The Official Site of the Vancouver Canucks
Canucks Community

[Report] Trotz to announce his new coaching job in next 48 hours

Or maybe he felt like he was the perfect fit in Washington and doesn't see the need to interview with anyone else.

Doesn't make sense to me.

The guy probably just wants Ovechkin if this report is true.

Although Trotz is a good coach, he hasn't won anything, which was something Benning emphasized in his press conference today.

He also said that head coach experience wasn't important.

Desjardins has won a Mem cup, he's coached (as an assistant) at the national level, and his AHL club is currently in the WCF of the Calder Cup. Seems like a strong candidate, though I'm sure there are others as well.

Given Benning's connection to scouting, he may emphasize a coach who knows how to develop talent. Blashill has done an unreal job with Grand Rapids.

I still hope we get Oates, I think he can bring the Sedins back to point per game players, we still have two elite talents. They won their Art Ross trophies only a few years ago, that talent doesn't go away that quickly.

Daniel's never been the same since his concussion unfortunately.

from what Benning said about NTCs, looksl like they will be moving edler

Yeah, the nice thing about a new GM is that he never offered the NTC, so he won't feel as 'guilty' for asking a guy to waive it.

Last summer I was excited to see how Edler would respond to new coaches as he had basically had only one coach his entire pro career (Bowness). That was a disaster. I wouldn't mind seeing how Edler responded to coaches with a little less intensity and a little more thoughtfulness to the game and can treat/talk to players differently based on their personalities.

I don't think he's coming to Vancouver. However, I would totally be happy with John Stevens. Take the asst GM from the bruins, and the asst Coach from the Kings, and you have one potential dynamic duo.

Ya Daniel's finished in my opinion.

My main reason for trading Kesler is actually this.

finished? well he has a nice 7million paycheck waiting for him the next 4 years.. i'm going to predict he scores a grand total of 50 goals in the next 4 years combined so roughly about 500k per goal

1. Washington has no GM

2. Washington has no GM

3. Washington has no GM

4. Washington has no GM

5. Washington has no GM

So hypothetical. Trotz gets hired by Washington. (Which is backwards, why hire a coach, then a GM?) What if the best GM candidate doesn't want Trotz as a coach? Does he get fired? Or do they lose a possible GM candidate because they've already signed a coach?

Or if they do they have a GM in mind, asked about what kind of coach he wants, and under that understanding they hire Trotz? But what if the GM candidate they want, and likes Trotz gets a better offer from Pittsburgh and signs there? What then?

Makes no sense. If it's true the Capitals are turning into the Islanders.

this tweet can be interpreted in a completely different way. it just says that trotz is expected to make an announcement about his new job within 48 hours. maybe the new job they're talking about is his new posting with the predators, and the announcement is that he's declining it to pursue coaching work.

Archived