The Official Site of the Vancouver Canucks
Canucks Community

[Botchford] Kesler gave a list of 6 (revisited)

Source to prove these were actually proposed by Anaheim and Chicago?

http://www.hockeybuzz.com/blog.php?post_id=60628&blogger_id=128

This blogger is on the Hawks Payroll, so you can always count on him for Hawks deal posturing. Interestingly enough, the few sentences about Shaw have been removed since earlier today.

Either someone from the Hawks decided they didn't want that out there and had it pulled from the article, or I'm making the whole thing up,

and since this is CDC I'm pretty sure you'll opt for that later, c'est la vie!

The Ducks offer happened at the deadline and came from Bryan Murry himself addressing a group of season ticket holders who wanted to know why the Kesler deal didn't happen. They asked, he answered, he was very forthright and told them exactly what he had on the table and how amazed he was that the Canucks passed.

This blogger is on the Hawks Payroll, so you can always count on him for Hawks deal posturing. Interestingly enough, the few sentences about Shaw have been removed since earlier today.

Either someone from the Hawks decided they didn't want that out there and had it pulled from the article, or I'm making the whole thing up,

The Ducks offer happened at the deadline and came from Bryan Murry himself addressing a group of season ticket holders who wanted to know why the Kesler deal didn't happen. They asked, he answered, he was very forthright and told them exactly what he had on the table and how amazed he was that the Canucks passed.

bryan murray works for the senators.

all that bob murray, gm of the ducks, told season ticket holders was that he put all of his picks in the next two drafts on the table.

the rest is speculation.

I'm not sure that's the actual reason in this case.

Could the Ducks not be under a little more pressure (thus willing to overpay) due to their proximity to the Kings? They could easily become an afterthought with the Kings success. I don't imagine they sell out every night as it is and fans could easily make the drive to Staples to watch a 'winner'. LA has been known to be a bandwagon town. My hope is Benning can use this to pry 3 first rounders (2 in 14 and their 15) out of them.

No, I mean the ones where ANH offered us 10th, 24th, Etem or Pallmieri, and their 2015 1st and CHI offered us Shaw and TT

As others have said, the only rumour out of Anaheim was that they were looking at multiple trades (including looking at Vanek) and had both 1sts and both 2nds on the table at the deadline to try and get deals done. There was never specific confirmation that all those picks were offered for Kesler alone.

http://www.yardbarker.com/nhl/articles/ducks_see_limited_action_at_trade_deadline/15938204

The Ducks were rumored to be in the mix for two of the day's prized names, Vancouver center Ryan Kesler and Islanders left winger Thomas Vanek. It came right down to the final minutes with the Ducks still in the mix with Vanek and willing to give up all four of this year's first- and second-round draft picks. Top prospect Emerson Etem was also rumored to be in the mix, but general manager Bob Murray said it was only the entire load of draft picks.

"I thought we were going down the right track for most of the day," Murray said before the Ducks played the Habs. "We were trying to accomplish something, it obviously didn't get done. It's funny, you asked me the question about how many picks, I had four this year in the top two rounds. And lets put it this way, every one of those picks was in play today."

That article actually attributed the picks put out there more to Vanek, while others I've seen have attributed them more to an offer for Kesler. We know they weren't all offered in one deal though.

As far as Chicago, I've never heard any plausible rumour on them even making a serious offer, just that they had interest - and of course your 'source' is conveniently no longer available.

Just had a thought pertaining to this Kesler trade. I was thinking what if we packaged him with Corrado and a midround pick and got back Saad, Teravainen, Oduya, and their 1st round pick. They need to alleviate some capspace on their back end and Corrado allows them to do that. They also fill a hole at 2nd line center with Kesler, which is bigger than the hole they make with Saad. Plus it gives us a chance to move Tanev in way that allows the team to move up in the draft. Both of those Hawk defensemen are better than Tanev.

As others have said, the only rumour out of Anaheim was that they were looking at multiple trades (including looking at Vanek) and had both 1sts and both 2nds on the table at the deadline to try and get deals done. There was never specific confirmation that all those picks were offered for Kesler alone.

http://www.yardbarker.com/nhl/articles/ducks_see_limited_action_at_trade_deadline/15938204

That article actually attributed the picks put out there more to Vanek, while others I've seen have attributed them more to an offer for Kesler. We know they weren't all offered in one deal though.

As far as Chicago, I've never heard any plausible rumour on them even making a serious offer, just that they had interest - and of course your 'source' is conveniently no longer available.

I stand by what said.

And these things have a way of coming out in the wash,

Hopefully, when this deal is done some of the offers will be made public, and then we'll see where we stand.

Till then...believe what you wish,

Back to work now

I stand by what said.

And these things have a way of coming out in the wash,

Hopefully, when this deal is done some of the offers will be made public, and then we'll see where we stand.

Till then...believe what you wish,

Back to work now

Believe what you want, but if they haven't been already reported by reliable sources then all you're doing is pure speculation. Eklund and @HockeyyInsiderr do that daily, how far does it get them on respected reporters list?

I'll happily await a reliable source from you, either old or new, before, during or after any eventual trade. Post it here, PM me, whatever.

Oshie rumor and other like it are giving us an idea of where Trev/Benn are at,

They want to win now, so that means no Kesler for picks/prospects and no full rebuild.

The trouble with asking for established players is we will probably get someone younger than Kes, but not as good.

If only this had happened last year, when Segin was available....

This And That

From TSN Hockey Insider Pierre LeBrun on Wednesday:

The Los Angeles Kings have already reached out to Marian Gaborik's camp to try to get something done to keep the pending UFA in the fold.

Pending UFA defenceman Andrei Markov of the Montreal Canadiens remains unsigned as the clock ticks toward July 1. "No news. I don't expect anything to happen any time soon," Markov's agent, former NHLer Sergei Berezin, told LeBrun via text Wednesday morning. "But you never know."

Agent Steve Bartlett remains in talks with the Tampa Bay Lightning about pending UFA Ryan Callahan: "Good-faith talks with Tampa continue, hard to handicap at this point," Bartlett said via email Wednesday morning.

Avalanche of issues

As per TSN Hockey Insider Darren Dreger on TSN Radio 1050 on Wednesday, the Colorado Avalanche will have some difficult decisions to make surrounding Ryan O'Reilly and Paul Stastny. One of these situations will definitely get messy and one wonders if Stastny will take a "home town discount."

Bolland Banter

While speculation continues to surround the Toronto Maple Leafs and pending UFA Dave Bolland, TSN Hockey Insider Darren Dreger told TSN Radio 1050 on Wednesday that as significant as Bolland is to the Leafs, there is a contract number in mind that the team is not comfortable going over.

Singing The Blues?

As per Andy Strickland of St. Louis's Big 550 KTRS, the Blues are Jason Spezza's top choice as a possible trade destination.

Strickland adds that Spezza believes he's headed to either the Blues or the Anaheim Ducks.

Not So Fast

Calgary Flames general manager Brad Treliving denied a report over the weekend that suggesting he would offer Jiri Hudler, Mikael Backlund, "possibly" Dennis Wideman and and a draft pick for Ottawa Senators centre Jason Spezza.

"It's categorically false," he told Eric Francis of The Calgary Sun.

"I haven't made any such offers. That's 100 per cent Fantasy Island. I saw it early Sunday online and had to read it a couple times and had to remind myself 'oh ya I'm the Flames GM. Interesting.'"

Treliving added that while he and soon-to-be-free agent Michael Cammalleri are in talks regarding a possible contract, there was nothing to a report that both sides had agreed to his price but were not in agreement on term.

"The only things we're unable to agree on are term and price - other than that we have a deal," he told The Sun.

Pause Button On Kane?

TSN Radio 1260's Gary Lawless wrote in The Winnipeg Free Press on Wednesday that Jets general manager Kevin Cheveldayoff won't deal Evander Kane just for the sake of trading him, as team management believes Kane has yet to reach his full potential and they wouldn't want to see him score 40-plus goals in a different uniform.

Lawless adds that the Jets aren't going to be offered a roster player of equal value and that teams will try to offer picks and prospects.

Market for R.J.

Aaron Portzline of The Columbus Dispatch writes that R.J. Umberger has given the Blue Jackets a list of 10 teams to which he would not approve a trade.

He adds that the Blue Jackets' first choice would be to trade Umberger for a player or a draft pick, but they will likely have to keep some of Umberger's salary to make it happen.

Archived