The Official Site of the Vancouver Canucks
Canucks Community

[Report] No Contract Extension Talk Between Vancouver Canucks and Zack Kassian

Your point invalid because the so called "plug" sestito seems to be able to put up points and out play kassian right now

Hard to say; Sestito knows his role on the team, and therefore the pressure may not be as daunting. Whereas Kassian and the rest of us want him to take a bigger role on the team which he isn't getting (or deserving?) yet; it has to be a lot more frustrating for him than for us, and probably affecting his play.

Not agreeing Sestito is a plug though.

It is strange how Booth is suddenly on the top line instead of Kassian, but I guess Torts would know best. I'd like to see more of this though:

Your point invalid because the so called "plug" sestito seems to be able to put up points and out play kassian right now

Kassian 5G1A

Sestito 2G 0A

Sure Kassian has had better linemates and more ice time, but he also gets tougher opponents.

He is worth about $875k a season, maybe $1.9 million over 2 years max. he will be a stud on this team once he finds himself. The people who hate him based on literally nothing except a trade are the worst type of "fans" out there and seriously don't understand this sport nor the types of players in it

Yeah he's clearly a bust at 22.

We may as well just throw in the towel and watch him develop on another team...

I can't believe how Canucks fans never seem to learn from the past.

People said the exact same thing about Grabner, and then whined when he broke out after we traded him.

If fans don't have enough patience to follow young players development, then don't even bother commenting on them.

If we hadn't traded for kass and had kept hodgson, do you think we would have drafted nichuskin instead of horvat seeing as both horvat and hodgson are centres.

Imagine.

Sedin-sedin-Kesler

Burrows-hodgson-nichuskin

I would prefer (since this is a hindsight projection)

Sedin-Sedin-Kesler

Grabner-Hodgson-Nichushkin

Higgins/Hansen-Santorelli-Burrows

I can't believe how Canucks fans never seem to learn from the past.

People said the exact same thing about Grabner, and then whined when he broke out after we traded him.

If fans don't have enough patience to follow young players development, then don't even bother commenting on them.

Ha, De Niro can we get a list of players we've given up on over the last 25 years under the age of 25 and see how it pans out?

I'm not saying that Kassian is destined for the same career; however, recall that Todd Bertuzzi didn't start figuring out the NHL until his fifth season. As disappointing as Kassian's career has started, it's still too early to give up on him in only his third year.

Ha, De Niro can we get a list of players we've given up on over the last 25 years under the age of 25 and see how it pans out?

25 years? How about the last 5.

Grabner and Hodgson. Fans whined that they were both busts before they broke out. Hell people even whined about Bourdon, calling him a bust and including him in every trade proposal.

Not to mention fans are already on Jensen and Shinkaruk calling them busts because they're not putting up points.

Following prospects takes patience. If you don't have it, then don't waste your time.

Grabner and Hodgson. Fans whined that they were both busts before they broke out. Hell people even whined about Bourdon, calling him a bust and including him in trade proposals.

Not to mention fans are already on Jensen and Shinkaruk calling them busts because they're not putting up points. following prospects takes patience. If you don't have it, then don't waste your time.

thank you someone knows a thing or to

Grabner and Hodgson. Fans whined that they were both busts before they broke out. Hell people even whined about Bourdon, calling him a bust and including him in every trade proposal.

Not to mention fans are already on Jensen and Shinkaruk calling them busts because they're not putting up points.

Following prospects takes patience. If you don't have it, then don't waste your time.

Ok I will start with the obvious players over the last 25 years with the first being a throw in. These are players under the age of 25. Players we gave up but should have kept. Players some called "busts" or nobodies due to poor production early on. CoHo will be the obvious standout as he was putting up points regularly.

Cam Neely to Boston.

Igor Larionov (Via Waivers to San Jose)

Doug Lidster (was a future consideration pick) to New York

Jiri Slegr to edmonton (whome we ended up getting anyways)

Mike Peca to Buffalo

Marek Malik (whom we traded back for later on)

Steve Staios (waiver pick up from boston who we let walk)

Rj Umberger (who we weren't signing anyways)

Jason King (concussion issues, poor guy)

Mike Grabner

Cody Hodgson

Alex Sulzer

Now I know some of those are obvious standouts and some were who knows and one of them was actually a draft pick we never really held. But imagine this team had we held some of those guys. The return on almost ALL of them was marginal at best.

And now people are clamouring to trade Gaunce, Shinkaruk, Jensen and whatever prospect or pick is the flavour of the day for whatever player is the flavour of the week according to rumour X or Y.

Kassian will pan out if we give him time. Imagine the happy sneers if he is traded, and then the immediate reversal if he goes on to be a regular 50 point guy/20 goal scoring wrecking ball somewhere else. Patience is great, hindsight is even better. but the truth of the matter is Vancouver has been on the losing end of just about every trade where we've given up 1st round picks or prospects under the age of 25. Kinda wanting a shade more development and patience before people start throwing everyone out the door in a vain attempt to compete this year only.

Because you know, that mentality has gotten this team so many cups right?

Sestito has outplayed him physically but has 2g 0a. Kassian has 5g 1a. So I guess your point is invalid as well.

Archived