The Official Site of the Vancouver Canucks
Canucks Community

[GDT] CANADA VS SWEDEN GOLD MEDAL GAME

goalie13

lol if Sweden gets 2 goals.. we are in trouble.. haven't scored more than 1 goal in regulation against any of the NHL caliber goalies.. and Lundqvist have been playing lights out for the last 6 weeks.. either we'll win 1-0 or we'll lose 2-1 just coz we have next to 0 offense

Conversely Canada hasn't allowed more than 1 goal in any game in the entire tournament. They're ready for a lowscoring game

I wonder what color jersey they will wear.

2002 white - gold.

2010 white - gold.

I think they will be wearing red, like today.

The U.S. were higher ranked after the preliminary round, so they were the designated home team. The same would be true for Sweden.

Damn Carter looked good in today's game, didn't know he was such a great checker.

I remember awhile back CDC called Carter the biggest floater in the NHL, when he was with the Flyers.

There was a rumour deal that would have brought him to Vancouver, but Nonis didn't what to part ways with Edler. I think it was something like, Edler, a 1st round pick, and a prospect for Carter.

or luongo

he could just replace an injured price with 5 minutes left

and canada up by a goal

sweden pulls its goalie

luongo clears puck down the ice into an empty net

sweden then scores a goal with goalie again pulled

canada wins

luongo`s goal stands up as the winner

hurray

NOOOOOO!!!!!! stop putting the quote after the comments!! PLEASE @$!%!^!&#&*$^*$@%#&@%

I hate that they have Canadian refs reffing Canada's games. That puts them in an awkward position where any PP they give Canada will be over-scrutinized. Maybe they are the best refs in the world, but I think it is a tough position to put them in.

I'm still confused how that's allowed. CBC radio had one of the women's refs on last week, from what I remember her saying not only are they not allowed to call their own country's games, but they're not even allowed to walk around outside the arena with any kind of identifying clothing on.

So, it's different for the men, or just for these Olympics, or, what?

Archived