The Official Site of the Vancouver Canucks
Canucks Community

Hunter Shinkaruk | C/W

-Vintage Canuck-

For a player his size, he may not have strength in terms of physicality, but he has mighty strength holding the puck, winning board battles, etc. He's very hard to get the puck off of. 

Our depth kinda lacks in players that are able to generate offense. Shinkaruk, on any given line, will be able to generate offense. 

8 hours ago, N4ZZY said:

I don't think Vrbata is coming back. Hansen might be on his way out.  

So this is what I see. IF Hansen is back. 

Sedins-Hansen

Baer-Horvat-Virtanen

Shink-Sutter-Etem

Burr-McCann-Dorsett

IF Hansen and Burr isn't back: 

Sedins-Sutter

Baer-Horvat-Virtanen

Shink-McCann-Etem

Prust-Gaunce-Dorsett

Dunno if Prust is back, but not sure how else would be bottom six. 

I think your first lineup is pretty accurate. I do not see Hanson going anywhere. He is to versatile. Likely Bur goes to a playoff contender and Dorsett stays because he is cheaper and younger. Highly doubt Prust is back. Either way Benning will have CAP space to sign a UFA if needed.  

9 hours ago, N4ZZY said:

Shink-McCann-Etem

I don't know if we'll see that line next year other than maybe pre-season and/or in short spurts but I'm also salivating at the thought of it. They're young but they seem like they'd be just deadly. Especially as our third line against lesser opponents.

Our 4th line is a bit up in the air IMO but I'd love to see this as our top 9 next year:

Sedin, Sedin, Hansen
Baer, Horvat, Sutter
Shink, McCann, Etem

4th line could be Burrows on LW if he's still here, centre could be any of Cracknell, Vey, Gaunce, Friesen or a UFA etc and Dorsett on RW.

Kenins/Grenier spare (or one playing if Burr is moved/bought out etc). As I said, 4th is up in the air.

Virtanen IMO should play at least part of the season in Utica but if he's beyond that...holy depth batman. Someone else will have to be moved at that point IMO.

2 hours ago, Odd. said:

For a player his size, he may not have strength in terms of physicality, but he has mighty strength holding the puck, winning board battles, etc. He's very hard to get the puck off of. 

Our depth kinda lacks in players that are able to generate offense. Shinkaruk, on any given line, will be able to generate offense. 

I agree he could.  But I hope they insulate him with good offensive players so he doesn't start playing with tunnel vision, knowing/thinking his linemates won't be able to help much.

9 minutes ago, manroth19 said:

If boeser pans out like we hope ( one shot scorer type ) shink mccann boeser could be a line we very well see and produce.

I would prefer Boeser on Horvats line, that way you can get the size element on both lines. more like....

Baerschi - Horvat - Boeser

Shinkaruk - McCann - Virtanen

5 hours ago, wshdrvvn said:

I agree he could.  But I hope they insulate him with good offensive players so he doesn't start playing with tunnel vision, knowing/thinking his linemates won't be able to help much.

me too. i hope shink is given a top six opportunity. 

1 minute ago, N4ZZY said:

Might work. I'd rather have Virtanen on Baer and Bo's line. 

Keep Etem with McCann and Shink :D

I'm actually hoping they put Sutter on Bo's RW.

Middle 6:

Baer, Horvat, Sutter
Shink, McCann, Etem/Virtanen

On ‎1‎/‎14‎/‎2016 at 9:01 AM, J.R. said:

I don't know if we'll see that line next year other than maybe pre-season and/or in short spurts but I'm also salivating at the thought of it. They're young but they seem like they'd be just deadly. Especially as our third line against lesser opponents.

Our 4th line is a bit up in the air IMO but I'd love to see this as our top 9 next year:

Sedin, Sedin, Hansen
Baer, Horvat, Sutter
Shink, McCann, Etem

4th line could be Burrows on LW if he's still here, centre could be any of Cracknell, Vey, Gaunce, Friesen or a UFA etc and Dorsett on RW.

Kenins/Grenier spare (or one playing if Burr is moved/bought out etc). As I said, 4th is up in the air.

Virtanen IMO should play at least part of the season in Utica but if he's beyond that...holy depth batman. Someone else will have to be moved at that point IMO.

Virtanen in Utica??? Seriously?, I think that ship has sailed dude. Man, are you clued out or what.

12 minutes ago, two drink minimum said:

Virtanen in Utica??? Seriously?, I think that ship has sailed dude. Man, are you clued out or what.

Uh huh... solid argument there:rolleyes:

Virt could certainly fit on the 4th if we move Burrows and be an option for injuries further up the lineup. 

23 minutes ago, J.R. said:

Uh huh... solid argument there:rolleyes:

Virt could certainly fit on the 4th if we move Burrows and be an option for injuries further up the lineup. 

I wouldn't be shocked to see Virtanen and McCann start next year in the AHL.  At least for the start of the year.  I think Shinkaruk has earned an extended look in the NHL but it's hard to find the roster spots, especially if we do use some of our cap and go after some UFA's.  A first line of Hunter - McCann - Virtanen in the AHL would be scary good, leaving us with something like

Sedin, Sedin, Hansen
Lucic, Sutter, Burrows
Baer, Horvat, Etem
Gaunce, Vey, Dorsett

1 hour ago, two drink minimum said:

I think you're clued out. Virtanen would be in the AHL right now if he were eligible and I think it's more likely he starts there next year then in Vancouver.

Baertschi and Shinkaruk will bounce around the middle 6 until the Sedins retire. It's going to be a battle between those two for who can step up into the 1LW role and replace Daniel. I think Horvat is going to win the center battle for 1C to replace Henrik, but LW is more up in the air. Shinkaruk, Baertschi, or Etem can really step up and take it within 2 and a half more seasons. I think Hunter is going to be that guy though.

14 hours ago, ThaManbeast said:

I think you're clued out. Virtanen would be in the AHL right now if he were eligible and I think it's more likely he starts there next year then in Vancouver.

Jake is here to stay. Perhaps he goes to back JR after game 39 this year but the Canucks will commit to him being here full time next year. The writings on the wall. Done deal

4 hours ago, TheLiveWire said:

Baertschi and Shinkaruk will bounce around the middle 6 until the Sedins retire. It's going to be a battle between those two for who can step up into the 1LW role and replace Daniel. I think Horvat is going to win the center battle for 1C to replace Henrik, but LW is more up in the air. Shinkaruk, Baertschi, or Etem can really step up and take it within 2 and a half more seasons. I think Hunter is going to be that guy though.

The Sedins are signed until 2018 and might still be signed after that. Apart from Henriks current injury he's playing through these guys are in incredible shape, they may play second line IF some one can show they're better

Archived