The Official Site of the Vancouver Canucks
Canucks Community

[PGT] Things are not adding up guys.

It's a process

Burrows and Edler are costing this team wins right now. Edler and Garrison are hopeless as a pairing, a combined -6 tonight against one of the worst offences in the league.

The Canucks have to either get these guys playing the way they did last year or scratch them or trade them. I'm sick of people defending Burrows, he's been BY FAR the worst Canuck to date yet he continues to get prime minutes. This guy is done. Get him out of our team, or at least off our top line where he's bringing down his linemates. Meanwhile we've got guys like Kassian, Booth, Schroeder etc. working their asses off for 10 minutes a game.

Despite injuries, we should scratch these two clowns. Go into the next game like this against Chicago and we'll put up a fight:

Sedin - Kesler - Higgins

Kassian - Schroeder - Booth (this line has had lots of chemistry and success before)

Hansen - Richardson - Weise

Sestito - Dalpe - Archibald/Ferriero

Hamhuis - Tanev

Bieksa - Garrison

Stanton - Weber

Not to panic or anything but I have to admit, I am starting to lose faith. Maybe it is time to blow the team up. Perhaps trading the Sedins for high pics is what is best for the future. Even unload some of our defenseman for bright young stars. Something to consider. Especially since we have proven young goalie in Lack, and a boatload of talent in the minors.

Thats my only thing against MG. Letting vital players like Salo and Ehrhoff leave.

Sooner or later those guys were going to depart either because of age (Salo) or because of contract situations (Erhoff). I didnt think Erhoff was worth the money Buffalo game him. Ironic that the only worse pp than Vancouver right now is Buffalo where Erhoff plays.

Salo was a key and he needed to be replaced with someone just as competent. Gillis failed.

No team, to my knowledge, has won a cup without a D man that can rush the puck, have the ability QB the PP from the point, and play big minutes against the other teams top players.

This team will go nowhere without a stud D-man. As much as I like guys like Hamhuis and Tanev and even Garrison, they are not the answer.

I thought Edler might morph into that 50+ point stud D man - but he looks like a lost cause right now.

Burrows and Edler are costing this team wins right now. Edler and Garrison are hopeless as a pairing, a combined -6 tonight against one of the worst offences in the league.

The Canucks have to either get these guys playing the way they did last year or scratch them or trade them. I'm sick of people defending Burrows, he's been BY FAR the worst Canuck to date yet he continues to get prime minutes. This guy is done. Get him out of our team, or at least off our top line where he's bringing down his linemates. Meanwhile we've got guys like Kassian, Booth, Schroeder etc. working their asses off for 10 minutes a game.

Despite injuries, we should scratch these two clowns. Go into the next game like this against Chicago and we'll put up a fight:

Sedin - Kesler - Higgins

Kassian - Schroeder - Booth (this line has had lots of chemistry and success before)

Hamhuis - Tanev

Bieksa - Garrison

Stanton - Weber

I get that the team is dealing with a couple injuries but having Higgins and Booth in the top 6 on any team IMO is asking for trouble - aka - no goals.

So your telling me you would bench Daniel Sedin? Replacing him with whom exactly? Ok buddy thanks for coming out.

What reasoning do you have against benching someone doing absolutely nothing on the ice? Because he's Daniel Sedin? That's your reason? You scare easy, don't you.

Bring Lain back, hell even Weise. He's scored more goals than Daniel in the last ten games. Giving top line minutes to Daniel is wasteful. Kesler is at least setting up goals.

Sedin is the highest paid player on the ice and plays like a Utica call up. If being benched hurts his ego....good.Sullivan is scared to do it though. Tortorella should be the one laying the law down. Buddy.

Sedin - Kesler - Higgins

Hamhuis - Tanev

Bieksa - Garrison

Stanton - Weber

did you watch the amount of good offensive forrays booth killed with his horrible passing tonight?

Burrows may be snake bitten but at least he has hockey IQ, unlike tunnelvision Yosemite sam.

why is everyone surprised?

this team just isn't good enough

I'm not surprised.

Ticked off.

But not surprised.

I expected more.

As good as December was, January has been a nightmare.

Looking forward to the Olympic break - I still have hope that the Canucks will find themselves.

Oh, and no, unlike some here. I do NOT have the answer to how they will do that.

I still have hope.

Sedin - Kesler - Higgins

Hamhuis - Tanev

Bieksa - Garrison

Stanton - Weber

Daniel is an empty uniform. The guy contributes absolutely nothing to this team right now. He's slow, can't pass, shoot, hit, check or skate. Still...you've penciled him onto the first line. Exactly how is he an upgrade on Burrows?

Not to panic or anything but I have to admit, I am starting to lose faith. Maybe it is time to blow the team up. Perhaps trading the Sedins for high pics is what is best for the future. Even unload some of our defenseman for bright young stars. Something to consider. Especially since we have proven young goalie in Lack, and a boatload of talent in the minors.

I've lost faith one month or so ago.. This team just play with no passion and heart.. Sucks for the ppl pay to see this..

At points he looked like he was dominating. I guess he thought the same thing, cause at the end of the game there , he though he was Pavel Bure again.

lol I'm sure he'll get there one day, he is developing into a good player.

He meant a lot to the fans too. I was at the Tampa game and he was given a nice ovation.

He was definitely my favorite Canucks Defense man, top 3 overall favorite Canucks. I was so sad to see him go.

At the beginning of the season, I said I didn't think the Canucks would make the playoffs. Despite my lack of expectations, it still kills me to see them play the way they did tonight.

I don't believe the Canucks should look to find players at the deadline for a cup run because I don't think they are good enough. I don't think there is a player out there that can make such a drastic difference for this team.

If you look at likely opponents, we may face teams like Anaheim, Chicago, etc. and I don't think we can beat those teams in a 7 game series. That's just realistic. Nothing I've seen this season has made me think otherwise.

The Canucks need to retool and do it quickly if they're to avoid a late disastrous rebuild a la the Flames. They should be focusing all of their efforts on player development and they should be taking big chunks of the current roster and moving it for youth/picks.

I'm not content to lose in the first round, and then be left holding an empty sack with no prospects because we've overestimated our chances at winning this year.

It ain't happening.

I agree. But if we have another month like December we're all of a sudden right back in the thick of things.

The type of rebuild I would like to see is we keep a certain number of veterans and build around the young guys.

Sedin - Sedin - _____

_____ - Kesler - Kassian

Higgins - _____ - Burrows

_____ - Richardson - Santorelli

Hamhuis - Tanev

Garrison - _____

Stanton - Bieksa/_____

_____

Lack

We could get a pretty heavy return for most of our players. Adding those players into the roster and injecting some youth will do nothing but good things for this club.

why is everyone surprised?

this team just isn't good enough

No surprise at all. It hasn't been good enough for over 2 years.

The surprise is all the hockey experts on here that think that this almost three year old downward trend will suddenly and magically be turned around by the same aging and stale core.

I agree. But if we have another month like December we're all of a sudden right back in the thick of things.

The type of rebuild I would like to see is we keep a certain number of veterans and build around the young guys.

Sedin - Sedin - _____

_____ - Kesler - Kassian

Higgins - _____ - Burrows

_____ - Richardson - Santorelli

Hamhuis - Tanev

Garrison - _____

Stanton - Bieksa/_____

_____

Lack

We could get a pretty heavy return for most of our players. Adding those players into the roster and injecting some youth will do nothing but good things for this club.

Yes but consider that despite the torrid pace of our December, we only climbed up to what ~6th or ~7th place?

That's how hard it is in the west.

Archived