The Official Site of the Vancouver Canucks
Canucks Community

[Official] Toronto Blue Jays Major League Baseball thread

The Stork

I just heard of the Hendricks for Chavez deal. I really don't like it.

I'm just really not enjoying anything Blue Jays related since the last loss, excluding the Estrada re-signing. It would ease me if it was AA wheeling and dealing instead.

Edit: I also liked the Donaldson MVP winning as well, obviously. Good for him.

Edited by g_bassi13

On November 21, 2015 at 5:16:56 PM, g_bassi13 said:

I just heard of the Hendricks for Chavez deal. I really don't like it.

I'm just really not enjoying anything Blue Jays related since the last loss, excluding the Estrada re-signing. It would ease me if it was AA wheeling and dealing instead.

Edit: I also liked the Donaldson MVP winning as well, obviously. Good for him.

I think this ensures Osuna and Sanchez are staying in the pen.  But, yeah, I would think what Hendricks can do in the bullpen is more valuable than what Chavez can do as the swing man, which begs the question of why make the trade.  Only thing I can think of is Lacava/Shapiro really wanted more SP depth.  Gotta believe they're not done with the rotation...it's begging for a solid lefty.

http://www.tsn.ca/report-could-price-return-to-jays-1.398661

Here are Cubs rumors I just talked about on @espn1000. Price might be heading back to Tor. $ might be too rich. Plus Tor might be his fav.

David Price's tenure with the Toronto Blue Jays might not be over just yet.

The Cubs are believed to be a frontrunner for the 30-year-old's services based on the club's willingness to spend money on free agent talent and Price's relationship with Cubs manager Joe Maddon, under whom Price played for parts of seven seasons with the Tampa Bay Rays.

Acquired by the Blue Jays from the Detroit Tigers in August, the lefty was instrumental in the Jays' American League East title and return to the postseason for the first time since 1993. With the Tigers and Jays, Price was 18-5 with a league-leading 2.45 ERA and a WHIP 1.076. He finished second in the AL Cy Young voting behind Dallas Keuchel of the Houston Astros and was ninth in MVP voting. Teammate Josh Donaldson claimed the award.

The Blue Jays have already retained one free agent starter when they came to terms with Marco Estrada on a two-year, $24 million deal last week.

14 minutes ago, Wild Sean Monahan said:

Boy...would that solve some problems....Price...Stroman...Estrada..Dickey...Chavez/Hutch/Sanchez/

I actually think you could move Dickey to 5 starter and maybe go with a 6 man rotation to start

Edited by ShakyWalton

Price said on his Twitter that the rumour is untrue.

David Price ‏@DAVIDprice14
I can always tell the big rumor days...tons of mentions when I haven't even said anything!! I love you all BUT I'm going to play in Japan

12 hours ago, ShakyWalton said:

Boy...would that solve some problems....Price...Stroman...Estrada..Dickey...Chavez/Hutch/Sanchez/

I actually think you could move Dickey to 5 starter and maybe go with a 6 man rotation to start

I still don't buy that Price is returning to the Jays and frankly, I'd prefer spending the money on a couple of younger arms, but in the scenario above, I'd move Hutch to the long reliever role. They're going to need someone in that spot with Hendricks' departure.

• Upvote 1

12 hours ago, Jiggs50 said:

David Price has told close associates he's planning on staying in #Toronto 
Jays & Price still hammering out details

That tweet is from a pretty solid twitter dude. Believe it or not up to you. I believe it. Price is staying!!!!

It is Incarcerated Bob, so I won't get too excited yet  But that does sound really promising. 

1 hour ago, Pears said:

It is Incarcerated Bob, so I won't get too excited yet  But that does sound really promising. 

He's usually pretty money when it comes to big news. I remember seeing his tweet about Peyton Manning going to the Broncos a lot earlier than mainstream media reporting it and I was posting it everywhere but nobody believed me until when finally, Peyton announced his decision and everyone looked like fools.

Toronto would be a good choice imo for Price for more reasons than simply culture or the quality of their team - there's also the makeup of the offense, which, even on an off-day for a pitcher, can outscore their mistakes, taking a lot of pressure off.  I think it would be a good fit for him to try to get that playoff monkey off his back as well.  He'd certainly be well received in Toronto if he elected to return.

28 minutes ago, TheRussianRocket. said:

So Ray Lewis flew out to Providence, met with the Bills, and gave them a "beat the Patriots" pep talk. Lmao...this guy is so bitter against us it's hilarious.

Best part was pregame when he says on air he would take Rex over BB "all day". And then in the back you see Steve Young's reaction cracking up on the inside thinking wth is wrong with Ray? Priceless ::D

3 minutes ago, TheRussianRocket. said:

@MattLombardo975: "Players know his Bull**** methods don't work. They've tuned him out" Agent says Chip Kelly lost the team. #Eagles https://t.co/ypABMhNEOy

rip kelly & eagles

guy single handedly destroyed that team lol

wrong thread for these!