The Official Site of the Vancouver Canucks
Canucks Community

[Official] 2014 NHL Entry Draft Discussion Thread

With what proof? Virtanen has not proven anything yet. You're just making stupid accusations.

You also complained how weak this draft is and now Virtanen is an all star power forward?

You are arguably one of the most hypocritical, idiotic and ignorant posters on this forum.

can you name one player in the draft that has proven anything ?

I don't know who you think Krejci is, but he's 6' and 188lbs.

And there is no such thing as redundancy when it comes to skilled, two way players.

Btw - Little scored 64 points last year. I'd take that.

Little also scored over 100 points in his draft year, McCann was just under PPG.

Just with all the guys we have like him, I feel Scherbak, a big, hard nosed, offensive winger would have been better. But time will tell.

I like McCann, it just feels like a redundant choice.

I wouldn't compare him to Little at all. Much more of a two way presence, with less flash.

Centers have to be able to play in their own zone. The guy takes care of his own zone, and has great hockey IQ that he can make plays with. Exactly what you want in a center.

Save the skill for the wings. I want a center that can win draws, backcheck, and set up his wingers. Selecting the flashiest player rarely works out. Not that McCaan doesn't have underrated skill.

Little is a very good two-way player, Little was drafted to be a scorer, but has become more of a two-way player in Winnipeg, and the player he is now is what I think McCann will be.

I'm not disagreeing with what McCann brings, his natural skill is good, nice shot, good IQ.

My problem is that we already have Horvat, Gaunce & Cassels, all similar players, bring the same elements, with similar upsides, and there was a big offensive winger on the board.

My problem is that we already have Horvat, Gaunce & Cassels, all similar players, bring the same elements, with similar upsides, and there was a big offensive winger on the board.

They also have Jensen, Shinkaruk and now Virtanen - three young wingers that can put the puck in the net;

Archived