The Official Site of the Vancouver Canucks
Canucks Community

[GDT] Bruins @ Nucks - Feb 22 2020 - 7pm Pacific - HNIC EDITION

Rate this topic

xereau

2 hours ago, PhillipBlunt said:

I wonder if Benning will end up moving Benn. Doesn’t seem to be working out for him here 

I don’t think Benn has been terrible but he is that marginal 6/7 guy 

if we get Tram or bring up up 1 high potential d man (Rafferty) then Benn is expendable 

we also have Fanta back at some point 

I would rather see JB move OJ for some useable asset

Edited by canuck2288
  • Cheers 1

7 minutes ago, canuck2288 said:

if we get Tram or bring up up 1 high potential d man (Rafferty) them Benn is expendable 

Fantenberg is in tonight. 

• Cheers 1
  • Huggy Bear 1

8 minutes ago, canuck2288 said:

if we get Tram or bring up up 1 high potential d man (Rafferty) them Benn is expendable 

I really thought Benn had more snarl to his game, especially with a beard like that. ::D

Fantenberg is our 6th Dman, Stech and Benn are our 7th and there are numerous prospects who could easily replace them moving forward.

12 minutes ago, EdgarM said:

I really thought Benn had more snarl to his game, especially with a beard like that. ::D

Fantenberg is our 6th Dman, Stech and Benn are our 7th and there are numerous prospects who could easily replace them moving forward.

Seems to happen alot with supposed "tough" guys when they come here.

• Cheers 2

2 hours ago, EdgarM said:

I look at our "Ring of Honor" and I see why this culture exists. Thomas Gradin? Matthias Ohlund? Burrows yes, but we need to honor those that gave everything when they were Canucks. Gino taking on the entire team of St. Louis? Kessler going "Beast Mode"? Hansen playing like a "Honey Badger" every night? Skill is great but we cannot forget a "heart of a Lion" might just take us to that next step...…. to a championship.

are you actually saying Thomas gradin and ohlund didn't give everything they had out on the ice?   Thomas gradin any player that played back then was tough , he played with smyl and fraser ., he gave it everything even in the playoffs . ohlund  played with practically with one eye, and laid out some of the biggest hits ever , I would say that he gave everything 

• Cheers 3

9 minutes ago, the grinder said:

are you actually saying Thomas gradin and ohlund didn't give everything they had out on the ice?   Thomas gradin any player that played back then was tough , he played with smyl and fraser ., he gave it everything even in the playoffs . ohlund  played with practically with one eye, and laid out some of the biggest hits ever , I would say that he gave everything 

I remember Smyl playing with heart as well as Tiger Williams. Same can be said for Jovo Cop. But there are others who had there moments but I wouldn't put those labels on them. Some guys just hate to lose no matter what and it shows EVERY MINUTE THEY ARE ON THE ICE.

• Cheers 2

1 minute ago, Alflives said:

The Bruins are absolutely going to target our top guys.  They will have their lesser players taking runs at Petey and Hughes all game.  We should start the game with our guys (Jake and Bo) who are heavy and can really skate target the Bruins top guys: Bergeron and Pastrnak.  If we are coached to play passively again tonight, Green should get the axe. 

And if they do and no canuck  shows spine, i guarantee you JB will trade for some ...he not gonna allow that esp with picking up tyler and how bad he wants the canucks to succeed in the playoffs

• Like 1