The Official Site of the Vancouver Canucks
Canucks Community

[PGT] Minnesota Wild at Vancouver Canucks | Aug. 02, 2020 | Wild lead series 1-0

Rate this topic

-Vintage Canuck-

The only positive spin I can put on last nights game is that we are two more losses closer to a 12% chance at first overall! 

I hope JB’s time is done for cap crunching us and he gets shown the door. Green should be fired and replaced with more experience... I hear Peter Laviolette Is available?

I have the wild in 4 games, they are just a better team and it showed. Did Green already put a positive spin to last nights disgrace of a performance? Man I miss the Sedin era they at least could win a series or two.

• Wat 1

1 hour ago, Jimmy McGill said:

bingo. perfect examples. 

Even the one with Jake, he's able to go off wing where he's always been a better scorer or play maker. 

Players have been using this since atom, it's not a "system" employed by a coaching staff.  It's something they do naturally from years of doing it.

Sure, coaches can talk about supporting the puck, but they don't say "ok, it's time to out the attack triangle strategy into play boys!"

11 hours ago, stawns said:

Miller Petey TT

Pearson Bo Boes

Ferland Sutter Jake 

Eriksson Beagle Motte

If Stretch were a LD, I'd say OJ in for stetcher.

Stetcher looked overwhelmed for a lot of the game. I think Boeser and TT should switch spots. I’d take Gaudette out and put Sutter at Center between Ferland and Jake. 

• Cheers 3
  • Vintage 1

Nucks are gonna need all four lines rolling to beat the wild.   Will be interesting to see Greens decisions for game 2.  Roster adjustments or do they just keep rolling and hopefully get some offense going?  I don't think the Nucks played horribly- I'd say 5 on 5 the Canucks were the better team.  Credit to the Wild tho, they capitalized on the PP and won the game.  Overall it was a very entertaining game despite the frustrating result.  

• Vintage 1

18 minutes ago, messier's_elbow said:

Sutter wasn’t the problem. Roussel, Gaudette, Pearson all played worse. 

I'd put in Loui for Sutter based on scoring potential, Loui has a better chance of scoring on a rebound than Sutter imo. 

• Haha 1

13 minutes ago, WillyFox said:

The only positive spin I can put on last nights game is that we are two more losses closer to a 12% chance at first overall! 

I hope JB’s time is done for cap crunching us and he gets shown the door. Green should be fired and replaced with more experience... I hear Peter Laviolette Is available?

I have the wild in 4 games, they are just a better team and it showed. Did Green already put a positive spin to last nights disgrace of a performance? Man I miss the Sedin era they at least could win a series or two.

you really think the canucks stand a chance going head-to-head with edmonton in that competition?

• Haha 1

14 minutes ago, WillyFox said:

If we are going up agains the likes of the Oilers or Pens in that department. You know it's going to either of those two teams.

22 minutes ago, wildcam said:

We need to have Jake on 3rd line more speed and MacEwen on 4th line... Need to add these aggressive forward and make it hard for Wild D men..

Need to cause havoc in front of the net with a Virtanen making a rush at full speed heading straight for the goalie...

Miller - Petey - Taffoli

Pearson - Horvat - Boeser

Ferland - Gaudette - Virtanen-- Extra speed on forecheck with jake driving to net full speed with puck, rebounds and scoring chance..

Roussel - Beagle - MacEwen     -- cause havoc on forecheck with MacEwen

I think we do need the crash and bang element and Green needs to play that card with Virtanen and MacEwen. They need some of that in the top 6 though. We need to mix up the skill and bangers better.

Miller Pete Virtanen

Ferland Horvat Boeser

Pearson Sutter Toffoli

Mottle Beagle MacEwen

Sit: Gaudette and Rousell

• Cheers 1

12 minutes ago, stawns said:

Players have been using this since atom, it's not a "system" employed by a coaching staff.  It's something they do naturally from years of doing it.

Sure, coaches can talk about supporting the puck, but they don't say "ok, it's time to out the attack triangle strategy into play boys!"

sure, but so what? speed kills. We have it, lets use it. 

What Green attempted last night was utterly defendable by how mini can set up their d so fast and how much support the f's contribute. We can't give them that time, imo. 

• Cheers 2

5 minutes ago, Canuckster86 said:

Game 2 Forward lineup I would like to see:

Ferland Miller Pettersson- Ferly for size/protection

Virtanen Horvat Boeser- Jake for speed and grit hopefully...

Pearson Sutter Toffoli- Sutter with 2 decent wingers

Motte Beagle Roussel- Crash N bang line hopefully...

I agree. 

I don't want to put words into your mouth but Gaudette is not ready for this level of competition. 

Overall I thought Canucks played an OK game. Canucks D played well. As a skill oriented team Canucks' passes were off. They need to simplify their game and avoid making complicated plays until they regain mid-season form.  

Markstrom should have saved both goals. 

Roussel and Pearson need to control their emotions. 

Neither teams scored 5 on 5. Minnesota got some bounces and the Canucks did not. I would not be surprised if the Canucks got some lucky goals next game. People are singing praise for Minnesota D. Lets's see how good their D is when they are down 2-0.

6 minutes ago, SILLY GOOSE said:

Nucks are gonna need all four lines rolling to beat the wild.   Will be interesting to see Greens decisions for game 2.  Roster adjustments or do they just keep rolling and hopefully get some offense going?  I don't think the Nucks played horribly- I'd say 5 on 5 the Canucks were the better team.  Credit to the Wild tho, they capitalized on the PP and won the game.  Overall it was a very entertaining game despite the frustrating result.  

we didn't lose the game because of lack of pp, but it sure helped, i think maybe the tables might have been turned if we got 2 pp in the first and Minni got none. how many times do we get a pp at the end of the game when the game is basically over

• Wat 1

28 minutes ago, messier's_elbow said:

Stetcher looked overwhelmed for a lot of the game. I think Boeser and TT should switch spots. I’d take Gaudette out and put Sutter at Center between Ferland and Jake. 

Boeser and Petey don't work and will be a disaster against that too 4 d of Minny

• Wat 3