The Official Site of the Vancouver Canucks
Canucks Community

[GDT] Bruins @ Nucks - Feb 22 2020 - 7pm Pacific - HNIC EDITION

Rate this topic

xereau

14 minutes ago, EdgarM said:

As the games are getting tighter, "the cream is rising to the top". Miller and Hughes are continuing on as business as usual, the rest? well?

Motte and Toffoli definitely know how to play in a "play-off like" atmosphere. 

Time for others to show what kind of character they are made of.

EdgarM...this is exactly what is needed in order to take their game to the next level....Everyone needs to raise their game, play physical, take no sh$t, back each other up, and out work their opponent. We're talking what is needed to contend for a playoff spot and the cup...now's the time to bring their "A" game every night and be focused on what it takes to win and go out there and do it...one player who is leading the way on how to play is JT Miller "Bill"!....the other players need to match his intensity.

Edited by Pete M
  • Upvote 1

2 minutes ago, Pete M said:

EdgarM...this is exactly what is needed in order to take their game to the next level....Everyone needs to raise their game, play physical, take no sh$t, back each other up, and out work their opponent. We're talking what is needed to contend for a playoff spot and the cup...now's the time to bring their "A" game every night and be focused on what it takes to win and go out there and do it...one player who is leading the way on how to play is JT Miller!....the other players need to match his intensity.

Green’s response is to put Bruce Banner in one of our top two lines.  Just you wait until Eriksson goes into Hulk mode!

20 minutes ago, HockeyHarry said:

Tonight’s game should show us exactly what kind of difference the rental the CandyMan Toffoli brings to the Canucks....CandyMan Toffoli is the golden ticket to the Cup that the Candy eater fans want.

194B1BF1-6A0F-497A-B1CB-8877A0B73531.gif

5F19364B-4E43-430C-9CD3-990FFEA52A5A.gif

0386C84D-1F48-4800-ABFB-F2CF924FF822.gif

Sorry but this "waiting for the other shoe to drop" in a success/failure way is part of the problem lately.

It's one game.  There are not golden tickets....there are many things that factor in to a team going on a roll or hitting the skids. Wanting to break it down to "a" player really isn't fair to that player.

My bold predictions for this game:

- 50 saves for Markstrom

- Hat trick for Toffoli

- 4 points for Hughes

- 3 points each for Petterson and Miller

- Jay Beagle crosschecks Marchand in the face and breaks his nose. Marchand cries. 

- Tanev and Edler combine for 20 blocked shots

- Canucks win

• Like 2
  • Cheers 2

2 minutes ago, debluvscanucks said:

Sorry but this "waiting for the other shoe to drop" in a success/failure way is part of the problem lately.

It's one game.  There are not golden tickets....there are many things that factor in to a team going on a roll or hitting the skids. Wanting to break it down to "a" player really isn't fair to that player.

This is my kind of Veruca Salt.

• Like 1

12 minutes ago, Pete M said:

EdgarM...this is exactly what is needed in order to take their game to the next level....Everyone needs to raise their game, play physical, take no sh$t, back each other up, and out work their opponent. We're talking what is needed to contend for a playoff spot and the cup...now's the time to bring their "A" game every night and be focused on what it takes to win and go out there and do it...one player who is leading the way on how to play is JT Miller "Bill"!....the other players need to match his intensity.

I look at our "Ring of Honor" and I see why this culture exists. Thomas Gradin? Matthias Ohlund? Burrows yes, but we need to honor those that gave everything when they were Canucks. Gino taking on the entire team of St. Louis? Kessler going "Beast Mode"? Hansen playing like a "Honey Badger" every night? Skill is great but we cannot forget a "heart of a Lion" might just take us to that next step...…. to a championship.

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1

7 minutes ago, debluvscanucks said:

It’s breaking it down to the candy eating fans..........it’s a team effort..GCG

its the stupid candy mob....not the team.

Edited by HockeyHarry

2 minutes ago, Ghostsof1915 said:

This is my kind of Veruca Salt.

<3 them.

Heard this (love her too) on the drive home from work yesterday....reminded me of CDC lately....  

Our team's still in the fight and I ain't ready to call them a bust.    

• Upvote 2

Just now, debluvscanucks said:

<3 them.

Heard this (love her too) on the drive home from work yesterday....reminded me of CDC lately....  

Our team's still in the fight and I ain't ready to call them a bust.    

I'd drop everything for Shirley with her Scot's accent, and amazing voice. 

• Like 1