The Official Site of the Vancouver Canucks
Canucks Community

Burrows? Do We Really Need Him?

Rate this topic

clutch

Nice to see Burr get a lucky bounce... but he is due for some after the 2013-2014 season. ;)

By the way, he did not take a stupid penalty, if you look at the replay, Ramo was out of the crease when Burr bumped him, it should not have been called.

But as usual, the Refs use any excuse to penalize the guy who had the temerity to point out their bullsh*t.

• Upvote 3

but he could have fallen forwards or sideways when bumped, but chose to fall on Ramo ... hence the penalty

? Really?? Sometimes when you fall you don't choose where or how you fall. It looked like he wasn't aware that the goalie was out so far and he lost his balance when he made contact.

but he could have fallen forwards or sideways when bumped, but chose to fall on Ramo ... hence the penalty

? Really?? Sometimes when you fall you don't choose where or how you fall. It looked like he wasn't aware that the goalie was out so far and he lost his balance when he made contact.

Exactly. If you are skating backwards and hit an obstruction, your body momentum would carry you backwards. But I didn't have a problem with the call. Ramo was just on the edge of the crease and Alex should have been a little more aware.

But I do enjoy this thread. Shut up the haters. Still don't understand how any Canuck fan thinks he is not earning his keep and/or wants him traded. All teams, even rebuilding ones, need at least a few vets to help guide the rookies. And Alex is a leader in his preparation, effort and production.

My favourite thread and I feel personally responsible for poor Clutch's demise. Hard to imagine an undrafted player toiling in the ECHL going on to play this many games and contribute so consistently over all those games. He remains underrated and a player that ANY team in the NHL would find room for in their line up.

I was lucky enough to play 18 holes with him on our group. The fact he is about the nicest and most humble professional athlete on the planet doesn't hurt either.

To Clutch, wherever you are, thanks for being so epically wrong.

• Upvote 3

In all fairness Ramo was outside of his crease. I really didn't think that should have been a penalty, because a crease is there for a reason, and he was outside of it.

This is a joke post isn't it? Because there is no way you can seriously mean what you say!

Burrows is brilliant! Even if you cast aside his invaluable role as an agitator, he is a fantastic two way player, penalty killer and solid contributor on offence. He has the heart of a lion, is loved throughout the community, and is a tremendous source of leadership both on and off the ice.

Please shake your head and try watching the game a whole lot more attentively!

This is a joke post isn't it? Because there is no way you can seriously mean what you say!

Burrows is brilliant! Even if you cast aside his invaluable role as an agitator, he is a fantastic two way player, penalty killer and solid contributor on offence. He has the heart of a lion, is loved throughout the community, and is a tremendous source of leadership both on and off the ice.

Please shake your head and try watching the game a whole lot more attentively!

:lol: Sorry but you been had. Look at the thread start date. Started even before Burrows was a regular on the first line. Although most could already appreciate his effort on the ice already. The length of the thread, coinciding with the years of consistent service to the Canucks and fans Burrows has given since, is the joke.

Easy mistake for a CDC rookie. Your handle forgives you. ;)

This thread.... do we really need it anymore?

The troll won. He got buttloads of attention and became famous on CDC with this thread. Good job guys. You let clutch win.

...win....the Ron MacLean golden raspberry troll award. And he wins it every day this thread exists.