred for the leafs and their fans is so strong that I really laugh out loud at home when I read bad things happen to them.

Is that wrong??

If that’s wrong, I don’t want to be right.

• Like 1
  • Haha 2

On 2/20/2020 at 5:57 PM, DeNiro said:

Well if you believe the Gaudette rumours maybe it’s something like:

Gaudette, Stecher, Baertschi for Barrie

Benning should be fired instantly if he even suggested this  to the owners. 

Edited by Tracksuit
  • Upvote 1

1 minute ago, Tracksuit said:

beside the fact that the Leaves don't have the cap space for that move, Jim's not that dumb. I don't know why rumours keep going around based on him being an idiot. 

• Like 1
  • Cheers 1

1 hour ago, Jimmy McGill said:

beside the fact that the Leaves don't have the cap space for that move, Jim's not that dumb. I don't know why rumours keep going around based on him being an idiot. 

Some have convinced themselves that because Jim has rebuilt the team differently or made trades etc that weren't what THEY thought were correct moves, that it makes 'Dim Jim' a moron who's clearly not as intelligent as themselves.

• Cheers 1

44 minutes ago, Franz Liszt said:

Also read somewhere (I'll try and post the link) that apparently we've offered Juolevi + a conditional pick for Barrie, conditional if he re-signs. 

But as the poster above me pointed out, there's a bit of risk involved now with his shoulder from last night.

I’d make that deal.  Always liked Barrie. 

The way I see it, this team is built to generate offence and allow Marky to handle the rest.  Barrie fits that.   Hell instantly have the best point shot from the blue line on this club.  Shades of the Edler - Ehrhoff pairing. 

2 hours ago, aGENT said:

Some have convinced themselves that because Jim has rebuilt the team differently or made trades etc that weren't what THEY thought were correct moves, that it makes 'Dim Jim' a moron who's clearly not as intelligent as themselves.

Dim, as it were, may have just managed to surpass the "Shannaplan".  If he can find a way to shed Loui, or a combo of Sutter and Baer, either scenario, with the cap space opening up he can actually add another quality player for next season. 

4 hours ago, Tracksuit said:

Benning wouldn't cripple the team like that. Gaudette isn’t going anywhere. Stecher might, but I highly doubt that Benning would want Barrie when he has a far more complete offensive defenseman in Hughes. 

I would think that the two most sensible trade candidates Benning has are Roussel and Benn. Stecher has chemistry with Edler making for a decent 2nd pairing. 

If Benning can trade Roussel and Benn fir draft picks and convince Bogosian to sign as a depth defenseman, that would be ideal. 

2 hours ago, Franz Liszt said:

Also read somewhere (I'll try and post the link) that apparently we've offered Juolevi + a conditional pick for Barrie, conditional if he re-signs. 

But as the poster above me pointed out, there's a bit of risk involved now with his shoulder from last night.

Hmmm. I would consider that if only to flip Barrie for a first. If that's an option.

2 hours ago, 70seven said:

I’d make that deal.  Always liked Barrie. 

The way I see it, this team is built to generate offence and allow Marky to handle the rest.  Barrie fits that.   Hell instantly have the best point shot from the blue line on this club.  Shades of the Edler - Ehrhoff pairing. 

I wouldn't give up OJ for him unless it came with an extension. As for the bolded... i think you're spot on. Aren't we like 11-2-0 when we give up 35+ shots?

• Cheers 1

2 minutes ago, I.Am.Ironman said:

I wouldn't give up OJ for him unless it came with an extension. As for the bolded... i think you're spot on. Aren't we like 11-2-0 when we give up 35+ shots?

But if we were to add Barrie, play that style, don't we become the Leafs West?

• Thanks 1

3 minutes ago, rekker said:

But if we were to add Barrie, play that style, don't we become the Leafs West?

Yeah maybe. I would rather keep Stecher and/or OJ than bring in Barrie, especially after his shoulder injury last night. I'd be more inclined to try to sign Bogosian for depth and trade Benn.

5 minutes ago, I.Am.Ironman said:

Yeah maybe. I would rather keep Stecher and/or OJ than bring in Barrie, especially after his shoulder injury last night. I'd be more inclined to try to sign Bogosian for depth and trade Benn.

Barrie isnt injured. He returned to the game.

I think he is better than he has showed this year

27 minutes ago, Jimmy McGill said:

Dim, as it were, may have just managed to surpass the "Shannaplan".  If he can find a way to shed Loui, or a combo of Sutter and Baer, either scenario, with the cap space opening up he can actually add another quality player for next season. 

He may have already added him ;)

ERct67VVAAAAvbz?format=jpg%26name=small&

5 minutes ago, I.Am.Ironman said:

I'd rather see if we can't package Stecher for something along the lines of Ristolainen, Severson etc.

• Cheers 1

17 minutes ago, I.Am.Ironman said:

100 percent. If we didn't have Hughes I'd be all over Barrie, but he doesn't fit cap wise or team wise imho.

• Upvote 2