The Official Site of the Vancouver Canucks
Canucks Community

[PGT] Minnesota Wild at Vancouver Canucks | Aug. 04, 2020 | Series tied 1-1

Rate this topic

-Vintage Canuck-

2 minutes ago, CanuckGAME said:

Lol what a joke.

Jake was on pace to have an almost 50 point season.

How the **** did he play his way ogg the team?  Green just loves to blackball and bully Jake.

Jake would have scored 20-24 goals if the season didnt get cancelled,  he gets scratched.

Louie Eriksson floats around all season and gets to play on the 2nd line with Bo.   Makes a lot of sense.

fully agree greeens a pos  looking forward to him being fired 

Played a solid game, but don't like how they keep icing the puck at the end of the game there. Must stay hungry for 60 min and finish the game. Next game is even bigger game. We have to adapt and keep our minds fresh.

• Thanks 1

1 minute ago, VancouverHabitant said:

Bang on, he's looked great!  I was not a fan of his game since his back injury but so far so good.  Looks like the time off really helped him! 

Looks faster and way more engaged.

2 minutes ago, Brovat said:

Gaudette did not have a great game 1 of this series. Here’s a thought. Coach the kid. Don’t bench him. 

Hard disagree. Players sometimes need to watch. Gaudette was pretty bad in game 1. With Rooster and Ferland out I see him back in.

Itll be interesting to see how Green works out the lines

• Cheers 3
  • Upvote 1

4 minutes ago, Shirotashi said:

Wow want to be excited but we almost lost that game in my opinion due to bad goaltending.

Markstrom your done bud. Demko your turn.

And this, gentleman and lady’s, is what a troll post looks like. 

• Cheers 2
  • Upvote 1

2 minutes ago, CanuckGAME said:

Not if Toffoli resigns..  cant blame Jim if the guy gets hurt.

Also Madden was always expendable when our Center depth is very good.

Not complaining just sucks to lose a good asset for I'll just say 10 games cause he didn't bother to show up on Sunday. 

Well may be still a good trade if we can find cap space to sign him. 

I don't think Gaudette is ready defensively to be a third line centre on a playoff-calibre team; however, with the injury to Toffoli, Gaudette's offensive instincts might look good on Horvat's wing. 

For the bottom six, Eriksson, Sutter, and Virtanen could be a good defensive line and Motte, Beagle, MacEwen could bring some physicality (in the event Ferland and Roussel are not able to play in Game 3).

• Thanks 1

3 minutes ago, CanuckGAME said:

Lol what a joke.

Jake was on pace to have an almost 50 point season.

How the **** did he play his way ogg the team?  Green just loves to blackball and bully Jake.

Jake would have scored 20-24 goals if the season didnt get cancelled,  he gets scratched.

Louie Eriksson floats around all season and gets to play on the 2nd line with Bo.   Makes a lot of sense.

Louie had a solid game.  

If you're going to play the same old tired "It's all Louie's fault" tune, then play it after a game where he sucks.  

Why the can't Jake show up into camp in the best shape of his life for once? 

"The last game, it was a tough loss for our group. There's been so much talk about this upcoming playoff, for years in Vancouver. They were upset they lost even into the afternoon yesterday. Good we had a day off to regroup. The top 6 all played very well. They knew they'd have to be a factor if we were going to win. There's been a lot of talk about it the last few days and they all played well." - Green

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1
  • Upvote 1

28 minutes ago, SergioMomesso said:

Not a racist guy but there are better analysts than Anthony Stewart. 

could just say he isnt the best analyst, without saying the first part lol, be making the same point.

EDIT: either way, i agree he isnt the greatest one either, but i dont mind him, better than some of the others that use to be.

Edited by TNucks1
  • Like 1
  • Haha 1

Petey should have had two helpers; he forced the TO and deflected the puck to Miller on his "unassisted" goal. That little tap to Brock for his goal was an underappreciated thing of beauty. The NHL TV guys said it was a deflection, but it was a perfect feed to an open Brock for the finish. I like Brock better on that line, when Toffoli gets back I'd like to see him on Bo's line.

Petey had a great game, he's getting a ton of dirty attention, I hope he can hold up over the course of the playoffs. Also, very disappointed in Jake, one good play backtracking to break up a scoring chance, but I expected him to play with some edge, like he had a chip on his shoulder and he gives us blech. Honestly, if JB can get somebody to take LE's contract and the sweetener is Jake, I'm all in on that.

Edited by canuckleheads fan
  • Like 1
  • Thanks 1
  • Haha 1
  • Wat 2

Just now, Horvat is a Boss said:

After that, are people still lining up to tie up cap space into Toffoli long term given that we have Podkolzin, Hoglander and Lind all 1-2 years out?

Considering after 1-2 years when they make the team they will roughly need another 2-4 years to reach their max potential...

Yeah I would like to re-sign Tofu. 4-5 years nets him till he's 32/33 and gives the youngsters enough time to reach their potentials, if they do.

• Cheers 2
  • Upvote 1