Canucks Community

Jake Virtanen | #18 | RW

avelanch

Guest Dasein

You're joking right?

Sorry just wanted to confirm that you were talking out of your behinds

Edited by Dasein
  • Upvote 2

Being held off the score-sheet for 40% of your games is definitely concerning.

I hope the Canucks are patient with this one.

I guess but then on the other side of things he has big games when hes on. This means if he didnt sscore in 40 percent of games the his 45 pts were scored in 25 games or so he was on the sheet.

Xx-_I think we should take Jake during off season along with a bunch of other young players and then do light skill training and such and then send him to Calgary a bit before thier pre-season or keep him for our pre-season [whichever comes first]_-xX

I guess but then on the other side of things he has big games when hes on. This means if he didnt score in 40 percent of his games. 45 pts were scored in 25 games, or so. he was on the sheet.

Rekt

No but seriously wrecked, that stat makes my pant d-d-dropp

Id like to see his 5-5 ppg tho...

Edited by Horvat
  • Upvote 1

north-south player, average hockey iq, average vision, good powerful wrist shot, throws punishign hits, cocky and wants to win, average defensive ability, very fast

will max out as a 2nd/low end 1st line wing who has the capabity of 30 goals with the right linemaets

I think it's funny when people try to point out what a player will be in the NHL based on what they are doing in junior at 18 years old like its fact.

Its pretty ridiculous. No one can say what Jake will be until he is well established in his nhl career. He has potential to be a good nhler that can bring lots of different elements to the game.

There's a lot of little things in games that not all players can provide. Jake has the speed, size, and agility to be able to get in and punish opposing teams dmen, even slick skating dmen like keith etc. This is very valuable in a playoff series even if he is not scoring.

His speed will push defensemen back and open up ice for linemates even if he isnt in on the stats.

His shot will make teams have to respect his presence, especially on the PP. Again opening ice for his teammates.

I just feel like with Jake he will be so valuable to the make up of our future core just by what he brings other than scoring.

on top of that he does have potential to contribute offensively.

The future core of guys like Virtanen, Horvat, Kassian, McCann, Kenins, Bartschi, Shinkaruk has the makings of a real good mix of size, speed, skill that should really blend and compliment one another quite nicely.

• Upvote 1

north-south player, average hockey iq, average vision, good powerful wrist shot, throws punishign hits, cocky and wants to win, average defensive ability, very fast

will max out as a 2nd/low end 1st line wing who has the capabity of 30 goals with the right linemaets

Average hockey IQ based on what exactly?

I'm not being negative I'm just stating my opinions. I think CDC is just overly bias/optimistic to our draft picks. Some people still believe in Jensen haha

While it is your opinion, you are being just as negative as people are being positive.

These prospects may or may not make the team. However, providing them with support doesn't exactly hurt now does it? If you want to be negative, then go ahead. Meanwhile, I'm going to hope our track record in drafting improves with a GM with a good scouting record.

• Upvote 1

This SCREAMS Bure to Mogilny.

You'll be banned again soon enough...

Edited by Herberts Vasiljevs
  • Upvote 1

Yeah cause he wants to make the big club next year, and wont unless his defense improves. What an idiot.

Schroeder was working on gis defense. Thats why he wasnt scoring either. That argument is only made when homers have no real explanation as to why a player isnt scoring but dont have the balls to question the players skill/ability.

Edited by debluvscanucks
  • Upvote 2

Schroeder was working on gis defense. Thats why he wasnt scoring either. That argument is only made when homers have no real explanation as to why a player isnt scoring but dont have the balls to question the players skill/ability.

And Schroeder is far from a liability. He has 7 points, and is +9 in 10 games on Minnesota's third line. Unfortunately for him he lost a spot on the roster because of the deadline, but it was not due to lack of production or skill. They would have had to break up other lines, and he was the "easiest" player to scratch because of it.