The Official Site of the Vancouver Canucks
Canucks Community

[Report] Trotz to announce his new coaching job in next 48 hours

Linden and Benning have both said completely difference things when it comes to hiring coach.

Linden stated he wanted experience, career coach and not someone who has no experience who would be just thrown in there.

Whereas today Benning said something entirely different, the coach doesn't necessarily have experience as head coach, but experience winning.

The local media has been talking about Doug Houda as if they've been leaked info that maybe he's getting hired as coach. Benning obviously knows Houda.

Well if he makes a decision without even interviewing here, I think it's pretty obvious he was never a realistic candidate to come here.

Sounds like he's going to Washington.

There's still good coaches out there. I'd be happy with a Stevens and Desjardins combo.

Maybe Linden contacted him and he wasn't interested in coming to Canada.

Trotz did state in a interview that he hadn't heard from Canucks and he has interest in coming here.

I thought Linden has been interviewing coaching candidates.

No disrespect to the OP or the source he's cited, but I'd like to see a corroborating report/second source before I believe this. Like I said, it doesn't make sense to me that Trotz wouldn't listen to all offers before making a decision.

bull, Trotz isn't a Predator anymore so those sources have to be wrong.

Not 100% sure of this but I heard something like Trotz is either still employed by Nashville as part of player development or that Nashville has offered him the job if Trotz doesnt find a gig elsewhere so I would guess Trotz would give the Preds a early heads up about his choice. But I know Trotz has interviewed with Florida recently and with Washington having no GM at this time I think Florida is the obvious landing spot for Trotz

1. The coach doesn't make an announcement...that would be his employer's job.

2. Washington doesn't even have a GM.

3. Like someone else stated...Trotz has a lot of options, so I think he'd want to 'play the field' a bit.

Isn't the team, not the coach, who announces these things?

That's what I was thinking too. When have you ever seen a newly hired coach (or anybody) take the lead on pressers to introduce themselves as a face for an organization?

Archived