The Official Site of the Vancouver Canucks
Canucks Community

Elliot Friedman 30 Thoughts: Canucks ha have made offer for 1st overall pick

Is Reinhart a sure bet to be a franchise centre?

I mean, his WHL stats are almost identical to RNH when he was in junior.

Can we give up a 6th, Shink and a roster player say Higgins, for a RNH? I say no. It's not like he is McDavid.

Next years draft is pretty lucrative...teams will be hanging on to their picks IMO...The asking price for #1 overall in 2015 would be ginormous ,make no mistake about that.

Ekblad is clearly going 1st overall.

If we are set on Reinhart we are better off working out a deal with Buffalo.

We have trading history with them already and they need help on all positions.

If we are set on moving up I'd personally just rather gun it for Ekblad, thus being able to part with Tanev who would be great trade bait already.

6th, Tanev, Rights to Schroeder, +? for 1st Overall (Ekblad)

Just...no. Can't do it. There's just this knowing feeling I get about Hunter. His attitude seems very telling. This kid is going to be great! If we let him go, he will make us regret it....

I love Shinkaruk as a player and potential star, but to put it into better perspective look at it from this stand point maybe. What if each of the players involved reach full potential, and who can we compare them to in the trade.

Reinhart(Toews/Tavares) for Shinkaruk(Gaborik), Hansen, 6th(who knows but lets say Ehlers = Nyquist)

Would you be content with getting Tavares for Gaborik, Hansen, and Nyquist?

I highly doubt Tanev will be involved as well.

I love Shinkaruk as a player and potential star, but to put it into better perspective look at it from this stand point maybe. What if each of the players involved reach full potential, and who can we compare them to in the trade.

Reinhart(Toews/Tavares) for Shinkaruk(Gaborik), Hansen, 6th(who knows but lets say Ehlers = Nyquist)

Would you be content with getting Tavares for Gaborik, Hansen, and Nyquist?

I highly doubt Tanev will be involved as well.

i would not. one player does not amke a team. how much is tavares doing now on a shit team? not very well. the goal is cups. you need a complete team to win a cup. this is why Washington has zero and Chicago and la have 4 in the last 6.

Better not be Shinkaruk...I'd rather do Tanev, Jensen, and the 6th for the 1st. I'd be willing to move any other young player not named Horvat or Kassian before Shinkaruk.

Or just do the most logical scenario and trade Kesler to Anaheim for Etem, both 1sts and maybe something else then move Etem, the 6th, 10th and something else. Much better than moving Hunter.

lol @ people saying shinkaruk will be a star in this league. he has proved nothing. I like him as a prospect but he will turn out to be a top 6 players that's about it. he has a higher chance of busting than he does at being a star.

With all due respect.

You say the exact same thing about players like Mantha, Strome, Murray, Reinhart and the like.

Why is Shinkaruk different and having little to not value yet these others are so untouchable?

@Warhippy never said anything about murray. However I will admit to mantha. but lets be honest he has had 2 killer years and brings size to the table. he will be an nhl player. reason I believe reinhart has proved himself is because he has put numbers up in the same category as Tavares. PPG wise. That's pretty impressive. Shinkaruk didn't even come close and he is small and he had a hip injury that will affect his potential.

The thing I like most about Shinkaruk is his drive and compete level, he is a little speed demon, whether his size hinders his ability in the NHL is undetermined, but he definitely has the speed and the capable footwork to get around anyone in the league.

The same praises were made when talking about Jordan Schroeder too..... (I still believe he'll make it into the NHL).

Not saying Shinkaruk won't be an NHLer, but when you can package an unproven prospect coming off a serious injury to help get the #1 pick, you do it.

what is wrong with tanev dam it... i don't get why fans don't like tanev... he is huge for us.... huge!. i think one of our best d man actually. i would disperse of bieska and hamuis garrison and edler before him.

I love Tanev and I think he's worth quite a bit to us. That's why I said we shouldn't give up all 3 pieces. I would still rather give up Tanev and shink/6th than shink and the 6th.

Archived