The Official Site of the Vancouver Canucks
Canucks Community

[Report] Trotz to announce his new coaching job in next 48 hours

Ya Daniel's finished in my opinion.

My main reason for trading Kesler is actually this.

ooooooooor

Split the Sedins and allow Daniel who is still a very good passer to be the playmaker with Kes

Burrows Henrik Jensen was unbelievable, they played like the line of 4 years ago (with Jensen playing like the old Daniel for that stretch). Of course Torts broke that up! lol

This is what told me Daniel was actually the problem on that line.

Daniel (playmaker) Horvat Kesler great second line wingers between our number 1/2 of the future

finished? well he has a nice 7million paycheck waiting for him the next 4 years.. i'm going to predict he scores a grand total of 50 goals in the next 4 years combined so roughly about 500k per goal

I hope you're wrong. Not saying you are.

I have a feeling that it is just mere post-concussion confidence missing a bit. A healthy season from the top line could go far for all three of Daniel, Henrik and Burrows.

The plan seems to be to surround the top six with a tough bottom six and roll four lines. I was a Torts supporter, but here's to a new coach utilizing the Sedins efficiently.

Unfortunately, they are not complete players and cannot "do it all" like Toews does. Then again, those types of players are generational.

ooooooooor

Split the Sedins and allow Daniel who is still a very good passer to be the playmaker with Kes

Burrows Henrik Jensen was unbelievable, they played like the line of 4 years ago (with Jensen playing like the old Daniel for that stretch). Of course Torts broke that up! lol

This is what told me Daniel was actually the problem on that line.

Daniel (playmaker) Horvat Kesler great second line wingers between our number 1/2 of the future

Nope, thats old parts trying to do new things.

Rumor up here in the interior is that Trotz is angling for the assistant coach job with Don Hay in Kamloops. :)

Why would Trotz take a job without talking to the Canucks? How was that conversation to take place without a GM in place. No way

would Linden have that talk before hiring a GM. In no way did I hear Benning say he would not hire a veteran coach. I suggest that

Trotz will get a meeting fairly quickly.

WASH: Have not hired a GM. Is ownership hiring a coach before a GM? Even that org is not that dysfunctional.

FLA: Conflicting stories about how much money new ownership is prepared to spend there. The financial story is still a bad one

there. If money is still an issue then why would Trotz want to have that experience again. Another aspect is attracting new UFA signings and keeping UFA's who can leave. If you were a UFA where would you want to play serious hockey FLA or VAN?

Linden and Benning have both said completely difference things when it comes to hiring coach.

Linden stated he wanted experience, career coach and not someone who has no experience who would be just thrown in there.

Whereas today Benning said something entirely different, the coach doesn't necessarily have experience as head coach, but experience winning.

The local media has been talking about Doug Houda as if they've been leaked info that maybe he's getting hired as coach. Benning obviously knows Houda.

Those things aren't at all "completely different"

Maybe Trotz is going to move into the front office as Washington GM? :shock:

So a Pat Quinn kinda move? That could work. They'd have to bring in a really experienced assistant GM to make it work. I don't think Trotz has experience in contract negotiations, scouting, and cap management.

well since Benning hasn't interviewed anybody and Trotz is announcing his decision its safe to say theres going to be a lot of disappointed vancouver fans that were really hoping to watch this team stand around in the neutral zone night in and night out.

good news for the rest of us and hope OV likes his new coach.

Washington has terrible defence on all fronts. People are probably salivating at the idea of Trotz coming in and showing the Russians how to play responsibly.

I don't think a Vancouver hire would be announced so quickly. They specifically mentioned, not just waiting a week, but that a candidate is still in the playoffs. I doubt they would hire someone so fast. And I hope they haven't.

Personally I wouldn't have a problem with Trotz coming to the team. But I don't feel like he is a standout in the Coach pool. There are several solid options for us. And I'd be disappointed if we didn't grill them all before coming to a decision.

Archived