The Official Site of the Vancouver Canucks
Canucks Community

[GDT/PGT] Canucks vs Jets, Bubble Hockey Edition (Exhibition), July 29th @ 7:30pm PST, Sportsnet

Rate this topic

Just now, CRAZY_4_NAZZY said:

I'm noticing a lot of how Minnesota's style they really seem to go in packs of 2 into forecheck, neutral zone entry/containment, defensive zone defending, and off the cycle.  They like work in pairs and really drawing the opposition into that pair to open their own space for the remaining players.

They constantly hover one another to give outlets and support.  I really like their structure.  I can see how that style would pose a lot of problems for teams who want to run and gun.  That style is very demanding though, I can see how over time that style can wear on the older players.

Yes.. they are containing the AVS speed and playing good structured defensive game.. 

Just now, WHL rocks said:

I'm getting the Minny feed on NHL center Ice and the announcers have constantly been talking about the Canucks and the play - in series coming up...

They are doing a special report on the Canucks to show the Canucks stars and a scouting report on them after the 2nd period..  10 mins left in 2nd period 3-2 Avs leading..

Any interesting note was said by the Minny announcers? I am not a huge fan of the Minny play by play guy, every time the opposing team score he sounds like someone just killed his dog (but that's what I hope he sounds like after every game for the upcoming series).

3 minutes ago, CRAZY_4_NAZZY said:

I'm noticing a lot of how Minnesota's style they really seem to go in packs of 2 into forecheck, neutral zone entry/containment, defensive zone defending, and off the cycle.  They like work in pairs and really drawing the opposition into that pair to open their own space for the remaining players.

They constantly hover one another to give outlets and support.  I really like their structure.  I can see how that style would pose a lot of problems for teams who want to run and gun.  That style is very demanding though, I can see how over time that style can wear on the older players.

Their strength is also their weakness.

That is, Suter, Parise, and Staal are very good but they are older and not what they once were.

The Avs might even be able to win this game with their speed and youth overpowering late in the game.

And we are a lot like the Avs in our balance of youth and experience, not overloaded with all their cap tied up in a few older players.

Just now, ruilin96 said:

Any interesting note was said by the Minny announcers? I am not a huge fan of the Minny play by play guy, every time the opposing team score he sounds like someone just killed his dog (but that's what I hope he sounds like after every game for the upcoming series).

They've been talking a lot about Canucks good PP and our young kids having a lot of skill..

Fiala is playing well and they saying hes going to have to be at top of his game to keep up with Boeser and company..

Constant batter thru out the broad cast about the upcoming series vs Canucks..

Saying Minny D is going to have to be involved to generate offense vs Canucks.

• Cheers 1

1 hour ago, bishopshodan said:

Well that clip is in slow motion...

GO Frickin Nucks!

I admit, I didn't think we were going to get to see nhl hockey this year. 

I am sooo happy to be wrong.

Go Nucks! (did I say that already?)

Nucks,  GO!!

I feel like Daffy Duck...I'm gonna go bounce around outside to burn off some energy.

Bishop sees the Stanley Cup.

• Haha 1

31 minutes ago, luckylager said:

Got a feeling my liver is about to take a beating.

Watch out, PGT. 

I think we will likely make this thread the PGT considering it’s an exhibition game. Similarly, in the past, preseason games had GDTs and PGTs combined into one. But when the qualifiers start, then we can have a separate PGT.

• Thanks 1
  • Cheers 2

Minny broadcast did a little segment on Canucks. 

EP Quinn Miller Marky were the focus..

Said Marky coukd be the needle mover. Was playing great before stoppage. 

Talked a lot about EP and his skill. Showed his highlights.. 

Talked about Quinn how good he is and him being a star moving forward 

Miller more than ppg thus year and how well he's played leading Canucks in scoring. 

Talked highly of Canucks team. 

I dont think Minny media is too confident about beating the Canucks. 

• Thanks 1
  • Cheers 2