The Official Site of the Vancouver Canucks
Canucks Community

Burrows? Do We Really Need Him?

Rate this topic

clutch

1 hour ago, 73 Percent said:

Not too sure about that.

Pettersson is far more prolific of the two.

Now if you were to ask if we would trade for Dahlen if we hadn't drafted EP (imagine if the draft happened first before the TDL) first, then I would be more likely agree. 

On 3/9/2018 at 5:50 PM, Hugor Hill said:

Pettersson is far more prolific of the two.

Now if you were to ask if we would trade for Dahlen if we hadn't drafted EP (imagine if the draft happened first before the TDL) first, then I would be more likely agree. 

I think he's referring to the chemistry, not one versus the other. Was Pettersson drafted over guys like Glass because of his potential chemistry or was he going to be picked regardless? Did that give the edge over to drafting Pettersson?

Still, I think Benning has Pettersson very high on his list--possibly no. 1, so I think he would've been picked regardless.

On 3/12/2018 at 9:06 AM, -AJ- said:

I think he's referring to the chemistry, not one versus the other. Was Pettersson drafted over guys like Glass because of his potential chemistry or was he going to be picked regardless? Did that give the edge over to drafting Pettersson?

Still, I think Benning has Pettersson very high on his list--possibly no. 1, so I think he would've been picked regardless.

I think the answer is yes.  I remember hearing that one of the deciding factors for EP over Glass was that it was felt he would fit in with the group better.

With that in mind, I don't see a bid for Kane.

He is put on waivers one week. Yet is on the ice with seconds left in a game, after a timeout, needing a goal to tie game. Go figure.

Edit:  this was a game a few days ago. Can't remember opponent

Edited by Shift-4

So not only was Burrows really needed on the team but he got us a player that is compared to Zetterberg in almost single handedly bringing a team from second division to the first division.

Burrows is like that tree that never stopped giving!

Edited by khay

On 3/20/2018 at 10:09 AM, Shift-4 said:

He is put on waivers one week. Yet is on the ice with seconds left in a game, after a timeout, needing a goal to tie game. Go figure.

Edit:  this was a game a few days ago. Can't remember opponent

Clutch.

On 2018-03-18 at 12:45 PM, Crabcakes said:

I think the answer is yes.  I remember hearing that one of the deciding factors for EP over Glass was that it was felt he would fit in with the group better.

With that in mind, I don't see a bid for Kane.

Yeah let’s go with Biega and Chaput instead.

#retirethisthread

tired of scrolling past it everyday.

Please allow me to say some final words:

1. Burrows was a heart and soul success story, from un-drafted agitator, to legendary dragon slayer.

2. Before Burrows evolved into his final form, clutch started this thread, and shortly thereafter abandoned his account.

3. In his final act of awesomeness, Burrows landed us Dahlen, who is said to be closer to NHL ready, than most realize.

Thanks Burrows, for the memories, the hometown discount, and for Dahlen.

Thanks clutch, for the delicious ironing.

/thread?

• Upvote 2

The ironing indead

A poster named 'clutch' starts a thread besmirching the one Canuck on the team that most would vote, years later, on being the ultimate 'clutch' player for the Canucks.  He's even managed to outlast his greatest linemates.

• Haha 2