The Official Site of the Vancouver Canucks
Canucks Community

Top 50 Canucks of All-Time - #23 - Tie-breaker

Rate this topic

-AJ-

Top 50 Canucks of All-Time - #23 - Tie-Breaker  

68 members have voted

1. 1. Who is the #23 Canuck of All-Time?

• D. Lidster
    • K. Bieksa
  2. 2. Should the loser of the tie-breaker go straight to #24 or should we have a new full poll for #24?

• Loser to #24
    • New poll for #24

This poll is closed to new votes

We haven't had to do this yet, but the vote between Bieksa and Lidster is too close to call and I'd rather avoid using the random number generator for actual players getting on the list, so a tie-breaker it is! I will probably keep this open for a shorter time than the regular polls to keep things going.

Vote now! Doug Lidster or Kevin Bieksa!

• Like 2
  • Cheers 2

Maybe to speed this up AJ you could put both these guys in as 23/24  - tied so 23, 23, and then got straight to 25.   Sudden death shoot-outs - not a fan ha ha.  Ties are ok.  Just a suggestion.   Think the Ronning votes will go to Lidster - and the Jovo votes got to Bieksa ....in the end when they all come in it will still be close.  

• Like 2

49 minutes ago, CanuckleHorse said:

Juice baby our haters can’t stand him and that makes me all warm and fuzzy inside to know he brings those goofs pain.

Never understood how a certain portion of the fan base early on was all over Bieksa whenever he made a mistake....that team would simply not be the same without him - and a lot worse off.  Even ANA fans loved this guy late in his career after he lost a step.  Superman punches helped that of course.  Sad to see him go, one guy I would have been happy to see retire as a Canuck even though what we needed was picks/prospects from that core late in the game.

KB3

Fairly similar points, Bieksa crushing in PIMs, but aside from stats, he was a tough, mean, heart and soul kind of guy that you want on the backend, and he gave us some very memorable moments that will always stick with fans. 

Voted Lidster. I love Juice but Lidster played longer for us, had more points on worse teams, and still holds the Canucks single season scoring record for a D man (though we all know Huggy Bear would have broken it). 

Based on the criteria I've used for my previous votes I have to go for Lidster.

• Like 1

4 hours ago, IBatch said:

Maybe to speed this up AJ you could put both these guys in as 23/24  - tied so 23, 23, and then got straight to 25.   Sudden death shoot-outs - not a fan ha ha.  Ties are ok.  Just a suggestion.   Think the Ronning votes will go to Lidster - and the Jovo votes got to Bieksa ....in the end when they all come in it will still be close.  

I'm for the sudden death overtime, but who ever loses this tiebreaker shouldn't be put back into the pool to compete for 24th again if you ask me.

Anyway look at Lidster go.  He deserves a little respect after being unceremoniously kicked to the curb as assistant coach a few years ago.  I think most people didn't even know that was a Canuck great working the bench with Willie D.

He should have been looking up at himself in the Ring of Honour every home game if you ask me.

Edited by Kevin Biestra
  • Like 1

1 hour ago, Kevin Biestra said:

I'm for the sudden death overtime, but who ever loses this tiebreaker shouldn't be put back into the pool to compete for 24th again if you ask me.

Anyway look at Lidster go.  He deserves a little respect after being unceremoniously kicked to the curb as assistant coach a few years ago.  I think most people didn't even know that was a Canuck great working the bench with Willie D.

Agreed - think that Lidster is going to get his due on this one now - started slow this morning but is starting to take a commanding lead...KB deserves an automatic slot at 24 ...  hard to believe Lidsters team record has lasted as long as it has - over three decades now.   QH's looks to have the chops to break it but still has to do it.  Both guys were leaders on their respective teams, but only one was given the C even if  it wasn't for a long time.     

Ronning should be battling Sundstrom or another former great Canuck D in Kearns or Jovo for 25... two great centers battling it out with two former great D's.   I have all of these guys in the top 25.  

• Like 2