The Official Site of the Vancouver Canucks
Canucks Community

Jake Virtanen | #18 | RW

avelanch

On 7/31/2018 at 12:52 PM, dpn1 said:

I was listening to 1040 at around 9:00 am and the two guys hosting (can't remember their names) had an interesting idea.  They were saying that it should become a thing that everyone should drink a beeGuinness.JPG.4a21941c342d61cdb4e05a283f3c4d36.JPGr every time Jake scores.  I'm in.  What about you all? ::D

I'll buy myself a nice 12 pack for this purpose and pray I finish it by seasons end.

• Cheers 1
  • Upvote 2

On 2018. 8. 2. at 3:27 PM, ba;;isticsports said:

Pissy?

Lol that is funny how you think that, just because I point out the obvious

Just comparing Virtanen is funny

Why not compare Jake or McDavid to speed skaters?

It means nothing  (even one of them with a hockey background may get points too)

Ever think of how many players want to do and show up McDavid?

He only has to play 80% to be better than most

If any player is trying 110% on a rare shift not to be shown up against him means very little

I guess we should have held onto Cole Cassels too

Virtanen may turn out useful , But hockey is more than speed

Virtanen may be able to punish (I haven't seen enough of that yet, It appears he thinks he is  a goals scoring machine) who doesn't do enough of anything right now

He lead all forwards with 156 Hits last season.. That's including all the newcomers like Schaller and Roussel..

You don't have to obliterate someone along the boards or throw people back 10 feet to make an effective hit......(especially in Today's NHL ruling, that's very hard to do)

From what I saw last year, he was doing what was asked of him by checking/ skating hard at 4th line.

• Cheers 1
  • Upvote 1

On 2018-08-05 at 8:28 AM, LowerMainLander18 said:

He lead all forwards with 156 Hits last season.. That's including all the newcomers like Schaller and Roussel..

You don't have to obliterate someone along the boards or throw people back 10 feet to make an effective hit......(especially in Today's NHL ruling, that's very hard to do)

From what I saw last year, he was doing what was asked of him by checking/ skating hard at 4th line.

When people say Jake doesn’t hit enough I think he’s being held to some unreasonable expectations. He hits plenty. 

I also agree his play in the second half of last season was night and day. He was a hound on the puck. 

• Upvote 1

8 minutes ago, Brovat said:

When people say Jake doesn’t hit enough I think he’s being held to some unreasonable expectations. He hits plenty. 

I also agree his play in the second half of last season was night and day. He was a hound on the puck. 

Hits per 60 is in top 20 in the league.   I guess for some that isn't enough.   Crazy eh?

• Upvote 1

41 minutes ago, Rob_Zepp said:

Hits per 60 is in top 20 in the league.   I guess for some that isn't enough.   Crazy eh?

Everyone has an opinion as skewed as it might be. 

I hope Jake finds a home with Elias. Like literally I hope they live together. 

• Haha 2
  • Upvote 2

On 05/08/2018 at 10:20 PM, Rob_Zepp said:

This is what speed does for you (oh, Guddy, nice pass...:ph34r:)

I do like the way Virtanen and Leipsic play together.  Speed kills and JV's size and Leipsic puck skills balance each other well.  Was really thinking Gaudette would look nice in the middle there before July 1 when it seems they gave AG's NHL spot away.  

• Wat 1

8 hours ago, TGT68 said:

I do like the way Virtanen and Leipsic play together.  Speed kills and JV's size and Leipsic puck skills balance each other well.  Was really thinking Gaudette would look nice in the middle there before July 1 when it seems they gave AG's NHL spot away.  

Oh...who did they give his spot to?

I know the Canucks signed a 4th line centre but I don't think the Canucks signed any 3rd line UFA centres. Who got his spot?

• Like 1

8 hours ago, TGT68 said:

So easy to figure out who listens to TMZ 1040 -- that was what Kuzma said this morning.

• Upvote 1

19 hours ago, Brovat said:

Everyone has an opinion as skewed as it might be. 

I hope Jake finds a home with Elias. Like literally I hope they live together. 

Dude, this exactly. We need to elevate Jake, not relegate Jake. 

Travis probably loves him to death, but can't play a guy who's not 100% dedicated, dreaming of pussy, or slow of wits.

Jake's at least starting to prove that he's focused. 

I personally think he's ready to rip and Travis should start him almost every game, just because he can get the opposition a few ways. Big hit, hard shot, great pressure.. take your pick. Lets see what we actually have and make him elevate.

Edited by Western Red

15 minutes ago, Hutton Wink said:

So easy to figure out who listens to TMZ 1040 -- that was what Kuzma said this morning.

Easy to see that it is you who listens to 1040 and knows that.  Me? I can just count to 16 forwards who require waivers plus Petterssen who is in front of Gaudette and see he isn't being given a fair chance.  

Edited by TGT68
  • Wat 1

7 minutes ago, Western Red said:

Dude, this exactly. We need to elevate Jake, not relegate Jake. 

Travis probably loves him to death, but can't play a guy who's not 100% dedicated, dreaming of pussy, or slow of wits.

Jake's at least starting to prove that he's focused. 

I personally think he's ready to rip and Travis should start him almost every game, just because he can get the opposition a few ways. Big hit, hard shot, great pressure.. take your pick. Lets see what we actually have and make him elevate.

JAKE and ALF dream the same things??!!   

Gross.....(puke). :ph34r: