The Official Site of the Vancouver Canucks
Canucks Community

[GDT] Bruins @ Nucks - Feb 22 2020 - 7pm Pacific - HNIC EDITION

Rate this topic

xereau

28 minutes ago, VancouverHabitant said:

Yes, but we are where Tampa was about four years ago ..  it takes time (and much better/faster players)

idk about that....Tampa has raised their game and have a pack mentality...you can be young and raise the intensity and have a pack mentality. It's mostly mental and having a tough mentality, and take no sh$t attitude.

If the other team takes a run at a Tampa player, the Tampa players as a group immediately ramp up their intensity and aggressively push back. All players ramp up their game.and they take it to the other team.

...look no further to how Sutter and JV play....they are just there...need more from these players because they matter. It wouldn't hurt if Bo plays more physical and plays contact hockey more often too.

Edited by Pete M
  • Wat 1

48 minutes ago, Moose Nuckle said:

Let's see virtanen fight debrusk!

Be nice if Jake played with more Snarl, but he doesn't 99% of the time. He could be such an effective player if he crashed and banged on the regular. Perfect style of hockey for the post season!

15 minutes ago, Canuckster86 said:

Be nice if Jake played with more Snarl, but he doesn't 99% of the time. He could be such an effective player if he crashed and banged on the regular. Perfect style of hockey for the post season!

"Be nice" if he got more ice time then LE. With how all of our aggressive players do not play with "Snarl", I am beginning to wonder how much of that is being directed from the coach.

• Cheers 2

2 hours ago, mikeyman109 said:

This is the proverbial measuring stick game. We stunk it up in Boston last game against these guys. The team looked gassed in game 4 of a 5 game road trip. No excuses tonight. Boston at the end of road trip, second game in back to back, game in our barn.

If Green plays Eriksson over Mac I dont know what to say. This is exactly the team we need to play him against. We got pushed around by Calgary last game we played them and we sat Bailey and Mac over Eriksson. Dont make the same mistake twice.

Marky needs a bounce back game. That game against the Wild was excruciating. The second Wild goal was awful and the Stecher face goal was bad as well. We need some bounces tonight. Can Stech stop scoring on his own net please?

This is going to be a playoff type game against a team that may be there in the final. If we cannot get up for this game and play with this team we are sorely lacking.We have the goal tending. I am not sold on our D. Fantenberg was performing well before he got hurt. Sad that the loss of  a number 6 or 7 guy seems to have made such a big difference. Myers, Edler and Tanev better show up in this one.Hughes seems to show up in every game.

Up front , i totally agree with everyone posting here saying Toffoli needs to play with BO and Pearson., He is their style of player. Put Jake Back on with Petey and Miller. They had some chemistry going and we need all of that we can get.

Huge game, need the two points. Forget about retribution for the hit on Petey. Win the game and be prepared to fight through a bunch of Boston holds hooks and picks. GCG!

If Green plays LE over Mac I would love to hear why. I hope that if this happens, somebody from media  has balls to ask a straight question- why, coach, why?

• Cheers 1

2 minutes ago, VancouverHabitant said:

If only every player on our team played like Tyler Motte. 

Just now, sassbs said:

And had the push back of taffoli 

As the games are getting tighter, "the cream is rising to the top". Miller and Hughes are continuing on as business as usual, the rest? well?

Motte and Toffoli definitely know how to play in a "play-off like" atmosphere. 

Time for others to show what kind of character they are made of.

• Cheers 2