The Official Site of the Vancouver Canucks
Canucks Community

Jake Virtanen | #18 | RW

avelanch

Here are my lines with Pettersson, unless Dahlen proves hes ready at the beginning of the season.

Baertschi - Horvat - Boeser (Line can put up 70-100 goals)

Leipsic - Pettersson - Virtanen

or

Virtanen - Sutter - Pettersson (Virtanen has shown he was one of the best players in the final run of last year). This allows Pettersson to focus on offence and not worry about being caught off/ being hit around. I'd rather have the Leipsic line tbh. (Line can put up 60 goals)

14 hours ago, PunjabiCanucks said:

Here are my lines with Pettersson, unless Dahlen proves hes ready at the beginning of the season.

Baertschi - Horvat - Boeser (Line can put up 70-100 goals)

Leipsic - Pettersson - Virtanen

or

Virtanen - Sutter - Pettersson (Virtanen has shown he was one of the best players in the final run of last year). This allows Pettersson to focus on offence and not worry about being caught off/ being hit around. I'd rather have the Leipsic line tbh. (Line can put up 60 goals)

70 to100 goals???......That’s a classic!!!

• Wat 2

39 minutes ago, Dats hockey said:

Why do you think 70 is hard Horvat 20 SB 15 BB 35

39 minutes ago, Dats hockey said:

Why do you think 70 is hard Horvat 20 SB 15 BB 35

It was the disparity between 70 and 100 that I found amusing. Perhaps I’m the only one that that get’s it?

8 hours ago, Mad Jon said:

It was the disparity between 70 and 100 that I found amusing. Perhaps I’m the only one that that get’s it?

I only say 70 because thats the minimal the line should get, assuming Horvat gets 22, Baertschi 18, Boeser 30.

However, with more time on offense and powerplay time. These guys could get Horvat 30, Baertschi 25, Boeser 45

Just out of curiousity, do you think if Jake played with Elias, Elias could bring out the goal scoring from Jake?  We know how nifty Elias passing can be and if Jake can get himself into scoring position for some cross-crease passes, he could be in line for a definite uptick in some goals.  Not if but when Elias draws the opposition towards him, he can thread the needle to a wide open Jake for some one-timers.

• Like 1
  • Upvote 1

7 hours ago, Sugar baby watermelon said:

Just out of curiousity, do you think if Jake played with Elias, Elias could bring out the goal scoring from Jake?  We know how nifty Elias passing can be and if Jake can get himself into scoring position for some cross-crease passes, he could be in line for a definite uptick in some goals.  Not if but when Elias draws the opposition towards him, he can thread the needle to a wide open Jake for some one-timers.

I could definitely see it being a magical combination. Jake is fast and strong and though his hands aren't amazing (we'll see how this summer helps), his game sense is pretty decent I think. He could excel with a guy like Pettersson feeding him.

• Like 1
  • Cheers 1

7 hours ago, Sugar baby watermelon said:

Interesting idea. I am one of those fans that think Jake will break out. Putting him with EP is very intriguing. Would be interesting to see if EP can get him scoring again!! Jake on the hard forecheck or stealing pucks and getting them to EP...hmmm.

• Cheers 1

26 minutes ago, Rick_theRyper said:

70 is realistic, but 100 is hopful lol. But I agree 70 is very much exspected if the 3 stay healthy.

Bo - 22 goals, 64 games. 27 over 82.

Baer - 14 goals, 53 games played. 21 over 82.

Boeser - 29 goals, 62 games. 37 over 82.

65 goals total and they missed 18 games, 29 games, and 20 games respectively. 70 if anything is a somewhat bad year for them when healthy. They were on pace for 85 goals last year, on a bottom 10 team with arguably the worst or among to worst d core in the league. I mean, it's not impossible for them to push 100 goals together. But that's assuming they even stick together. Baer is a bit of a question mark on that line, but I think he gels nicely with Bo and makes sense to be in the top 6 with him. Bo and Boeser obviously have really good chemistry as well.

Now back to the topic at hand, which should be Jake Virtanen. 

Jake's been working on his hands this off season (stick handling, passing, etc). He's already faster than any other Canucks player, has one of the best shots on the team, and can lay out punishing hits. I see Jake as a Top 6 player.

Top 6:

Horvat

Pettersson

Boeser

Virtanen

Goldobin

Dahlen

Baertschi?

Leipsic?

• Cheers 1

24 minutes ago, NUCKER67 said:

Jake's been working on his hands this off season (stick handling, passing, etc). He's already faster than any other Canucks player, has one of the best shots on the team, and can lay out punishing hits. I see Jake as a Top 6 player.

Top 6:

Horvat

Pettersson

Boeser

Virtanen

Goldobin

Dahlen

Baertschi?

Leipsic?

It will be a war of attrition for sure.  the only players being gifted spots to start will be Bo Boes and Pete

I'm excited to see our 'depth' to say the least.. ::D  this last summer month seems to be crawling by

2 hours ago, NUCKER67 said:

Top 6:

Horvat

Pettersson

Boeser

Virtanen

Goldobin

Dahlen

Baertschi?

Leipsic?

People really need to get used to the idea that not all of the players on the team or even currently prospects, are likely to still be here in three years. The cream will rise to the top, the rest will be traded, waived or let walk.

• Upvote 1

Nvm where he plays 5v5 this season. What I want is some JV pk time and some more JV ot time. Honestly, not haveing your fastest player on the ice in these two situations seems like a mistake to me. Then again, I’m not coach so maybe there’s a reason TG doesn’t put Jake out on the PK

18 minutes ago, Aardvark said:

Wow, this thread is almost double the amount of pages of even the Burrows thread.  Compare to Henrik Sedin's paltry 7 pages & Daniel's pathetic 4 pages.

These threads weren't even started until WELL in to all their careers. I believe this thread also got moved from the prospects section with all the posts from that. 

• Upvote 1

On 2018-08-10 at 8:55 AM, Brovat said:

Haha you’re crazy but I like it. I think the top 6 will be largely interchangeable which is kind of a neat thought after having the Sedins being a fixture together for so long. 

I think there’s a real opportunity to build 2 equalish top lines and to load up a line when a goal is really needed with whoever is playing the best out of the 6. 

I think out of my projected top 6 players the last 2 I want to see together are EP and SB. 

Yes on Baertschi. A top line can have a high end scorer that doesn’t check. The problem is, Baertschi has been gifted the top line and top powerplay my notes but doesn’t do enough.